Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Central Midlands League/new EML

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

rainworthgord
First Team Star

May 12, 2008, 9:45 PM

Post #76 of 97 (4453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why, what were you doing last Tuesday? Oh, sorry, you can't remember can you?

You're right though.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

May 12, 2008, 11:21 PM

Post #77 of 97 (4412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
At my age remembering 20, 30 or even 40 years ago is no problem.
Last Tuesday though is a complete blank.

Too much alcahol does that to me too. Wink

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Geoff
First Team Sub

May 12, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #78 of 97 (4400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wish it was alcohol, I suppose it might have been, let me think...........

Gunboat Briggs
Junior Team Sub

May 13, 2008, 12:03 PM

Team(s): Dundee United

Post #79 of 97 (4326 views)
Shortcut

According to the CML website, due to time constraints they will be running with the same structure divisional structure next season, however this won't prevent the movement of clubs to the new EML which they remain committed too.

Sarumio

May 13, 2008, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #80 of 97 (4312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gunboat Briggs] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So the only questions left unanswered are
  • Will the CML allow Askern Welfare, Grimsby Borough and Appleby Frodingham join the NCEL ontop of the 8 clubs leaving?

and (probably as a result of the above happening)
  • Will the NCEL allow Borrowash Victoria and Gedling Town leave to join the EML as has been rumoured?

and finally (if the above happens)
  • How are the CML going to split 28 teams (not taking into account resignations or new clubs joining) into two divisions?

CMFL Fan
Junior Team Sub

May 13, 2008, 1:17 PM

Post #81 of 97 (4269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

40 - 11 = 29 + 6 possible new clubs = 35. Looks like a 17/18 split. Only concern will be the quality of the leagues with 'all 11' leaving from the top division.

Russell
First Team Star

May 13, 2008, 1:20 PM

Post #82 of 97 (4262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CMFL Fan] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is Appleby Frod's ground up to the required standard for promotion? It seemed very basic to me.

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

May 13, 2008, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #83 of 97 (4226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There appears to be a 'turf war' starting between the CML and the NCEL. The proposed Step 7 NCE Div 2 mentioned in the 'New Yorkshire League' thread seems to be the cause of the problem. The F.A. are keen to get more Yorkshire clubs into the pyramid structure and may have decided the easiest way is for NCEL to form an extra division.
Currently there are 9 Yorkshire clubs in the CML :-
Askern Welfare (could be promoted to the NCE Div1)
Bentley Colliery
Hatfield Main
Yorkshire Main
Kiveton Park
Kinsley Boys
Phoenix S & S
Thorne Colliery
Armthorpe
Looks like both leagues could be set to fight over these clubs (and the most northerly Notts clubs too) in a power struggle situation.
This close season should be interesting seeing how the CML sets itself up ready to fend off the NCEL, with their new division unlikely to start before the 2009/10 season.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2008, 2:44 PM

Post #84 of 97 (4215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Mr. T (May 9, 2008, 1:12 PM) wrote: For the lazy amongst, can anyone summarise/confirm and/or add to Kivo's original post about the constitution of the EML? How many divisions, how many clubs in each division, which leagues those clubs will come from, what the effects are on those leagues that will lose clubs (i.e. how will they reorganise themselves), promotion/relegation relationships with other leagues?

Yours indolently...

And the answer to my question is? Or do I conclude from the debate so far that it's the authorities that don't know yet?!

(This post was edited by Mr. T on May 13, 2008, 2:45 PM)

rainworthgord
First Team Star

May 13, 2008, 2:46 PM

Post #85 of 97 (4211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA will end up ruling on this one, as I believe they will over Grimsby Borough's and Appleby Frodingham's applications to step up this summer) and maybe Gedling Town and Borrowash Victoria to move the other way into the EMCL.

At the end of the day, football should be about what is best for the clubs, and not about inter-league inter-empire power struggles, but all too often it is, more's the pity.

ianh
First Team Star

May 13, 2008, 10:17 PM

Post #86 of 97 (4103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CMFL Fan] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
40 - 11 = 29 + 6 possible new clubs = 35. Looks like a 17/18 split. Only concern will be the quality of the leagues with 'all 11' leaving from the top division.

Are the 6 clubs now joining, I think its more like 2 now, The CML committee have decided not to split North and South

(This post was edited by ianh on May 14, 2008, 11:18 AM)

rainworthgord
First Team Star

May 14, 2008, 10:41 AM

Post #87 of 97 (4013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Frank hasn't decided not to make the split - he's been overtaken by time, so the necessary rule change can't be made.

I spoke to Frank on Thursday of last week and he told me then that no clubs had withdrawn their applications for the CML as a result of regionalisation not happening.

ianh
First Team Star

May 14, 2008, 11:17 AM

Post #88 of 97 (3999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry,
it should have said the commitee have decided not to split (have amended it)
I said think, as had heard rumours that the 3 Humber prem clubs were sold on regionalisation, and as that had changed.... also that the other club had decided against it before the decision

kivo
First Team Regular

May 15, 2008, 11:18 AM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #89 of 97 (3856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anybody (Tony?) got any idea as to the final league constitution for next season?

wanderer
Reserve Team Sub

May 15, 2008, 12:41 PM

Post #90 of 97 (3810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has anybody (Tony?) got any idea as to the final league constitution for next season?

Surely nobody can answer that until after the league AGM, which isn't until June 24th.

rainworthgord
First Team Star

May 15, 2008, 2:27 PM

Post #91 of 97 (3745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanderer] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Correct. But I would guess that the leagues concerned will at least know by now the destiny of Appleby Frodingham and Grimsby Borough, even if we as onlookers are not party to that info until the AGMs.

kivo
First Team Regular

Jan 21, 2009, 2:49 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #92 of 97 (3185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thought i'd resurrect this thread as this season draws to a close (OK it's only January but i'm getting giddy already).

Does anyone know whether the CMFL will be going ahead with it's regionalisation for next seaso? i.e., North and South-West divisions both at step 7 or will it be staying with it's current structure of Supreme at step 7 and Premier at step 8?

Sarumio

Jan 21, 2009, 3:40 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #93 of 97 (3171 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thought i'd resurrect this thread as this season draws to a close (OK it's only January but i'm getting giddy already).

Does anyone know whether the CMFL will be going ahead with it's regionalisation for next seaso? i.e., North and South-West divisions both at step 7 or will it be staying with it's current structure of Supreme at step 7 and Premier at step 8?

Will the CML allow another club to go to the NCEL (to fill the vacancy in Division One) without having anything in return? Are Calverton Miners Welfare or Harworth Colliery Institute's grounds up to standard? I assume Sutton Town's is.

Also does the EML have any intention to expand to 20?

OSSIE10
Junior Team Sub

Jan 29, 2009, 8:31 AM

Post #94 of 97 (2958 views)
Shortcut

I certainly would expect the EMC league to be increaced at least to 20 teams next season to increace the number of games. Where these teams come from is going to be interesting. Will teams be allowed or want to jump from NEC or have they missed the boat?

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Jan 29, 2009, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #95 of 97 (2884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OSSIE10] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I certainly would expect the EMC league to be increaced at least to 20 teams next season to increace the number of games. Where these teams come from is going to be interesting. Will teams be allowed or want to jump from NEC or have they missed the boat?

A bit of 'latitude' is needed - the EMCL is Notts, Derbys, Leics so you could move teams across. The NCEL is becoming slighty more Yorkshire based - so new entrants should fill each - the problem comes that many of the teams in a fair place to move up on the border of which is best - sort of Mansfield ish area.
I'm increasingly thinking the EMCL, NCEL should be the step 5 leagues for the E Mids (ish) and Yorks (ish) with 3 feeders from each - but I refer you to my previous answer

OSSIE10
Junior Team Sub

Jan 30, 2009, 8:19 AM

Post #96 of 97 (2803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

MattRamLives:- It may be an idea to elevate EMC to step5 but that would mean uplifting leagues below to step6. This could be done but most teams in the CML are strugeling to meet step7 ground requirements. As for Leics step7 grounds meeting step6 no comment!Wink

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Mar 18, 2009, 1:11 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #97 of 97 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OSSIE10] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also with this idea aren't most of the teams in the EMC from Central Midlands/Leics. Senior? In which case, surely a lot of work would need to get the league's grounds up to Step 5 standards - but its all hypothetical, mind!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3