First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 4, 2018, 2:06 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 168 (28555 views)
Shortcut
Coming down from league 2 Can't Post or Reply Privately

At the moment fighting to avoid the drop into the conference Barnet and chesterfield, poor old Barnet had rough few years

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

pokal02
First Team Star

Feb 4, 2018, 3:02 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #2 of 168 (28497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think in our (Barnet's) case - 'fighting' is exaggerating a bit - 'giving up peacefully' nearer the mark!

garethwrexy

Feb 4, 2018, 3:26 PM

Post #3 of 168 (28467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If chesterfield go down it be the first taste of conference football

Rebel Yeller
Youth Team Regular

Feb 4, 2018, 3:29 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #4 of 168 (28460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If Dave Tarpey hadn't had that Cruciate ligament injury I suspect that they would be higher up the league.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 4, 2018, 5:04 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #5 of 168 (28359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are at least nine clubs well in the mix at the bottom of League Two, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see others dragged into it before the start of May.

Barnet look in real trouble, and I’ve no idea where their next win will come from - it’s unlikely it’ll be v. Notts County next week.

The other place could be taken by anyone up as far as Cheltenham. Grimsby Town in particular seem to be dropping like a stone at the moment, and Crewe Alexandra had another difficult day yesterday - I’d worry for both of those two.

I had previously been worried for Yeovil Town for a while, who have been circling the plug hole of relegation for too long now, but a couple of recent wins has shown they’ve probably got enough to keep just out of reach for another season yet.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Feb 4, 2018, 5:15 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #6 of 168 (28332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think Gareth would like to see Newport go down and replaced by Wrexham. Unlikely Newport will go down though and have Wrexham got the bottle for a promotion fight?

pokal02
First Team Star

Feb 4, 2018, 6:46 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #7 of 168 (28212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not sure a fit Tarpey would have helped much. The basic problem is that we have no defensive midfielder and just get overrun time after time.

We'll struggle in the NL next season too unless this is sorted out in the summer (for some reason we thought it more important to sign a third senior goalkeeper in the transfer window just ended).

garethwrexy

Feb 4, 2018, 7:40 PM

Post #8 of 168 (28127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not really that bothered

garethwrexy

Feb 4, 2018, 7:41 PM

Post #9 of 168 (28126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Crewe been team not had much luck over the years

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 5, 2018, 10:33 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #10 of 168 (27666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The National League could have a much more "non-league" line-up next season, if Barnet and FGR come down and Tranmere (my bet), Wrexham / Aldershot go up.

gcnc

Feb 5, 2018, 2:06 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #11 of 168 (27377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think Gareth would like to see Newport go down and replaced by Wrexham. Unlikely Newport will go down though and have Wrexham got the bottle for a promotion fight?

I was rejoicing in the fact that for the first time for a number of seasons this thread wouldn't need to mention Newport County ...Unsure

garethwrexy

Feb 5, 2018, 4:49 PM

Post #12 of 168 (27190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chesterfield will maybe join the non league fraternity

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 13, 2018, 3:25 AM

Post #13 of 168 (26154 views)
Shortcut

Some important matches this evening at the bottom of League Two...

My apologies to all the Alex fans on this forum, but I don't fancy Crewe Alexandra's chances tonight away at Accrington Stanley. After their win in front of over 28,000 at the Ricoh on Saturday, Cov manager Mark Robins described Accrington as the most street-wise side in the division with plenty of good players. Good luck to the Alex, though.

Yeovil Town v. Barnet is close to being a six-pointer, with Barnet having got an unexpected (and very late) win over Notts County on Saturday. I'd previously written off Barnet, but that win puts them in a new light. And if Yeovil lose it'll drag them right back into it all.

Of the others, Chesterfield will fancy their chances at home to a Cambridge side who are in free-fall and who have not won since Christmas. And Forest Green Rovers, after beating Coventry, stand a good chance at home to an off-form Stevenage.

(This post was edited by oxpete on Feb 13, 2018, 3:27 AM)

PartizanBristle
Youth Team Regular

Feb 13, 2018, 8:44 AM

Team(s): Bristol Rovers, Bristol Manor Farm, Clapton CFC

Post #14 of 168 (26002 views)
Shortcut

The reversal of fortunes since Barnet pipped Bristol Rovers to the 14/15 conference title has been quite something to behold.

#83, 20/92

Club photographer for Bristol Manor Farm. Check out my shots here.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 13, 2018, 9:44 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #15 of 168 (25940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PartizanBristle] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The reversal of fortunes since Barnet pipped Bristol Rovers to the 14/15 conference title has been quite something to behold.
--------
Just Barnet being Barnet. It's what they are good at.

garethwrexy

Feb 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

Post #16 of 168 (25899 views)
Shortcut

Anyone think be last day drama who stays up or goes down

ladderman

Feb 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #17 of 168 (25899 views)
Shortcut

We have dispensed with the services of the man who bored the club to death, though

dottirofhod

Feb 13, 2018, 10:26 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #18 of 168 (25891 views)
Shortcut

The Alex been involved in a couple of last day survivals over last few years, poss again this time.
After a poor season last year I did not expect this.
Porter and Dagnall current long term injuries are not helping at moment.
We are in a spell at mo of 3 in 4 home ga.es, the 0-0 last Sat being first of those, need 2 wins at least from those.

From July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 = 27 / 25 / 2. (You know my rules) @ 08 /08 /2018.
Benelux. B = 0-0-0- ( 1-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-3-2 ) UPDATED. Ta Reg. Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 7 - 3 ).
Some of my neighbours are prostitutes.

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 13, 2018, 11:11 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #19 of 168 (25837 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Anyone think be last day drama who stays up or goes down

Certainly looking that way, Gareth. I think (or at least hope) that the teams now on 39 points have at least enough in the tank to keep themselves above the precipice, but all of the bottom eight have something to fear. It would not suprise me if by the time I wake, Crewe are only clear of the drop zone on goal difference.

The good news for all of these is they are only a couple of wins away from looking a lot safer. It will be past Easter before we get a clear picture

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

windydcfc

Feb 13, 2018, 11:48 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #20 of 168 (25777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Alex been involved in a couple of last day survivals over last few years, poss again this time.
After a poor season last year I did not expect this.
Porter and Dagnall current long term injuries are not helping at moment.
We are in a spell at mo of 3 in 4 home ga.es, the 0-0 last Sat being first of those, need 2 wins at least from those.

I’ve stuck a tenner on Alex going down, so hopefully they won’t let me downWink

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Feb 13, 2018, 12:16 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #21 of 168 (25734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am heading to Forest Green Rovers tonight, just to make sure I see them at home while they are a member of the Football League.

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

Feb 13, 2018, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #22 of 168 (25593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a result of my scouting work, I've seen a lot of League 2 football this season.

I saw Crewe win at Chesterfield on Boxing Day and was impressed by the Alex. However, Chesterfield were shocking that day. Conversely, I saw a great Chesterfield performance at Swindon where The Spireites were robbed of a win by a 96th minute (hotly disputed) penalty.

I recently watched Crawley play really good football to beat Accrington and last week saw Cambridge battle to a creditable draw vs Lincoln. Previously, I had seen Cambridge dispatch of a very ordinary Yeovil team. However, the most impressive performance was an unexpected 4-1 Cheltenham win at Colchester. Leo's side played really well that day!

What this basically means is that there is a lot of inconsistency in performances in League 2 this season!!

Grounds Visited 301
Last New Ground: Colchester United Training Ground
Last Game: Yeovil Town 2-2 Mansfield Town
EFL 2 11.08.18
Games In Season 2018-19: 9
New Grounds This Season: 1
Goals This Season: 30

Ave goals per game: 3.33

garethwrexy

Feb 13, 2018, 7:40 PM

Post #23 of 168 (25240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coming down from league 2 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It be tense last day !

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM

Post #24 of 168 (25085 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Some important matches this evening at the bottom of League Two...

My apologies to all the Alex fans on this forum, but I don't fancy Crewe Alexandra's chances tonight away at Accrington Stanley. After their win in front of over 28,000 at the Ricoh on Saturday, Cov manager Mark Robins described Accrington as the most street-wise side in the division with plenty of good players. Good luck to the Alex, though.

Yeovil Town v. Barnet is close to being a six-pointer, with Barnet having got an unexpected (and very late) win over Notts County on Saturday. I'd previously written off Barnet, but that win puts them in a new light. And if Yeovil lose it'll drag them right back into it all.

Of the others, Chesterfield will fancy their chances at home to a Cambridge side who are in free-fall and who have not won since Christmas. And Forest Green Rovers, after beating Coventry, stand a good chance at home to an off-form Stevenage.

Tonight's scores...

Accrington Stanley 1 Crewe Alexandra 0
Chesterfield 2 Cambridge United 3
Forest Green Rovers 3 Stevenage 1
Yeovil Town 2 Barnet 0

Chesterfield went one-up in the very first minute of their match, before losing to a very late 90+5min winner for CUFC.

FGR won from behind. Losing for most of the first half, they seemed to benefit from an early Stevenage sending-off.

Good news for Yeovil, who have now won three and drawn one of their last four matches. But bad news for both Barnet and Crewe Alexandra.

dottirofhod

Feb 14, 2018, 2:13 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #25 of 168 (24859 views)
Shortcut

Getting serious now , Sat home v Colchester and next Tuesday at home to Exeter, wins most welcome , 4 points minimum !

From July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 = 27 / 25 / 2. (You know my rules) @ 08 /08 /2018.
Benelux. B = 0-0-0- ( 1-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-3-2 ) UPDATED. Ta Reg. Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 7 - 3 ).
Some of my neighbours are prostitutes.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3