First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kivo
First Team Regular

Apr 17, 2008, 10:01 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #1 of 97 (8419 views)
Shortcut
Central Midlands League/new EML Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi all, my first post on the site, wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what is happening with the Central Midlands League from next season? My first team is Sheffield Wednesday but my village team is Kiveton Park so every now and then i'll pop down to watch them.

As I understand it, from next season, it will be

5. Northern Counties East Premier

6. Northern Counties East First
6. New East Midlands League

7. Central Midlands North (feeding to Northern Counties East First)
7. Central Midlands South-East (feeding to New East Midlands League)

Would this be about right? Would Kiveton be placed in the Central Midlands North and effectively move up a division?
Thanks for any help offered.

(This post was edited by kivo on Apr 17, 2008, 10:03 PM)

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Apr 17, 2008, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #2 of 97 (8376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's about it. A couple of extra bits.

Depending on the location of the new step 6 East Midlands league champions, they could either be promoted to the Northern Counties East or the Midland Football Alliance - both at step 5.

The LSL is also splitting into two divisions next season and will also feed the new East Midlands step 6 league.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 17, 2008, 10:27 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #3 of 97 (8375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That is correct - whether it will actually happen remains to be seen though

Sarumio

Apr 17, 2008, 10:28 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 97 (8370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The LSL is also splitting into two divisions next season and will also feed the new East Midlands step 6 league.

I didnt know this - so much like the CML Premier clubs, all LSL Division One clubs will be effectively promoted to Step 7?

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Apr 17, 2008, 10:37 PM

Post #5 of 97 (8360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I didnt know this - so much like the CML Premier clubs, all LSL Division One clubs will be effectively promoted to Step 7?

Not necessarily. They have not yet decided whether they are going to have two parallel step 7 leagues or a step 7 and a step 8 as they have now.

jarvo
Junior Team Sub

Apr 17, 2008, 10:40 PM

Post #6 of 97 (8357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That's about it. A couple of extra bits.

Depending on the location of the new step 6 East Midlands league champions, they could either be promoted to the Northern Counties East or the Midland Football Alliance - both at step 5.

the LSL is 2 divisions now with the premier being step 7 and div1 effectivley step 8

kivo
First Team Regular

Apr 18, 2008, 12:45 PM

Post #7 of 97 (8270 views)
Shortcut

So from those teams in Yorkshire and Lincolcnshire it's a good move as they move up a division, but for those in the new South-East division, it'll be tougher to get to step 6 due to the LSL being a parallel feeder league, thus sharing promotion slots?

Also, will the CMFL's step 7 ground grading requirements stay in effect? If so, floodlights are needed and the vast majority of those remaining in the CMFL won't have them!

HI-HI
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 18, 2008, 12:47 PM

Post #8 of 97 (8270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Last season the LSL Premier was step 6 (its champions were eligible for promotion to MFA step 5), so LSL1 was step 7 (2 promotions to get in the MFA).
This season LSLP was demoted to step 7, so LSL1 was demoted to step 8.
So next season LSL1 will be promoted to step 7, i.e. what they were 12 months ago.

ianh
First Team Star

Apr 18, 2008, 6:59 PM

Post #9 of 97 (8157 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So from those teams in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire it's a good move as they move up a division, Crazy

The only Lincolnshire team it benefits is Louth Town

Also, will the CMFL's step 7 ground grading requirements stay in effect? If so, floodlights are needed and the vast majority of those remaining in the CMFL won't have them!

I dont think so, as Skegness Town and I think the Humber Prem teams dont have lights

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Apr 19, 2008, 9:29 AM

Post #10 of 97 (8046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, the Central Midlands are unlikely to apply their Supreme Division requirements to the new step 7 regionalised set-up. I suppose they may have done if they had not been regionalising, because there are enough teams in the Premier who have lights to have enabled them to do so, but for others at Premier level lights are a non-starter.

Incidentally, one club who could have faced demotion had they not been regionalising is Forest Town, who are current leaders of the Supreme, because although they have applied for the new EMCL they have not got their lights up yet, and it's questionable whether they will do in time. They have had their one season's grace in the Supreme and normally would have been relegated back to the Premier having failed to put them up.

I understood they had bought Scarbro's lights from the McCain Stadium, but speaking to a couple of locally-based Scarbro fans who attended our friendly against Southwell at Rainworth last night they told me that the lights have not yet been dismantled at the McCain.

kivo
First Team Regular

Apr 19, 2008, 1:26 PM

Post #11 of 97 (7989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Central Midlands League/new EML [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No, the Central Midlands are unlikely to apply their Supreme Division requirements to the new step 7 regionalised set-up. I suppose they may have done if they had not been regionalising, because there are enough teams in the Premier who have lights to have enabled them to do so, but for others at Premier level lights are a non-starter.

Incidentally, one club who could have faced demotion had they not been regionalising is Forest Town, who are current leaders of the Supreme, because although they have applied for the new EMCL they have not got their lights up yet, and it's questionable whether they will do in time. They have had their one season's grace in the Supreme and normally would have been relegated back to the Premier having failed to put them up.

I understood they had bought Scarbro's lights from the McCain Stadium, but speaking to a couple of locally-based Scarbro fans who attended our friendly against Southwell at Rainworth last night they told me that the lights have not yet been dismantled at the McCain.

Gord, have you been to Kiveton Park to watch Rainworth as I think I may have spoken to you at half-time, maybe not you, you certainly seem knowledgable enough!

What do you think of the future of Kiveton Park as a club? Historically a fairly big club for a village team but fallen on hard times since the closure of the pit.

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Apr 19, 2008, 5:35 PM

Post #12 of 97 (7918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Press release from EMCL dated 18th April

The Leicestershire Senior Football League (LSL) and the Central Midlands League (CML) have been given FA Approval to form a new league to participate at Step 6 of the non league system. The league will be formed from members of the 2 leagues that have the necessary facilities, and who fall into the 3 county catchment area of Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
The league will be managed initially by a joint steering committee from the LSL and CML and the constitution of the league will be defined on the 20th May with the inaugural AGM set for the 9th June.
The league will be initially of 16 teams, with an equal split between both parent organisations. Thereafter the clubs will enjoy normal promotion and relegation issues associated at that level of the non league system and complete the non league system to grass roots level in the East Midlands. Currently there are 19 clubs in the running for the new league, the top 8 from each parent organisation will go forward.
Teams from which the LSL will supply 8 clubs (in alphabetical order) Anstey Nomads; Barrow Town; Blaby &Whetstone Athletic; Bardon Hill Sports; Ellistown; Hinckley Downes; Holwell Sports; Ibstock Utd; Kirby Muxloe and St Andrews.
Teams from which the CML will Supply 8 clubs (in alphabetical order) Blackwell Miners Welfare; Dunkirk; Forest Town; Gedling Miners Welfare; Graham St Prims; Greenwood Meadows; Heanor Town; Holbrook Miners Welfare; and Radford.
Officers of the new league are Joint Chairman ~David Jamieson and Frank Harwood; Secretary ~Robert Holmes; Press Officer ~Dave Lumley; Fixture Secretary ~David Holland and Treasurer ~Robin Willis. The remaining offices will be divided between the 2 leagues representatives.
The Steering committee are actively trying to find a sponsor and design a league logo.
Dave Lumley
Press officer
East Midlands Counties Football League

Gray
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 20, 2008, 3:37 PM

Team(s): Enfield Tn

Post #13 of 97 (7752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The league will be formed from members of the 2 leagues that have the necessary facilities, and who fall into the 3 county catchment area of Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

Does this mean clubs from Lincs & Sheffield are excluded?. Interesting to note not 1 from these 2 County FAs are on the list of potential members. Would appear that Nrth / Ctrl Lincs are a bit in limbo now.

Blanc Mange
Youth Team Regular

Apr 20, 2008, 4:17 PM

Post #14 of 97 (7738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gray] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lincolnshire is out on on a limb on everything to do with modern life (like Cornwall is) traffic infrastructure is a joke,
a railway line stuck in the middle of Lincoln city centre (a trainspotters wet dream especially if they love freight
trains lol Wink) poor wages and even the weathermen will mention Lincolnshire on its own because even they're
not sure where to lump us with,are we East Midlands,Yorkshire,The North or East Anglia who knows so why should
football be any different.With the introduction of the East Midlands bla bla league (honestly i'm not bitter) does the Central
Midlands still feed into the NCE and if not where does it leave the likes of Nettleham and Appleby Frodingham do they have
to beg to be let in the NCE because in reality the new league will a step higher leaving the aforementioned no where to go.

ianh
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2008, 11:44 PM

Post #15 of 97 (7618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Blanc Mange] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
does the Central Midlands still feed into the NCE and if not where does it leave the likes of Nettleham and Appleby Frodingham do they have
to beg to be let in the NCE because in reality the new league will a step higher leaving the aforementioned no where to go.

Grimsby Borough and App-Frod have applied to go to the NCE, whilst there positions in the CML,presently 12th and 16th do not warrant a move to a step 6 league (NCE1), I believe Blackwell MW(13th),Graham St Prims(14th) and Greenwood Meadows(19th) are moving to the new step 6 league (EML).

Would summise Grimsby Borough and App-Frod would be unhappy if denied

CMFL Fan
Junior Team Sub

Apr 21, 2008, 7:42 AM

Post #16 of 97 (7570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
does the Central Midlands still feed into the NCE and if not where does it leave the likes of Nettleham and Appleby Frodingham do they have

Grimsby Borough and App-Frod have applied to go to the NCE, whilst there positions in the CML,presently 12th and 16th do not warrant a move to a step 6 league (NCE1), I believe Blackwell MW(13th),Graham St Prims(14th) and Greenwood Meadows(19th) are moving to the new step 6 league (EML).

Would summise Grimsby Borough and App-Frod would be unhappy if denied

the only difference is, that the 3 teams mentioned have taken the correct route and applied to join the new EMCL with-in the time scales laid down by the CMFL and FA, whereas Grimsby and Appleby have not shown any interset in joining the new league or moving up until they were approached by the NECL.

Richard Rundle

Apr 21, 2008, 7:58 AM

Post #17 of 97 (7565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CMFL Fan] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
the only difference is, that the 3 teams mentioned have taken the correct route and applied to join the new EMCL with-in the time scales laid down by the CMFL and FA, whereas Grimsby and Appleby have not shown any interset in joining the new league or moving up until they were approached by the NECL.

But if the ECML is for Leics, Notts & Derbys, they would not have been eligible to join it anyway? (Not that I'm in favour of promotions for clubs anywhere near that far down their division)

--
Richard

OSSIE10
Junior Team Sub

Apr 21, 2008, 8:37 AM

Post #18 of 97 (7554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All teams in the CML Supreme were invited to apply for the new EMC League 12 month ago no matter what the teams location is North, South or Middlands. Appleby & Nettleham declinded the invitation. CML consitution states only Champions to be allowed promotion to NEC step 6 or Runners up if champions ground does not make grading and so on down to 4th if agreed by management committee. We at Radford FC were leading the league at Feb 2 seasons ago when applications for promotion are submmited but finished 5 th and were not allowed to progress to NEC by the CML. No teams should be allowed to overstep the pyramid system exept by structured means as new EMC. I know teams in the CML have recently been offered promotion to the NEC by the back door. I agree the Northern clubs should have gone for the new league in the first year then taken advantage of the horse trading that will take place with the NEC next year

HI-HI
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 21, 2008, 10:28 AM

Post #19 of 97 (7516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
But if the ECML is for Leics, Notts & Derbys, they would not have been eligible to join it anyway? (Not that I'm in favour of promotions for clubs anywhere near that far down their division)

--
Richard

This isn't promotion in the usual football sense of "promotion". It's a re-alignment, another small step (!) in trying to have similar standards across the country.

Blanc Mange
Youth Team Regular

Apr 21, 2008, 10:28 AM

Post #20 of 97 (7516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OSSIE10] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I didnt realise that the Lincs clubs mentioned had declined the invitation to join the new set up so my
question is are Lincs clubs now barred constitutionally from ever entering the EMC.If truth be known no team
ever wants to travel to Lincolnshire,people moaning about having to go to Barton (CML) Spalding (nearly
everybody in the Northern Premier) and Holbeach (Stotfold moaning about that but in all honesty why they ever
left the South Midlands in the first place still perplexes me).Historically Lincs clubs have been scattered all over
the place looking for football,the old Midland League,Yorkshire (Lincoln Utd & Barton Tn),Eastern Counties (Boston FC
& Long Sutton Ath),United Counties (Holbeach Utd,Boston Tn,Deeping Rgrs etc etc) and Midlands Regional Alliance
(even though the league was at a lower level the likes of Grantham Utd,Harrowby Utd and Hykeham Utd still had to
travel to the northern parts of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire for a game).I really fear for the future of Lincs football
for anybody who wants to start a club or who are already out of the loop because it appears that at the moment there is
nowhere to go.

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Apr 21, 2008, 12:46 PM

Post #21 of 97 (7453 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Gord, have you been to Kiveton Park to watch Rainworth as I think I may have spoken to you at half-time, maybe not you, you certainly seem knowledgable enough!

What do you think of the future of Kiveton Park as a club? Historically a fairly big club for a village team but fallen on hard times since the closure of the pit.

No, unfortunately I didn't get to Kivo in our one season in the CML Premier - it was probably Gary Fuller, who in those days was doing match reports for us while his son did the pictures, who you spoke to, although they have now left the club. Nearest I've been to Hard Lane is on the adjacent Worksop-Sheffield railway line which gives a good view of the ground and the impressive stand.

There are a lot of clubs who have made good after the closure of their pits, and the obvious one is Hucknall Town, who were Hucknall CW in the Notts Alliance until the pit closed. They changed from CW to Town as a result and shot up the system all the way to Conference North.

We ourselves have continued to progress too, albeit our Welfare still thrives 15 years after the pit closed, so it can be done, but you need a sound commercial system in place to make it work.

OSSIE10
Junior Team Sub

Apr 21, 2008, 4:49 PM

Post #22 of 97 (7372 views)
Shortcut

The natural progretion of Lincs clubs Appleby, Grimsby and Nettelham would if the CMl goes North / South would be from the North League to the NEC 1 div. But if no North / South split then from Supreme to the NEC 1.
I would think the EMC league would not be an option after next season to Nothern CML clubs that are champions but would have to go to the NEC1 if the grounds meet step 6 requirements. I imagin this is the route they would want in any event!

Gray
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 22, 2008, 2:23 PM

Team(s): Enfield Tn

Post #23 of 97 (7233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CMFL Fan] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What about any future Lincolnshire League champions, where do they go ? The whole county would appear to have been forgotten / abandoned.

ianh
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2008, 10:39 PM

Post #24 of 97 (7138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gray] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What about any future Lincolnshire League champions, where do they go ? The whole county would appear to have been forgotten / abandoned.

With the Lincolnshire league not being part of the NLS, and not officially being a feeder, they could approach any of the 4 (NCE, UCL, EML @ step 6 or CML @ step 7) Skegness and Harrowby both approached the UCL, Skegness didnt have the facilities nor the prospect of getting them, and after consideration Harrowby thought Step 6 may be to big a jump for them.

also why would Grimsby Borough or App-Frod show any interest in joining a league where there nearest game would be 60 mile away, dont know about App-Frod, but Grimsby Borough have always been interested in step 6, thats one of the reasons they took the lease at Woodlands (ex-Immingham Town).

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 23, 2008, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #25 of 97 (7054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Central Midlands League/new EMCL - Press release [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Statement below from the Northern Counties East League website :-

22nd April, 2008
Step 5/6 In Midlands, Yorkshire, Humberside
Northern Counties East League representatives today met with representatives of the Central Midlands League, the Leicestershire Senior League and the Football Association.

All parties made presentations at FA Headquarters, Soho Square, regarding the future of football in the area.

No agreement could be reached.

A decision will be made by the FA Leagues Committee on the 14th of May.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what they cannot agree on?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3