Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Which 3 would you go for?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 30, 2017, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #26 of 32 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you're veering beyond fiction, then beware of the unholy trinity that'll put any 20 something onto a hardy and irreversible lifetime journey. That's the Non-league Directory, the National Rail Timetable and the Good Beer Guide. One's OK, two calls for parental guidance but all three together should come with a helpline number.

Wink

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 30, 2017, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #27 of 32 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
reading fiction is a waste of time because as I age, my declining memory cells are better saved for factual information.

Such as the complete absence of mosques in Oslo.

Your obsession with mosques in Oslo is becoming ridiculous.
I could not care less whether there are actually any there.
Can't you just drop the subject?

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 30, 2017, 4:39 PM

Post #28 of 32 (807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
we'll agree to disagree about success only being measured in terms of making money.

Don't disagree with you. There are many people I admire for their beliefs and in the face of adversity have stood by them for no monetary gain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I'm still intrigued as to what you feel about my point that whilst my character-forming books reek of hippie-dippie - ism, of the 70s, your suggestions are seemingly mired in Gordon Gecko and the whole "Greed is Good" mantra of the late 80s. (and no, there're nowt wrong with making money and this isn't an attempt at a left/right confrontation).

I don't feel I was influenced by 'greed is good' more by the fact I wanted to make the most of my earning potential.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both ideas have, I feel, run their course, and I'm trying to think what is the way of thinking that lies ahead.

The way things are going you won't be allowed to think!
The 'Thought Police' seem to be everywhere.

!

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 30, 2017, 4:41 PM

Post #29 of 32 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Your obsession with mosques in Oslo is becoming ridiculous.
I could not care less whether there are actually any there.
Can't you just drop the subject?

Oh dear, we are a Mr Grumpy today.........

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Sep 30, 2017, 6:32 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #30 of 32 (793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers CC.

Having just come back from Hull vs Blues, I'm in a bit of a fragile state, and the St. Andrews thought police wouldn't like what I'm thinking

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Sep 30, 2017, 6:35 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #31 of 32 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You're right : I started reading each of the volumes you mention in my late 20s..and look where I am now!

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 30, 2017, 9:58 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #32 of 32 (755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Which 3 would you go for? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If you're veering beyond fiction, then beware of the unholy trinity that'll put any 20 something onto a hardy and irreversible lifetime journey. That's the Non-league Directory, the National Rail Timetable and the Good Beer Guide. One's OK, two calls for parental guidance but all three together should come with a helpline number.

Wink

Are you sure you mean non-fiction?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3