u17 Internationals
Wales v Scotland, Weds 20/9 at 5pm; Fri 22/9 at 12noon
Allow for doubles

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Sep 13, 2017, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Welsh Doubles Wed 20th and Fri 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm now contemplating the Wednesday at Llanelli then Cefn Druids v Bala on the way home on Thursday

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 14, 2017, 1:51 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #3 of 8 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Welsh Doubles Wed 20th and Fri 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Wednesday match would certainly be double-able with Swansea University v Trethomas Bluebirds in Welsh League Div 3 at 7.30pm.

The Friday match would go nicely with Goytre United v Cwmamman United at 7.30pm in Division 1.

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Sep 14, 2017, 2:03 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Welsh Doubles Wed 20th and Fri 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's very kind thank you
The Wednesday at Swansea looks perfect, I'll look up the venue details etc

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 14, 2017, 2:15 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #5 of 8 (989 views)
Shortcut

Swansea University's ground is on Sketty Lane just off the sea-front, about a mile from the City Centre past St Helens Rugby and Cricket ground and Singleton Hospital. The car park behind the main stand is shared with the Welsh National Swimming Pool, and IIRC is pay-and-display.
There is a good cafe inside the Swimming complex.

(This post was edited by gcnc on Sep 14, 2017, 2:15 PM)

Jamesy1926
Youth Team Sub

Sep 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

Team(s): Cardiff Met Uni FC, Fiorentina

Post #6 of 8 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Welsh Doubles Wed 20th and Fri 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will definitely be doing the Swansea University game but very tempted by the earlier one at Llanelli.

http://www.casadelcalcio.com

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 15, 2017, 7:09 PM

Post #7 of 8 (787 views)
Shortcut

Barry Town United are also home on Thursday the 21st against Carmarthen Town for those who fancy a few days in South/West Wales. Kick off 7.45

Tim Johnson

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Sep 22, 2017, 2:29 AM

Post #8 of 8 (483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Welsh Doubles Wed 20th and Fri 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I ended up with 4 games
Weds - Llanelli at 5pm then the Swansea Univ game at 730 (headcount of 66 with perhaps a dozen hoppers)
Thurs - Newtown at 2pm then Cefn Druids 745pm

Real bonus getting Newtown. I was checking Cefn Druids twitter feed in the morning and it mentioned 2 of their u19 players being selected for North Wales v South Wales u18s at Newtown at 2pm. Given that I had to drive through Newtown en route to Cefn, it was a no brainer.
Met a few familiar faces at Cefn too, and was pleased to have a good chat with the WPL League Secretary who was also at the game

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3