Coupe de France 2017-18

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 4, 2017, 11:52 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #26 of 35 (452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Reply, thanks to Gricehead's extremely informative wiki pages, I have been able to break down the number of clubs in the competition this season
My total is 7149. 6934 from Mainland France, with 215 from the Outre Mer territories

The Wiki page gives a round by round record for the five French overseas departments, but not for the collectivities of New Hebridies and Tahiti, I have therefore only included one team from each of these in the total. There is therefore reasons to increase my figures

In the attached spreadsheet, cells B2 to N8 show the number of ties in each round, by region - and hence the number of clubs knocked out
By adding the number through to round 7, (same as number of ties in round 6), row 13 shows the number of clubs from each region entered, excluding clubs at Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 level.

Column O works out the total for the Mainland (which includes Corsica)
Columns P-T repeat this for the five overseas departments, with column U giving the overseas total
The total number of outre mer clubs in cell U13 includes +2 for Lossi (New Caledonia) and Tefana (Tahiti)

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Dec 4, 2017, 4:32 PM)
Attachments: French Cup numbers 2017.xlsx (9.88 KB)

Gricehead
Junior Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 1:47 PM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #27 of 35 (424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Reply, thanks to Gricehead's extremely informative wiki pages, I have been able to break down the number of clubs in the competition this season
My total is 7149. 6934 from Mainland France, with 215 from the Outre Mer territories

The Wiki page gives a round by round record for the five French overseas departments, but not for the collectivities of New Hebridies and Tahiti, I have therefore only included one team from each of these in the total. There is therefore reasons to increase my figures

In the attached spreadsheet, cells B2 to N8 show the number of ties in each round, by region - and hence the number of clubs knocked out
By adding the number through to round 7, (same as number of ties in round 6), row 13 shows the number of clubs from each region entered, excluding clubs at Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 level.

Column O works out the total for the Mainland (which includes Corsica)
Columns P-T repeat this for the five overseas departments, with column U giving the overseas total
The total number of outre mer clubs in cell U13 includes +2 for Lossi (New Caledonia) and Tefana (Tahiti)

There is no separately identified qualifying stage for either New Caledonia or Tahiti. The champions of the cup competition in each country qualify for the 7th round of the Coupe de France. I believe this is optional and the champions can elect to be passed over in favour of the runners-up etc.

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Dec 4, 2017, 4:32 PM)

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 4, 2017, 3:12 PM

Team(s): None

Post #28 of 35 (405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The New Hebrides which were jointly administered by the UK and France became independent as Vanuatu in 1980.
Surely they don't enter teams in the French Cup.
Do the Wallis and Futuna islands or St. Pierre and Miquelon enter any teams. There is certainly football in SPM.

Gricehead
Junior Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 3:30 PM

Post #29 of 35 (404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The New Hebrides which were jointly administered by the UK and France became independent as Vanuatu in 1980.
Surely they don't enter teams in the French Cup.
Do the Wallis and Futuna islands or St. Pierre and Miquelon enter any teams. There is certainly football in SPM.

Yes, it's New Caledonia that Lossi was qualified from. I was (badly) trying to make the connection between New Caledonia and the New Hebrides in Leo's post.

The short answer to your overseas territories question is no. I can't explain (at this stage) why.

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 4, 2017, 4:44 PM

Post #30 of 35 (391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry, must be a "Senior" moment, even though I still don't qualify

France appears to have four collectivities with no representation in the French Cup
They are Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and Wallis and Futana
Together, these four have a total population of 63,000
The smallest population of the seven with representation is 227,000 (Mayotte)

All 11 have representation in both houses of the French parliament, and vote for the President.

Before they split from Guadeloupe (2007), I imagine representatives from St. Barthelemy and St. Martin could enter through the Guadeloupe qualification.
As far as I know, there is no way of the others getting into the cup at present, but the FFF have been expanding the foreign representation, it attracts attention and news coverage. It is not impossible that it could be expanded further so long as the sponsors are happy with it.

Fat AND Pompous.

hawkwind
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 6:17 PM

Post #31 of 35 (370 views)
Shortcut

Last 64 draw televised on Eurosport now over next 30 minutes

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 4, 2017, 7:03 PM

Post #32 of 35 (358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Draw result at
https://www.fff.fr/...32emes-le-4-decembre

Fat AND Pompous.

Gricehead
Junior Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 7:15 PM

Post #33 of 35 (352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Last 64 draw televised on Eurosport now over next 30 minutes

Painfully slow draw. Been taking lessons from UEFA.

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 4, 2017, 7:49 PM

Post #34 of 35 (339 views)
Shortcut

That's why I never watch, just wait until the end and read the results.
I assume the one I linked to is the "raw" draw, and some matches are to be reversed

Fat AND Pompous.

Gricehead
Junior Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 7:54 PM

Post #35 of 35 (333 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
That's why I never watch, just wait until the end and read the results.
I assume the one I linked to is the "raw" draw, and some matches are to be reversed

That page has the correct draw, with fixtures reversed where required (apart from one - Entente SSG tie will be reversed if Blanc Mesnil beat Épinal in the rearranged 8th round tie)

Ties are reversed if there is a 2 or more level gap between the teams, with the lower ranked team being at home.

They reverse them on the fly during the draw (although there was confusion at the 7th round draw as they had the wrong levels on some of the team-slips)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3