Reverend Frank Campbell (Referee)

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 22, 2017, 11:51 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #1 of 4 (3522 views)
Shortcut
Reverend Frank Campbell (Referee) Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Reverend Frank Campbell has passed away.

Frank Campbell was well known in North East England and South Eastern Scotland as a referee and linesman, officiating in the Northern League, East of Scotland League and East Juniors.

He also produced many programmes for various clubs – often donating them to clubs where he was officiating if they did not issue themselves. He was Gala Fairydean programme editor for a while and produced dozens for Border Amateur FA Cup Finals. The last time I saw him was in May this year, at a Border Final at Greenlaw which he was refereeing.

Frank was Minister at Ancrum Parish Church in the Scottish Borders.

Many years ago he was also Programme Editor and a club official at Queen’s Park in his native Glasgow.

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Nov 28, 2017, 1:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Reverend Frank Campbell (Referee) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will be sadly missed, was always good for a blether. Dedicated in everything he did, first knew him from Queen's Park, and more recently when he was the most used official in south east Scotland!
Officiated at two games on the same day on the first organised Scottish hop a couple of years ago too.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Nov 28, 2017, 9:18 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #3 of 4 (3105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Reverend Frank Campbell (Referee) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I never met him but knew of him from a fellow paper chaser and I have a few of the issues he did for clubs in the North East who would never have issued if he had not been officiating, so in my collecting eyes he was a saint. Even now he will be in charge of a game in the elysian fields and there will certainly be a programme on sale! RIP.

Cowden Andy
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 4, 2017, 9:29 PM

Team(s): Cowdenbeath FC

Post #4 of 4 (2722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Reverend Frank Campbell (Referee) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Never knew about him passing away until the weekend.

Only met him one when he ran the line in a Vale of Leithen v Cowden friendly match.

Had a chat with him in the tearoom before the game and he came across as a decent guy with a few interesting stories.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3