Friday 08th September 2017

Dave 56
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 8, 2017, 8:53 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 9 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Friday 08th September 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Halifax League. Premier Division. KO 18:15 @ Northowram Rec.

Northowram 1 v 5 Sowerby Bridge

As the location suggests this was just a recreation ground, only on pitch with a slope from end to end and a little from side to side. No football furniture, nice views towards the mast at Emley. Weather mainly dry but with a chilly wind blowing down the slope. Crowd topped out at about 50, almost all locals with cans and bottles of drink.

Sowerby scored after 90 seconds, at the same time a defender for the home side pulled a muscle and had to be substituted. Northowram kicking downhill failed to make good use of the slope and wind and it was the visitors who added a second before half time.

A goal 3 minutes into the second period and around the midway point in the half Bridge added a fourth. Late on the home side scored from a well taken free kick but almost immediately conceded again. Unpleasant and niggly side Sowerby and their no.8 was lucky to stay on the pitch after the ref failed to spot him stamp on the back of a defender as he went to get up.

IAN S
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2017, 9:42 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #2 of 9 (2036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Greetland 2 Calder 76 1
Halifax & District Premier
h/t 2-0
h/c 7

Also in the same league, this was a decent game without ever reaching any heights. Greetland's second was a penalty bang on HT. Calder looked like they could get a draw throughout the second half but it wasn't to be. Game excellently refereed by the way.

Ground done on here recently, (last Friday by Yorkieexile), this game was played on the bottom pitch, which after parking on Moor Bottom Lane, was the furthest away.

Loads of little darlings training at both football and rugby and loads of parents screaming at them!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 8, 2017, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 9 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 1Q
Northwich Vics 3-4 Stockport Town
Att 115, adm £6, prog £2

Only previous visit here was many years ago when Barnton were Mid-Cheshire League and Vics would've been in the Conference. Credit to Barnton for the progress they've made on and off the pitch since then but, without going into the blame game, it's desperately sad that such a famous old name is now lodging at such a venue with no real hope of ever getting close to what they once were. Tonight's appearance in the opening round of the Vase was a new experience for the former Trophy winners, and this performance against lower level opponents rubbed more salt into it.

Vics (or the Trickies as they now call themselves for some reason) conceded far too much space to the visitors throughout the game and it was no surprise they fell behind midway through the first half. It was a surprise that they crafted a very good equaliser shortly afterwards but, as the rain came, Stockport bagged three quick second half goals to lead 4-1 by the 81st minute. A Vics penalty looked a mere consolation but a third deep into injury time raised the unlikely and underserved possibility of a comeback and extra time but it wasn't to be. Just as well, as the 7.45 kick off was delayed until 8 because the visitors were caught in traffic, then delayed until 8.02 because of general faffing about.

The Vics helpers are a friendly enough bunch....and the fans are still as myopic as ever! The old wooden clubhouse is still going strong (cans only) and you'll get a decent pie and peas from the kitchen next door. They also have a souvenir shop selling the usual clobber as well as a range of programmes.

The club car park is ridiculously small and the club recommends parking in the nearby primary school or library. However, the large Memorial Hall car park next to the club car park wasn't blocked off tonight (they get sniffy about football traffic apparently, though I was told it predates Vics' arrival) so we could all park there instead.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 9, 2017, 12:16 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 9 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leinster Senior League.

Sunday Senior. ( Eire tier 3).
EDIT. Thought I'd add the reason for the non followers of Eire football why I put Sunday, this is because there is a Saturday section in this league full of most of the Sundays sections reserve sides.)

19-45 @ Leixlip Amenities Centre.

Leixlip United 1 v Killester United 4.

Top of table Killester were far too good for Leixlip.
Despite Leixlip going ahead Killester soon equalised and a goal either side of half time took any pressure off , another 20 mins from the end and then missing more chances showed how dominant they were.

4th season in top div for Killester and they have a 100% record this season at the moment and look very useful , meanwhile Leixlip seem to be heading back where they came from Senior 1.

Back overnight to watch the Alex, hopefully getting some kip on ferry and in my own bed before.
Of course I will also be washing my undies.

Eng. 0- 0- 0- 0 -0- ( 0- 0) - ( I=0- N=0-S= 0 )- (IN =0 -IS=1 - NN=1- NS=0 - SC=-0-SC=0 ) - (CC= 1- 0-0 -0- 0-0- 0- 0-0-0-0- 0-0 -0) - ( 0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 -0 -0 -0 -0- 0). TBC.

Benelux.
B. 0-0-0 - ( 0- 0 - 0 -0) - ( 0- 2 - 0 - 1)
L. 0 -0.
N. 0 -0 -1.

Iberia.
P. 0 - 1.
Sp. 1 - 1.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 9, 2017, 12:27 AM)

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2017, 7:49 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #5 of 9 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lowland League
Stirling University v East Stirlingshire, 3-1, Att 145 (h/c), Admission £5, No paper, Full catering open
At Falkirk Stadium

Last season Shire came close to making an immediate return to the SPFL. They scored goals for fun and were only pipped by an excellent East Kilbride side. This season it has all gone wrong. Two of their better players moved on. Two of their most experienced players are now over the hill. Other teams have sussed out how Manager Sludden sets up his teams and it is relatively easy to counter.

For these reasons Shire will be mid-table this season. I suspect there is a strong possibility they will fold at the end of the season. Their business plan was all about a return to the SPFL and that is not going to happen any time soon.

Stirling Uni cut them apart in this game with their pace and movement. They scored three fine goals and could have had more. Chris Geddes has made the step up to Head Coach since the departure of Shelley Kerr to the Women’s National team and seems to know what he’s doing. Shire’s game is based on power and they made little impact against a resolute Stirling defence. Their cause was not helped by the ordering off of Jordan Tapping. He’s a clever lad but demonstrated real stupidity with a desperately clumsy body check on a Uni player when he had already been booked. It was almost worthy of a red card in itself let alone the second yellow which inevitably ensued.

Shire’s enthusiastic support of last season has disappeared as well. They still have their die-hards but given their age profile they could also be termed die-soons.

The Falkirk Stadium is a comfortable venue and all credit to the Bairns for running the full catering operation. Stirling Uni scrapped their programmes a couple of years ago and nothing is available, not even team sheets. No tannoy announcements either, so if you are one of those who needs to know the line ups I wouldn’t bother visiting. I could identify most of the Shire players but only around five of the Uni team.

Cowden Andy
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 9, 2017, 11:19 AM

Team(s): Cowdenbeath FC

Post #6 of 9 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Lowland League
Stirling University v East Stirlingshire, 3-1, Att 145 (h/c), Admission £5, No paper, Full catering open
At Falkirk Stadium

Last season Shire came close to making an immediate return to the SPFL. They scored goals for fun and were only pipped by an excellent East Kilbride side. This season it has all gone wrong. Two of their better players moved on. Two of their most experienced players are now over the hill. Other teams have sussed out how Manager Sludden sets up his teams and it is relatively easy to counter.

For these reasons Shire will be mid-table this season. I suspect there is a strong possibility they will fold at the end of the season. Their business plan was all about a return to the SPFL and that is not going to happen any time soon.

Stirling Uni cut them apart in this game with their pace and movement. They scored three fine goals and could have had more. Chris Geddes has made the step up to Head Coach since the departure of Shelley Kerr to the Women’s National team and seems to know what he’s doing. Shire’s game is based on power and they made little impact against a resolute Stirling defence. Their cause was not helped by the ordering off of Jordan Tapping. He’s a clever lad but demonstrated real stupidity with a desperately clumsy body check on a Uni player when he had already been booked. It was almost worthy of a red card in itself let alone the second yellow which inevitably ensued.

Shire’s enthusiastic support of last season has disappeared as well. They still have their die-hards but given their age profile they could also be termed die-soons.

The Falkirk Stadium is a comfortable venue and all credit to the Bairns for running the full catering operation. Stirling Uni scrapped their programmes a couple of years ago and nothing is available, not even team sheets. No tannoy announcements either, so if you are one of those who needs to know the line ups I wouldn’t bother visiting. I could identify most of the Shire players but only around five of the Uni team.

Also at this and pretty well summed up.

It is poor for the supposed "Division 5" that you don't get any announcements of the teams and what is happening in general dosn't exactly make the league look professional.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 10, 2017, 9:56 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #7 of 9 (1115 views)
Shortcut

I was also watching football in God's country

Halifax League Premier Division
AFC Illingworth St Mary's 3 Ryburn United 1
F&N
Att 20 (my h/c)

The fun took place on the 3G pitch at Trinity Academy in Halifax, an exposed venue at the best of times, but with good views over the delights of Halifax.

For the first 45 minutes, the views of Halifax were infinitely better than the dross that these two teams served up, and I was resigned to a 0-0.

However, the home side manged to score 3 goals in a 10 minute spell around the hour mark, and Ryburn's goal came in the 86th minute.

No problem here with the light as it is a floodlit ground, and lights came on around the 70 minute mark

andy smith
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 10, 2017, 1:46 PM

Team(s): The Pars

Post #8 of 9 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Lowland League
At Falkirk Stadium

Also at this game, the best goal being Uni's second goal a superb strike from the edge of the area...

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Regular

Sep 14, 2017, 12:46 AM

Post #9 of 9 (572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Friday 08th September 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
L French National Division (Third tier)

Lyon Duchère 1-1 GS Consolat (Marseilles)

at Balmont stadium

Entry €5
Programme none
Beer €2 small glass, Pommes Frites €1.50
Attendance seemed around 400 inc 5 from Marseilles and 5 British speedway fans.

With the Olympic Lyonaisse game put back 24 hours this became our sole soccer match during a 4 day visit to France. In spite of several locals questioning our sanity we caught the C14 bus to our destination where we found a distinct lack of crowd although the floodlights showed there was actually something going on.

A very cheap match specific ticket was obtained at the payment window before a really OTT bag and body search took place. Although they attempted to take my camera bag from me I resisted arguing that they should take away all mobile phones too if there was concern about me taking photos during the game. Having seen them throwing confiscated bags randomly at the end of the match around a grand of camera equipment could easily have been lost beyond repair had I not protested. One of my friends was not so fortunate, although sensibly also removing his camera before handing over the bag.

The stadium has certainly seen better days but the view over the athletics track was more than acceptable and the challenge to find 5 seats together not bombed by pigeons also gave pre-match entertainment.

The game was not that bad although not reaching any heights until the final quarter. The sending off of a Consolat defender, as last man, gave the initiative to Duchene. It was therefore somewhat ironic that the visitors produced a flowing move to take a possibly deserved lead which they held until the last second of extra time.

With a foul on a Consolat defender going unpunished the ball went to one of the 10 home players in the penalty area with the resultant blast giving a deserved 1-1 draw in the last second albeit the visitors had every right to question the decision.

Two funicular rides, a boat trip and walk around the Roman amphitheatre filled our time between sittings in several bars with the various Ninkasi brew pubs providing many of our drinks of choice. Although a great place our post match visit to the Beer Palace saw our first £13 pint of the trip not followed by seconds

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3