Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Programme Fairs

JohnD
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 30, 2017, 2:09 PM

Team(s): Frickley

Post #1 of 7 (3689 views)
Shortcut
Programme Fairs Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone have an idea of how much it is to have a stall at one of these?

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 30, 2017, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #2 of 7 (3600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnD] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It depends where you are. I do the West London, North London and AFC Wimbledon Fairs and you can pay from 10 - 20 per table.

If you have Table at the New Year or International ones in London you will pay a lot more.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 31, 2017, 7:50 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or

That's interesting the last one I saw advertised around here was asking 70 a table, don't think it lasted after the first year. Not seen any advertised for five years now. When I used to do them 20 / 30 years ago it was at least ten or twenty quid then. To be honest they very never a great success in these parts even back in the 70's and 80's.

JohnD
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 31, 2017, 9:14 AM

Team(s): Frickley

Post #4 of 7 (3535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks both.

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 31, 2017, 6:46 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #5 of 7 (3450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnD] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

List of some Fairs coming up.

Upcoming Football Fairs
3rd Sep - The Derby Memorabili...
3rd Sep - Accrington Stanley F...
3rd Sep - Riviera Fair
1st Oct - West London Programm...
8th Oct - North Staffs (stoke)...
15th Oct - Bradford Park Avenue...
29th Oct - Leeds Fair.
3rd Dec - West London Programm...
17th Dec - Leeds Fair.
22nd Apr - Leeds Fair.
26th May - The Annual Yorkshire...

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/index.php

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

Aug 31, 2017, 7:51 PM

Team(s): Southampton FC

Post #6 of 7 (3434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for this, very helpful indeed!
I've tweeted the info from my @nonlgeprogs twitter account and linked to the excellent football programme centre website,
Hope to make a few of these!
Chris

Give @nonlgeprogs #nlprogs a follow on twitter for programme pics, competitions and good conversation! For stadium reviews from across Europe visit www.stadiumjourney.com

auchinleckian
Youth Team Star

Sep 9, 2017, 7:48 AM

Team(s): Auchinleck Talbot; Grimsby Town; Wales (rugby and football)

Post #7 of 7 (3210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southampton07] Programme Fairs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've run Scotland's only fair for four years at Auchinleck Talbot - about 10 miles south of Kilmarnock.

Scotland always used to have the most vibrant fair scene, and when I moved up from down south 26 years ago I got myself onto the fairs list and always made decent money - sometimes four fgures at a fair. There's a definite correlation between the advent of ebay and fairs and as one has advanced the other has sadly receded. Folk put their heads in the sand and thought they'd make a packet from ebay without having to do the kind of work usually associated with making good money - doing fairs etc and meeting potential new customers - and fairs died in Scotland.

When we started to sell donated items to raise money to help with the regeneration of our Beechwood Park ground I decided to see whether or not a fair would be a success at our ground. It was, and we have our fourth fair on November 12th. We peg the stall rental prices at 15 so it's not a big outlay and all the folk selling items come from within a 60 mile radius. Some share petrol costs, and every stallholder comes back year after year because they know they're not going to lose money.

Three years ago I was contacted by a collector at Accrington Stanley to see if I could assist with starting up a fair there, and we did exactly the same as we did at Auchinleck. I was back at Accrington last weekend for it's fair. If organisers aren't greedy, and try not to make too much money out of a fair they are sustainable. If potential organisers contact someone like their local non league club and ask them if they could have a fair there, and ask for the room for nothing, but advise of potential bar sales during the fair and also possibly get the club to have a free stalll themsleves to raise some club funds they really aren't difficult to set up anywhere in the UK.

If anyone has considered the possibility of starting up a fair - and it really isn't difficult - get in touch with me and I'll assist in any which way I [email protected]

(This post was edited by auchinleckian on Sep 9, 2017, 7:49 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3