Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Football people who have drifted away

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2017, 11:07 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2887 views)
Shortcut
Football people who have drifted away Can't Post or

A mid match chat the other day reached the topic of people who have moved away from the game or just disappeared for one reason or another.
I remember a guy who I often bumped into at non-League games around the Bristol area who we knew as 'Tim the Teach' on account of the fact that his name was Tim and he was a teacher, possibly in Bristol. He was also a Gashead and I wonder of anyone on here knows him and if he is still about?
There was also a guy who drove a delivery van who allegedly watched 17 consecutive 1-0 games one season which prompted a mate to ring up each time to see where he was going so they could go somewhere else!
Two other characters were both connected to Wealdstone many years ago. One was called Squeaky, as he had a voice problem which made him sound falsetto and a lanky guy called Hermit, who used to go to Watford in the 70s before decamping to Lower Mead. One Saturday he found out he had Scots roots and immediately started speaking with a Jock accent out of the corner of his mouth! Priceless stuff!!
Oh, and what happened to Barry the Twat?.....

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 6, 2017, 8:14 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 10 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Some questions are best left unanswered

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 6, 2017, 10:04 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #3 of 10 (2777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Try post #58 on Saturday's Where Did You Go.....

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Nov 10, 2017, 2:37 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #4 of 10 (2269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've always joked that if I ever saw
East Fife 5 Forfar 4, I'd retire after that, from watching footy a happy man!
I've never actually seen that fixture, although I've seen both at home.
Are they currently in the same division?
I don't know anyone specifically who has drifted away, but I used to bump into a fella called Brian Byles in the 80s/90s, he tended to be at Croydon and Carshalton, he hopped a bit, and liked Halifax as well, I haven't see him for ages. He may may not be still alive of course Crazy

2019-20 - 12 games, last Kidlington v Daventry T, 17/8, goals 27, avgpg 2.25, new grounds 3. Last - Northampton ON Chenecks, 11/8.
New Grounds in 2019 - 17. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1210.
RL Grounds - 33 (Last - Macron Stadium, Challenge Cup SFs (5/8/18), Speedway Tracks 50.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Nov 10, 2017, 3:09 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #5 of 10 (2251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Met up with Barry at Chobham in 2008 & possible sightings (not confirmed) at Manchester City Academy & Llanllyfni in 2015

(This post was edited by Trevor P on Nov 10, 2017, 6:41 PM)

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 10, 2017, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #6 of 10 (2177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If it's the same bloke I'm thinking about, I saw him at Ely Rangers a couple of years ago. He's now confined to a wheelchair, but still gets about.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Nov 11, 2017, 7:32 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #7 of 10 (2015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They're both currently in Scots One, and actually played today, with the Loons winning 2-0

Butt 22 April 1964 is your day, as the score read Forfar 5 East Fife 4 - which is not quite what you wanted but close enough!

There are two more fixtures this season (late Jan and late Mar from memory) - and I hope to get to one of them to see if lightning strikes twice.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2017, 1:10 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or

OK so Tim the Teach aka Timothy Arthur has been identified but I will leave it up to individuals if they wish to Google him and see what he has been up to apart from putting on about ten stone by the looks of the pics.
Any Wealdstone people know Hermit or Squaeky?

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 16, 2017, 2:36 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1675 views)
Shortcut

I still bump into Bryan Byles from time to time
I saw him the day after the game you refer to, at Ely when he was at the Arms Park for Rugby League and I have seen him since at Brixton Bulls last year and I am pretty sure at football since
I think Ciderjon was his driver for the Cardiff games
There are people you seem have long stopped going to football and then you bump into them. Chris, I think, Miles was his surname was someone I saw frequently when I lived in Croydon, but bumped into him at Codicote last year for the first time in probably 15 years

pitch 63
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2017, 6:34 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Football people who have drifted away [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
OK so Tim the Teach aka Timothy Arthur has been identified but I will leave it up to individuals if they wish to Google him and see what he has been up to apart from putting on about ten stone by the looks of the pics.
Any Wealdstone people know Hermit or Squaeky?

I was shocked to find this out as I knew him from the touchline and also some of my grandsons attended his school.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3