Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Jamesy1926
Youth Team Sub

Sep 28, 2017, 2:54 PM

Team(s): Cardiff Met Uni FC, Fiorentina

Post #51 of 72 (1598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would have been at Cardiff City 0-0 Darlington in front of around 8,300.

http://www.casadelcalcio.com

timmy tabby
First Team Regular

Oct 5, 2017, 6:15 AM

Post #52 of 72 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesy1926] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

....Just noticed this and any reason to reminisce and to check faded records....

Mirrless Blackstone 2 0 Wootton Blue Cross - United Counties League Premier Divisio
Prog 16 pages w/a - Admission 3.00

Probably have taken in a Stamford hostelry or two and almost certainly 'A good day out' with thoughts about the start of the Premiership being at best minimal.....

007Dale
First Team Sub

Oct 6, 2017, 8:22 AM

Post #53 of 72 (1252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's taken some thought, but I finally remembered, Filbert Street East stand, 2-1 win over Luton Town.

I believe it was called Division One then, now of course, The Championship.

I still hadn't got over the Wembley defeat to Blackburn at the end of the previous season, and it wasn't about to get any better the following May...

kirby knitters
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 6, 2017, 10:06 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #54 of 72 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Read post 11 on this thread.Sly

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

007Dale
First Team Sub

Oct 6, 2017, 10:56 AM

Post #55 of 72 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Were you in the Kop? Or relaxing in the double decker? From memory it was the last year of the old West Stand.

Karb
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 9, 2017, 1:23 PM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #56 of 72 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No game for me. I flew back in from holiday in Spain that afternoon.

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

kirby knitters

Oct 9, 2017, 2:05 PM

Post #57 of 72 (1029 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Were you in the Kop? Or relaxing in the double decker? From memory it was the last year of the old West Stand.

South Stand (double decker) Block R, Row K, Seat 34 and the ticket was 8.Cool

Kirby Muxloe FC.

007Dale
First Team Sub

Oct 9, 2017, 2:22 PM

Post #58 of 72 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Please tell me you kept the ticket and didn't remember that! :)

kirby knitters

Oct 9, 2017, 2:40 PM

Post #59 of 72 (1015 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Please tell me you kept the ticket and didn't remember that! :)

I thought it may come in useful one day so i kept it and so it has proved.Sly

I'm one of the many who has kept all tickets from games attended where issued.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2017, 9:52 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #60 of 72 (969 views)
Shortcut

Many?

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2017, 10:08 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #61 of 72 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Had the Isthmian League season started? I was living in Chislehurst and following Bromley at the time so I was more than likely where they were that day.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

kirby knitters

Oct 9, 2017, 10:08 PM

Post #62 of 72 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Many?

Presumed so what with people i know and posts on here. Brings back just the same memories for me as programmes without the storage problems that some seem to encounter.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

Chris1963

Oct 9, 2017, 10:14 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #63 of 72 (952 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Many?

Presumed so what with people i know and posts on here. Brings back just the same memories for me as programmes without the storage problems that some seem to encounter.

Same with me, although you need to be careful not to lose the ticket on your way home from the game - this has happened to me a few times (anyone got a spare Poole Town v Newport County terrace ticket from the 1983/84 FA Cup game?)

jrev61

Oct 9, 2017, 11:43 PM

Team(s): None

Post #64 of 72 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Many?

Same with me, although you need to be careful not to lose the ticket on your way home from the game - this has happened to me a few times (anyone got a spare Poole Town v Newport County terrace ticket from the 1983/84 FA Cup game?)

What annoys me is when someone tears the ticket in half as it's easier than tearing off the relevant bit. At North Notts FC I had to obtain a nice ticket to gain admission, this was then ruined by ripping it in half. Would have been my only proper match specific ticket for a Central Midlands League match, and it wasn't a hop game either.

Chris1963

Oct 9, 2017, 11:48 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #65 of 72 (910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I didn't even know there was a club called North Notts FC! One way round the problem is to buy two tickets so that only one gets torn.

jrev61

Oct 10, 2017, 9:36 AM

Team(s): None

Post #66 of 72 (863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I didn't even know there was a club called North Notts FC! One way round the problem is to buy two tickets so that only one gets torn.

North Notts soon changed their name to Sutton Town. One of several clubs to bear that name.
I wasn't prepared to purchase 2 tickets at 3 each just to keep one in pristine condition. A very good programme was issued so I have that at least.

Digdagdog
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2017, 1:29 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #67 of 72 (820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Swindon Town 1 Sunderland 0 (Barclays League Division 1). Scorer - Glenn Hoddle (with what was an absolute cracker). We had our brief year in the sun the following season, followed by 2 Administrations and several spells in Div 4. Attendance 11,094.

2016-17 Games: 109 Goals: 446 GPG: 4.09 New Grounds: 74
2017-18 Games: 50 Goals: 226 GPG: 4.52 New Grounds: 37

007Dale
First Team Sub

Oct 10, 2017, 2:54 PM

Post #68 of 72 (796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Swindon Town 1 Sunderland 0 (Barclays League Division 1). Scorer - Glenn Hoddle (with what was an absolute cracker). We had our brief year in the sun the following season, followed by 2 Administrations and several spells in Div 4. Attendance 11,094.

I never quite forgave them for beating us in the play off final that season.

Still, winning two league cups in the folllowing years helped (oh and that trophy with a gold crown, more recently).

Digdagdog
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2017, 6:00 PM

Post #69 of 72 (757 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Still, winning two league cups in the folllowing years helped (oh and that trophy with a gold crown, more recently).

TBF that was some game though!

kirby knitters

Oct 10, 2017, 10:56 PM

Post #70 of 72 (709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Where Did You Go? Saturday 15th August 1992 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Walked away from Wembley that day with mates and all we could hear were Swindon fans singing and what were all those silly t-shirts about with 'walk on crisps'? Saw Roy Cropper off Corrie outside and he was well gutted.Sly

Kirby Muxloe FC.

007Dale
First Team Sub

Oct 11, 2017, 5:48 AM

Post #71 of 72 (665 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Walked away from Wembley that day with mates and all we could hear were Swindon fans singing and what were all those silly t-shirts about with 'walk on crisps'? Saw Roy Cropper off Corrie outside and he was well gutted.Sly

I was sat level with the goal we equalised in to make it 3-3. From memory, virtually the same place a year later when Walshie got the winner against Derby - that made up for it!

Digdagdog
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 11, 2017, 8:23 AM

Post #72 of 72 (646 views)
Shortcut

To be fair, at 3-0 we thought it was done and dusted - a great comeback by Leicester. Unlike most Swindon fans who would have been heading West, I parked in North London because I was working up North and so had to go up to Yorkshire that night for work on Tuesday.
I had an "uncomfortable" ride on the Jubilee Line as the only STFC fan with a lot of scowling LCFC fans who were mostly unfriendly. Totally different from when we beat Sunderland in the same fixture two years earlier when their fans were coming up and shaking our hands afterwards...always had a soft spot for Leicester (not) since then...

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Oct 11, 2017, 8:24 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3