leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 22, 2017, 9:33 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 1 (1695 views)
Shortcut
Malaysia Super League 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

The 12 team league takes a bit of a shake up
Sarawak and Penang were relegated at the end of last season, finishing in the final two places
T-Team (3rd) and Felda United (9th) were then also relegated

This leads to four teams being promoted from the Premier League, with 3rd place Johor DT II not eligible, the teams are Kuala Lumpar, Terengganu, PKNP and Negeri Sembilam. I am pleased to see two of my favourites, KL and NS back in the top league, but note that all teams now play in Peninsular Malaysia. I think this is the first time no team from Borneo has been at the top level.

Perak are moving to Manjung while the Perak stadium is being upgraded
Selangor seem to being moving away from the small Selayang stadium into the giant confines of Bukit Jalil
KL, who were also at Selayang last season are back at their traditional home of Cheras
PKNP, who only played one season in the Premier League after getting promoted, shared the Perak Stadium last season, but are now at the Penang Stadium on Batu Kawan

All four relegated teams take their places in the Premier League, although T-Team has been reinvented as Terengganu II, (they have always shared grounds)
Also new to the Premier League are UKM playing in Bangi, and FELCRA playing at the UM stadium in KL.

Pahang turned down a place in AFC competition, and if champions Johor DT make it to the AFC Champions League, then 6th place Selangor get gifted the place in the AFC Cup ground stage as the next best with AFC license.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3