Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 5, 2017, 9:03 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #126 of 147 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will St Ives Town FC be offering free wifi to download the online programme?

DaveH
Junior Team Star

Dec 6, 2017, 10:31 AM

Team(s): St Ives Town FC

Post #127 of 147 (924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

We do have wifi at the club.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 6, 2017, 3:57 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #128 of 147 (852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaveH] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

We do have wifi at the club.

And I do hope you will consider my suggestion of producing a cheap photocopied b/w programme next season rather than an on-line only version that some of your older fans will not be able to afford to print off.

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2017, 5:21 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #129 of 147 (822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Experience suggests that cheap black and white programmes are a waste of time. Regular fans (the people who matter) realise they are being ripped off. They buy them once and never again. Groundhoppers will never be back to buy one a second time.

Richard Rundle

Dec 6, 2017, 5:48 PM

Post #130 of 147 (807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And I do hope you will consider my suggestion of producing a cheap photocopied b/w programme next season rather than an on-line only version that some of your older fans will not be able to afford to print off.

Why, when you've downloaded the online programme, would you need to print it off?

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2017, 9:32 PM

Post #131 of 147 (728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Experience suggests that cheap black and white programmes are a waste of time. Regular fans (the people who matter) realise they are being ripped off. They buy them once and never again.

It depends on what price is being charged for them - £1 or less for a photocopied b/w issue is reasonable and I'm sure most fans appreciate that printing a programme can be an expensive business for small clubs run by volunteers. Even when I've been charged too much for a programme I am happy to pay anyway because I know the money will be used to keep the club afloat. At Patchway last Saturday (see WDYG) I did not have much loose change with me and neither did the club official who sold me the £1.50 programme but I insisted they kept the £2 coin I handed over rather than go to the bother of looking for 50 pence change.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Dec 6, 2017, 9:35 PM)

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2017, 9:33 PM

Post #132 of 147 (726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why, when you've downloaded the online programme, would you need to print it off?

Perhaps because you collect the programmes?

Richard Rundle

Dec 6, 2017, 9:37 PM

Post #133 of 147 (720 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

A damn sight easier to collect the PDFs. How many of these fans who can't afford to print off a programme could afford to buy one anyway?

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2017, 9:47 PM

Post #134 of 147 (715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

A damn sight easier to collect the PDFs. How many of these fans who can't afford to print off a programme could afford to buy one anyway?

I don't think we're allowed to swear on this forum, Richard! Yes, you can collect the PDF's but it's not the same as being able to hold a piece of paper is it?

Cowden Andy
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 6, 2017, 9:59 PM

Team(s): Cowdenbeath FC

Post #135 of 147 (706 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I don't think we're allowed to swear on this forum, Richard! Yes, you can collect the PDF's but it's not the same as being able to hold a piece of paper is it?

Don't take this the wrong way but what would you consider yourself more a groundhopper or a programme collector?

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2017, 10:04 PM

Post #136 of 147 (700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cowden Andy] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good question - I would say about half of each when it comes to doing non-league grounds in the UK, but when going to countries like Turkey where programmes are scarce it's the groundhopping that takes over.
Sorry if this isn't very helpful!

Cowden Andy
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 6, 2017, 10:08 PM

Team(s): Cowdenbeath FC

Post #137 of 147 (693 views)
Shortcut

Cheers just wondered with you liking to get a paper copy of a programme at a game.

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2017, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #138 of 147 (693 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Experience suggests that cheap black and white programmes are a waste of time. Regular fans (the people who matter) realise they are being ripped off. They buy them once and never again.

It depends on what price is being charged for them - £1 or less for a photocopied b/w issue is reasonable and I'm sure most fans appreciate that printing a programme can be an expensive business for small clubs run by volunteers. Even when I've been charged too much for a programme I am happy to pay anyway because I know the money will be used to keep the club afloat. At Patchway last Saturday (see WDYG) I did not have much loose change with me and neither did the club official who sold me the £1.50 programme but I insisted they kept the £2 coin I handed over rather than go to the bother of looking for 50 pence change.
You miss the point entirely.

1) Why would a club risk pissing off its regular supporters to please the ocasional obsessive?2) Who would pay £25 per season for a succession of photocopied sheets?

Chris1963

Dec 6, 2017, 10:55 PM

Post #139 of 147 (676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I haven't missed your point. Ultimately people have the choice whether or not to buy a basic photocopied programme. One thing I haven't mentioned yet though is that the programme could be combined with the matchday raffle by having a lucky number written on the front, as sometimes happens in Scandinavian countries.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2017, 11:04 PM

Post #140 of 147 (669 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
One thing I haven't mentioned yet though is that the programme could be combined with the matchday raffle by having a lucky number written on the front, as sometimes happens in Scandinavian countries.

Yes, in Sweden a couple of months back my travelling companion was surprised when buying a programme at one game that some people were buying multiple copies. Clearly they were hoping to win the ~£500 prize. Of course, exactly the same prize could have been on offer if the raffle was just a ticket, as is the norm in most countries.

kirby knitters

Dec 7, 2017, 10:09 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #141 of 147 (544 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I haven't missed your point. Ultimately people have the choice whether or not to buy a basic photocopied programme. One thing I haven't mentioned yet though is that the programme could be combined with the matchday raffle by having a lucky number written on the front, as sometimes happens in Scandinavian countries.

--------
Surely not written on the front with a pen which would spoil it. PNS in the UCL hand out free raffle tickets with match programme ( I won a box of chocs last season and handed them back) Swinton RLFC also hand out free raffle tickets with Programme but here the spoiling issue becomes reality as they are stapled on.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 7, 2017, 1:53 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #142 of 147 (475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Book Hoddy right....

Play-off programmes wanted: 2004 Basingstoke v Lewes. 2005 Droylsden v Kettering, Maldon v Barking, Maldon v Uxbridge. 2006 Brackley v Marlow, Kendal v Stocksbridge. 2007 Paulton v Taunton, Tooting v Hastings. 2008 Didcot v Oxford City, Tooting v Worthing, Sheffield v Stocksbridge. 2009 East Thurrock v Concord, Ilkeston v Kendal, Nantwich v Guiseley, Stocksbridge v Carlton. 2014 Tiverton v Paulton. 2015 Darlington v Bamber Bridge.

(This post was edited by DonQuixote on Dec 7, 2017, 2:00 PM)

dottirofhod

Dec 7, 2017, 1:58 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #143 of 147 (472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bored , waiting Brew House to open =

Will avoid the sarnies at Moritz Schiller Café !

Eng. 0- 0- 0- 0 -0- ( 0- 0) - ( I=0- N=0-S= 0 )- (IN =0 -IS=1 - NN=1- NS=0 - SC=-0-SC=0 ) - (CC= 1- 0-0 -0- 0-0- 0- 0-0-0-0- 0-0 -0) - ( 0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 -0 -0 -0 -0- 0). TBC.

Benelux.
B. 0-0-0 - ( 0- 0 - 0 -0) - ( 0- 1 - 0 - 0)
L. 0 -0.
N. 0 -0 -0.

Iberia.
P. 0 - 1.

Sp. 1 - 1.

I have impeccable credentials.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Dec 7, 2017, 2:04 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 7, 2017, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #144 of 147 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember using numbering barrels in early years as an
apprentice compositor...ain't got a clue how it's done today. Unsure

Play-off programmes wanted: 2004 Basingstoke v Lewes. 2005 Droylsden v Kettering, Maldon v Barking, Maldon v Uxbridge. 2006 Brackley v Marlow, Kendal v Stocksbridge. 2007 Paulton v Taunton, Tooting v Hastings. 2008 Didcot v Oxford City, Tooting v Worthing, Sheffield v Stocksbridge. 2009 East Thurrock v Concord, Ilkeston v Kendal, Nantwich v Guiseley, Stocksbridge v Carlton. 2014 Tiverton v Paulton. 2015 Darlington v Bamber Bridge.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2017, 3:13 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #145 of 147 (436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hartley Wintney is digital too, I think with paper still available.

I'm hoping to go to Hartley Wintney (versus Marlow) on Boxing Day. It'll be the undoubted highlight of a Christmas with the in-laws, domiciled in faraway Farnham. I emailed programme editor Luke Mullen, and he aims to produce 50 'hard copies' for every game. Digital back issues - look very good - can be viewed on the club website.

Sporting (and other images) at https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/Venue Totals:
Football 883; Rugby Union 240; Rugby League 203; Cricket 88; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Dec 7, 2017, 3:13 PM)

Chris1963

Dec 7, 2017, 3:40 PM

Post #146 of 147 (415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
One thing I haven't mentioned yet though is that the programme could be combined with the matchday raffle by having a lucky number written on the front, as sometimes happens in Scandinavian countries.

--------
Surely not written on the front with a pen which would spoil it. PNS in the UCL hand out free raffle tickets with match programme ( I won a box of chocs last season and handed them back) Swinton RLFC also hand out free raffle tickets with Programme but here the spoiling issue becomes reality as they are stapled on.

Brilliant idea of PNS I must say. I've been to some grounds (in the UK and Scandinavia) where the lucky number has been written on but I have managed to exchange it for one without a number. On other occasions I've come across a raffle ticket stapled to the programme but the staple can be easily removed with care if your fingernails (like mine) grow quickly!

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Dec 7, 2017, 3:41 PM)

Tim

Dec 7, 2017, 4:00 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #147 of 147 (392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Sticky for Southern League Physical Non Issuers 2017 - 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hartley Wintney is digital too, I think with paper still available.

I'm hoping to go to Hartley Wintney (versus Marlow) on Boxing Day. It'll be the undoubted highlight of a Christmas with the in-laws, domiciled in faraway Farnham. I emailed programme editor Luke Mullen, and he aims to produce 50 'hard copies' for every game. Digital back issues - look very good - can be viewed on the club website.

Certainly does look good. I'm going on Saturday if the weather allows....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3