Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 Next page Last page  View All

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 21, 2019, 12:42 PM

Post #4151 of 4156 (221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So we treat it as any other border whether we leave or stay in the EU. This makes the special back stop irrelevant doesn't it? If it does the problems that it creates are solved, aren't they ?

I think you are the first person I've heard, of whatever political persuasion, leave/remain or whatever, to argue that the hard border should be restored.

You may solve the customs issue (and may not) but you'd certainly open up numerous other cans of worms.

Besides which, the UK is a party to the Good Friday agreement which states there will be no hard border on the island of Ireland. We do not want to renege on that agreement, do we?

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 21, 2019, 2:11 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #4152 of 4156 (189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pardon anyone for disagreeing with you.

Keep on ranting it's the best way to convince someone of your side of the argument. If you shout long and hard enough I will be a Brexiteer before the end of October. We are mere minions we will just have to deal with the crap whatever happens. The EU membership over the last 40 odd years has made this country a terrible place. I look forward to utopia in November.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Aug 21, 2019, 2:14 PM)

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 2:20 PM

Post #4153 of 4156 (180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
So we treat it as any other border whether we leave or stay in the EU. This makes the special back stop irrelevant doesn't it? If it does the problems that it creates are solved, aren't they ?

I think you are the first person I've heard, of whatever political persuasion, leave/remain or whatever, to argue that the hard border should be restored.

You may solve the customs issue (and may not) but you'd certainly open up numerous other cans of worms.

Besides which, the UK is a party to the Good Friday agreement which states there will be no hard border on the island of Ireland. We do not want to renege on that agreement, do we?

Does it?

Not explicitly as far as I can see https://www.wesleyjohnston.com/...riday/full_text.html

Isn't the default outcome of hard brexit, a hard border, no matter what the good Friday agreement says, if there isn't one you can't have regulated border trade or regulated border security.

I'm asking questions as much as anything as I don't think I've been told the truth by anyone yet, on either side of the discussion.

(This post was edited by TroubleAtMill on Aug 21, 2019, 2:22 PM)

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 4:12 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #4154 of 4156 (139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Isn't the default outcome of hard brexit, a hard border, no matter what the good Friday agreement says, if there isn't one you can't have regulated border trade or regulated border security.

I'm asking questions as much as anything as I don't think I've been told the truth by anyone yet, on either side of the discussion.

Yes!
The U.K. leaving the E.U. without some agreement such as staying in the Customs Union is basically reneging on the Good Friday Agreement. The two things are not compatible.
Whether many people (particularly in England) care is another issue.

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 5:32 PM

Post #4155 of 4156 (105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yes!
The U.K. leaving the E.U. without some agreement such as staying in the Customs Union is basically reneging on the Good Friday Agreement. The two things are not compatible.
Whether many people (particularly in England) care is another issue.

Not compatible with the letter of the Good Friday Agreement or the spirit of the Good Friday Agreement?

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 21, 2019, 7:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #4156 of 4156 (59 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Pardon anyone for disagreeing with you.

Keep on ranting it's the best way to convince someone of your side of the argument. If you shout long and hard enough I will be a Brexiteer before the end of October. We are mere minions we will just have to deal with the crap whatever happens. The EU membership over the last 40 odd years has made this country a terrible place. I look forward to utopia in November.

I don't recall having disagreed with you as I don't recall you making a valid point worth debating.

I only know you as the person who put a bad joke on ths thread and then started having an unnecessary pop at me.

I also thought you were going to disappear as you disliked the standard of debate on here, a standard you are negatively contributing to.........btw, please don't feel the need to reply I predict it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to read it.

If you really feel so aggrieved that you do need to reply then PM me so the others don't have to suffer your pain ........cheers

(This post was edited by Yatesman on Aug 21, 2019, 7:34 PM)

First page Previous page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3