wiki

southend statto
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2017, 6:16 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #1 of 4 (2646 views)
Shortcut
wiki Can't Post or Reply Privately

not being too clever with understanding how sites work, can anyone tell me how to contact the editor of a page on wikipedia, please?

i'm after some info on Brentford FC - so many superb pages covering the Bees but I need to contact someone to see if they can help with my info request.

thank you.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2017, 8:10 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #2 of 4 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] wiki [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The page won't have 1 editor, it is done by anybody who has the information (and source). The idea of a wiki is that they are publicly editable.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Sep 21, 2017, 6:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 4 (2508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] wiki [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
not being too clever with understanding how sites work, can anyone tell me how to contact the editor of a page on wikipedia, please?

i'm after some info on Brentford FC - so many superb pages covering the Bees but I need to contact someone to see if they can help with my info request.

thank you.

If you go to the history tab on a page, you can see the list of people who have edited it. The Brentford article will have had thousands of revisions and editors, so if you want to find out who added a particular piece of information, I'd recommend checking out versions of the page history at selected intervals (if you click on the time and date, it takes you to that version) and that will help you narrow down the periods the info was added: https://en.wikipedia.org/...0&action=history

For obscure players, there are likely to be fewer editors so should be easier to work out who did it.

Once you've worked out who it was, you can click on their username and leave a message on their talk page. If you have an account, you can also email them via Wikipedia if they've enabled it (you'll see an "Email this user" link on the left hand side of their userpage if they have).

If all the above seems a bit too complex, I'm happy to try and work it out for you. However, just in case you get your hopes up, there's a chance they'll no longer be active and won't respond to messages, or (less likely) the info was added by an anonymous user without an account.

(This post was edited by Fanatic on Sep 21, 2017, 6:29 PM)

southend statto
First Team Star

Sep 21, 2017, 8:50 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #4 of 4 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] wiki [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

thank you

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3