Saturday 11th November 2017

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 13, 2017, 9:36 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #76 of 87 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clanfield 4 Liss Athletic 6, Hampshire Premier League, Att: 15, Admission/Prog: No

Sadly my first choice game, Coleford Athletic v Frome Collegians bit the dust - not sure that's the correct term - mid morning, but thanks to a tweet from Coleford I was able to dig out a Plan B with plenty of time to spare. I headed east from my Dorset base with the intention of playing the 3G card at Alton if I got desperate, stopping at Rownhams Services at around 12.30 to weigh up my options. Several of my preferred games in Hampshire had also gone by the wayside so I settled on Clanfield and what an inspired choice that turned out to be. Visitors Liss were awarded a penalty within 30 seconds and were 3-0 ahead in eight minutes, but after that a cracking end-to-end thriller broke out and although Clanfield were never quite close enough to threaten a comeback, they probably deserved something out of the game. One slight downside was the constant moaning from both club linesmen towards the referee. Clanfield's ground is just off the A3 on the edge of the village and is one of the more basic in the league, railed on one side, roped on two, with a newish changing room block behind the "top" goal. Refreshments were available from a club room within the building at half time.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

bmavfc
Youth Team Star

Nov 13, 2017, 4:15 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #77 of 87 (1606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase
Godmanchester 3 Deeping Rangers 4
Despite the score 0-0 would of been a fairer score ,deeping must of had a real off day.
Caught train from Peterborough to Huntington then walked around 30 minutes to the ground.
6 in with 1 for the programme which welcomed us to the game v Braintree Town reserves!

bagman
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 13, 2017, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #78 of 87 (1527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thurlow Nunn League Premier League

Stanway Rovers 0 v 0 Wroxham

Admission 4 OAP
Programme 1.50
Attendance 68

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Grounds 2017/18 Season = 21
Last New Ground : Stanway Rovers 11th November 2017

Turbine View
Youth Team Star

Nov 13, 2017, 5:41 PM

Team(s): Cromer Town, Sheringham, Norwich City, Runton Utd.

Post #79 of 87 (1515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Firstly
Cutters Friday 1 Westfield 6 Somerset Senior league Div. 1 East Att 12hc played on res pitch, as someone else playing on 1sts f&n Hot drinks available in club for 1 with a friendly welcome also spotted rolls behind bar.

Then Bradley Stoke Town 3 Bristol Barcelona 0 (Bristol and District League Prem Div played at GFAHQ Almondsbury Att 14hc again f&n a 5th bracketed tick for me on this site

Have no Plan A and apply it rigidly..

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 13, 2017, 7:06 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #80 of 87 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Scottish Juniors West, West Of Scotland Cup R1
Royal Albert 0-5 Pollok
at Craighead Park, Lesmahagow

the later train from Glasgow was packed with hyperactive over-excited little girls and their prosecco-swigging mothers after a Little Mix concert.

I also saw plenty of young girls and their mums on the train from Carlisle to Auchinleck but had no idea where they were going. But thanks to your post I now know, even if I had to google 'Little Mix' afterwards!

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 13, 2017, 9:42 PM

Team(s): GILLINGHAM, AFC TELFORD UTD, Witham Town

Post #81 of 87 (1247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leominster] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BROADHURST PARK
FC UNITED OF MANCHESTER
3 AFC TELFORD UTD 1
Admission 10
Prog 2

Another case of good day shame about the result.

Being spoilt for choice on a lunchtime in Manchester, I headed for the Knott Bar at Deansgate, where an excellent pint of Milk Stout was enjoyed. Moving on to the Christmas Market was an unexpected bonus. Sly
With my penchant for avoiding bus journeys unless absolutely necessary in and around cities, I decided that the Tram to Newton Heath & Moston followed by a short walk was the preferred option.

Sufficiently impressed with the ground given the fact it is unfinished in parts, decent atmosphere.
Not one I would bother to hurry back to though. Unsure

After a decent start and taking the lead, the Bucks faded in similar fashion to the Hereford match last week Frown

A swift exit and prompt tram, enabled the catching of the 1735 from Piccadilly back to London, and with Virgin behaving itself this allowed a brief stop at the home residence for a Clark Kent moment, before flying off to work a night shift. Angelic

Current totals/visits...
603 GROUNDS: Midhurst & Easebourne (54/92)
557 WETHERSPOONS: Hereford

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 14, 2017, 8:53 AM

Team(s): Cambridge City, Charlton Athletic

Post #82 of 87 (983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Marlow FC 3-3 Cambridge City, Southern League D1 East
Adm 8, prog 1.50, att 138 (approx 30 visitors)

A good entertaining game at a nice old ground, with the old stand still very much in use and offering good views for those who want a seat. Decent catering, too, which was a plus.

A bit of a strange visit for me as this is one of the grounds my late father took me to when I was young. He's been gone 7 years now and this was my first revisit to one of those grounds since then.

In the future, everyone will be Charlton manager for 15 minutes.

lovin spoonful
Youth Team Star

Nov 14, 2017, 12:10 PM

Post #83 of 87 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swindon Addick] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

GWINEAR CHURCHTOWN 3-4 PROBUS (H/T 0-0)
Trelawny League Division 2

Finishing my night shift at 4.15 and having rained all evening, I wouldn't make a decision on where to go until I got up at Saturday lunchtime. Conscious of the fact I was working again at 6 and having to feed the good lady's cat en route, I decided to venture to Gwinear as it was the nearest top v bottom clash.
Gwinear, third from bottom in Trelawny League Division 2 facing Probus who were second. Just a few seasons ago they were in the East Cornwall Premier League, after taking over their reserve team fixtures, they now found themselves playing on a pitch behind a pub in a village betweeen Camborne and Hayle.
Now keeping wellies in the boot of my car for days like this, they were definitely needed for a ground where there in not an inch of concrete around. The only bit there was was in the small dug outs which could house possibly three or four people.
Before the game there was an impeccably observed minute's silence, as there were at probably all games today and rightly so.
Gwinear had the wind with them in the first half and definitely shaded possession. Despite this, both sides were similar in their chances; both had a shot cleared off the line and both sides tried claiming a 1966 goal (was it over the line or not?). There were also some feisty challenges which mostly went unpunished save for the free kicks awarded.
Being a very narrow ground, on more than one occasion the ball would end up in one of the surrounding fields, more often than not in the field on the other side of the farm track that runs parallel to the ground and a gateway closer to the ground would be so much easier. I think it was four balls that went in there, with subs reluctant to get them, I wonder how many games are stopped when the balls ran out.
The opening goal came in the 52nd minute although I'm not convinced it was a goal. The ball bounced down off the bar onto the back of the keeper but the Gwinear linesman flagged for a goal and there were no complaints. Further goals followed in the 56th and 63rd minutes and being 3-0 up, Probus were going to work in making the gap between the teams count.
The home side pulled back what looked to be a deserved consolation goal for their first half performance in the 78th minute. Three minutes later, they were awarded a penalty. This meant that I have seen one penalty in each of the last five games. Confidently dispatched, now there was only one goal in it and Gwinear were well and truly in the ascendency.
With four minutes left, a cross from the right and an unfortunate bobble saw the visitors concede a tragic own goal and the comeback was complete.
But the game wasn't over. With two minutes left, a fine effort into the bottom corner restored advantage in the favour of Probus and this knocked the stuffing out of a battling Gwinear who fought valiantly to the very end.
One of my favourite grounds is this ground, behind the Royal Standard. Changing rooms are located in two big sheds which meet you before you get to the pitch. Although a small and narrow pitch, it is well within regulation but I think the fact it is tightly hemmed in makes it deceivingly small. It is possible to walk around the pitch but on the top side it is tight before giving way to a wider space by a gateway that has grown over. A field of scrub is behind a fence at the far end and dug outs are located on a wider touchline area on the other side.
Well worth a visit if it hasn't been ticked off yet!

162 grounds (17/11/17).
New grounds in 2017/18: Charlestown, Chesterfield, Derby County, Looe Town, Mansfield Town, Rame Peninsula, Stoke Climsland

WestBerksPalace
First Team Regular

Nov 14, 2017, 4:37 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace and Epsom and Ewell.

Post #84 of 87 (740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovin spoonful] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Vase 2nd Round at 'The Aspray Arena, Noose Lane, Willenhall'.
Sporting Khalsa 0-1 Bromsgrove Sporting, attendance 311, admission and prog 6.50. Badge 2, two samosas for 1.

Decided on this one, as our proposed trip to South Wales was cancelled after forecast of the wet stuff.
The other Vase matches I thought off, were at Walsall Wood/Desborough/Godmanchester Rovers and Sheppey United. I believe those four games had 32 goals in total!!

A pre-match pint in a Black Country Ales owned pub 'Robin Hood' in Willenhall, then over to Noose Lane.

Probably a good one to be at, as it turned out to be the last game on grass before the 3/4 G pitch gets laid. Not sure if there are further developments planned opposite the main stand, or the reason a small area was fenced off in preparation for the work due to start this week?

With at least, if not more, of the crowd coming from Bromsgrove, there was a good atmosphere. And the game was very watchable throughout.
Khala in all honesty had the better of it. And came out and dominated the first 25 minutes. However Grove had a stone wall penalty appeal turned down, after a defender virtually caught the ball, the ref waving it away for some reason.

The second half began as had the first half with Khalsa dominating and creating a few chances and hit the bar with a lovely free kick.
However, 'The Rouslers' scored a wonderful goal, with a right wing cross to the far post, neatly headed home.

Khalsa then won a penalty, again stonewall, and the keeper made a very good save.

Last years semi finalists were a little fortunate to win through, but worked hard for it.

As I left I heard the away fans chanting 'Green Army' as their team left the pitch.

Good run back and home by 19:10.

2017-18 - 44 games (Reading Women), 142 goals, av gpg 3.22, 20 new grounds.
2016-17 - 103 games, 329 goals, av gpg 3.19, 41 new grounds.
New Grounds in 2017 -40, 16 - 42, 15 - 63, Last new -Sporting Khalsa 11/11/17. Grounds in Total - 1144.
RL Grounds - 32 (Last - Belle Vue, Wakefield Trinity RL (1/7/17), Speedway Tracks 50.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Nov 14, 2017, 11:32 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #85 of 87 (537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Headington Amateurs 2 v 1 Clanfield 85 Hellenic League Div 1 West Admission Nil Prog 2 Tea/Coffee 1 Att 25 h/c

Myself and Henfield Bee drove to this the temporary venue for Headington Amateurs at Horspath Sports Centre which is located by BMW Factory in Oxford.
There were 2 other football pitches and a rugby pitch at the complex along with the Athletics stadium. A large but pretty clubhouse is situated here where Teas etc and the programme could be obtained from the chatty lady who advised that the club hope to be at their new ground next season.

The pitch they use has a chain fence and dug outs and nothing else. A decent match with both teams attacking with Clanfield missing a number of 1st half chances before Headington opened the scoring just before half time, they doubled the lead just after half time and ran out comfortable winners despite Clanfield pulling a goal back.

IAN S
First Team Star

Nov 17, 2017, 5:45 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #86 of 87 (240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Basingstoke Town 2 Biggleswade Town 0
Southern League Premier
h/t 1-0
att 317
admission 8, no programme, free teamsheet

Finally got to tick off the Camrose and I loved it, although the game wasn't the greatest. Biggleswade never had a shot on target and looked a poor side. The best player on the pitch, Sam Smart, scored the first goal after a blunder from the Waders keeper, he also set up the second goal after the interval.

Ground been done many times on here but it's looking like it is in it's death throes with overgrown weeds on the terraces and even on the far side terrace roof.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

coops
First Team Sub

Nov 18, 2017, 5:52 AM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #87 of 87 (144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Saturday 11th November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Northern Counties East Division One

Hallam 1-4 Dronfield Town

Admission 5 Prog 1.50
Att: 384

Bumper crowd for this local derby at a ground I've been meaning to tick off for years, after all, what sort of groundhopper are you if you haven't been to the World's oldest football ground?

I liked the ground, decent clubhouse with plenty of photos and snippets of info about the historic nature of both ground and club, one large seated stand , smaller terrace stand at the top end of the not inconsiderable slope (I love sloping pitches!) cricket nets at the other end and a fourth side not used as it borders a rather dilapidated looking cricket ground. Number 51 bus from Sheffield centre stops outside the ground and runs regularly.

Surprisingly easy win for the away team and they were on top for most of the game whether going up or down the slope.

Pre and post match refreshments taken in The Brown Bear, The Head of Steam and the wonderful Sheffield Tap. Great day out.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3