https://www.bcfc.co.uk/...ement-bailey-wright/

FulhamDave
Youth Team Regular

Nov 3, 2017, 3:39 PM

Team(s): Fulham, Staines Town

Post #2 of 8 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at the game but missed the incident, as did most people. Fulham had just been awarded a free kick inside their own half for a foul for which Flint was booked.

What was clear at the time though was that Bailey went down holding his head as though he'd been hit heavily. This is where the Bristol City statement falls down. The players certainly came together but at "chest level" and was 6 of one / half a dozen of the other.

The referee clearly did not see the incident and the lino did not immediately flag, leading to the assumption he hadn't seen either. It was only after their consultation however that the red card to Kamara was produced.

Bristol City played very well in the match and the result wasn't really in doubt even before the red card. If this decision makes players think before acting in a similar manner then it is a good thing.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Nov 3, 2017, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #3 of 8 (2574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FulhamDave] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Fulham player should receive a ban for what is a red card offence. The City player should also get a ban, a longer one, for simulation. The FA need to clamp down on simulation b handing out bans of 3 or more games.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 5, 2017, 12:19 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #4 of 8 (2392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's not serious foul play to push the opponent in the chest. The player going down simulated being struck on the head - this triggered the red card.

If the officials had actually seen what was going on - yellow card for both of them.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Nov 5, 2017, 12:19 PM)

Fanatic
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2017, 3:57 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 8 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Agree with the posts above - it's simulation because he's pretending he's been hit in the face/head.

The club appear to be being deliberately obtuse on this point.

jon b
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2017, 5:08 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #6 of 8 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maybe we should give the City lad the benefit of the doubt, could be he's the sort of player who doesn't know their arse from their elbow.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 5, 2017, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #7 of 8 (2242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's not serious foul play to push the opponent in the chest. The player going down simulated being struck on the head - this triggered the red card.

If the officials had actually seen what was going on - yellow card for both of them.

Totally agree. Having seen it, I think Bristol City are wasting their time and that of everyone else. It is clear he is holding his head, and he has got what he deserves. Hopefully lessons are learned.
I would also suggest that whilst it is not serious foul play, it could be argued the Fulham player is guilty of violent conduct, which is a red card. One for debate I guess.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2017, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #8 of 8 (2146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Simulation or not [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Totally agree. Having seen it, I think Bristol City are wasting their time and that of everyone else. It is clear he is holding his head, and he has got what he deserves. Hopefully lessons are learned.
I would also suggest that whilst it is not serious foul play, it could be argued the Fulham player is guilty of violent conduct, which is a red card. One for debate I guess.

It couldn't be serious foul play. By definition SFP can only occur when challenging for the ball. If the Fulham player was guilty of violent conduct the sending off was correct and the actions of the Bristol City player couldn't have been examined by the review panel.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3