Coupe de France 2017-18

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 20, 2018, 4:18 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #51 of 54 (1185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Where a club plays in round 1, has a bye in round 2 and then plays in round 3 does not need special calculation - so long as they are not included (with bye as opposition) in round 2. Where two clubs merge after both winning in round 1, again my numbers work as I am counting the number knocked out. They are therefore counted as only one club. If one won and one lost and they merged (and played on as the winning club), they would count twice.
I added the intermediate round in Grand East to the previous round (as +3)

What I have not done is discounted the forfaits. A fair number of clubs entered but did not play - but these are included in the match lists as 3-0 with a note. I think 8 of these in First round Normandie alone - including my first choice game that day (ES Ecouves v Esperance Conde-sur-Sarthe) - so you could argue the real number is significantly less than my total - which are entries to the cup. I'd guess over 100 teams did not play - in some regions, Round 1 is pre-season as the League does not start for another couple of weeks

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

leohoenig
Administrator

May 7, 2018, 6:16 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #52 of 54 (966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43956998

Allez VHF!!

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

May 8, 2018, 10:43 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #53 of 54 (834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSG won 2-0 and should have scored several more, a combination of good goalkeeping and near misses by PSG kept the score down. Les Herbiers had a chance to score towards the end of the game but other than that they didn't really threaten the back of the PSG net. PSG did have a goal disallowed by VAR for handball, it look more of a ball to shoulder rather than handball, one of those decisions that a forward usually gets the benefit, and he would have if VAR hadn't been in operation.

Les Herbiers didn't let themselves down and it will be something the town will remember for a long long time.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

May 11, 2018, 9:05 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #54 of 54 (664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Coupe de France 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

An addition to my previous post, Les Herbiers have been relegated to the fourth tier of French football after a 4-1 defeat away at Béziers, which comes 3 days after their cup final appearance.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3