'Nice to see you, to see you nice'

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 18, 2017, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #1 of 19 (3090 views)
Shortcut
'Nice to see you, to see you nice' Can't Post or Reply Privately

RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth, sadly passed away today aged 89. 75 of those years on the stage.
https://www.google.co.uk/...-dies-at-89-10994250

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 18, 2017, 7:31 PM

Post #2 of 19 (3043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didnt he do well?

RIP Brucie

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Richard Rundle

Aug 18, 2017, 8:36 PM

Post #3 of 19 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had assumed he'd died maybe a decade ago.

garethwrexy

Aug 18, 2017, 9:48 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #4 of 19 (2987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I loved play you Iraqi cards right Smile. Rest in piece bruce

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2017, 10:30 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #5 of 19 (2968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Didnt he do well?

RIP Brucie

+1

garethwrexy

Aug 19, 2017, 1:55 PM

Post #6 of 19 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's not very nice Mad

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 19, 2017, 6:24 PM

Post #7 of 19 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That's not very nice Mad

Why?

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

Richard Rundle

Aug 19, 2017, 7:31 PM

Post #8 of 19 (2747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That's not very nice Mad

It wasn't meant to be a dig or anything. I knew he was quite old and had not heard or seen anything about him for years and years, so I guess I assume he'd passed away a long time ago.

But then, seeing it's you I've made mad...

garethwrexy

Aug 19, 2017, 8:50 PM

Post #9 of 19 (2704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well really don't care if this gets deleted but fed up your views, from football to politics, to pubs, really don't care what you think, to be honest, you just sad if I'm Being to brutally honest

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 19, 2017, 9:08 PM

Post #10 of 19 (2695 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well really don't care if this gets deleted but fed up your views, from football to politics, to pubs, really don't care what you think, to be honest, you just sad if I'm Being to brutally honest

Gareth, you been on the fizzy stuff?

RR is probably one of the most polite and erudite on this forum.
I don't think your bit of gibberish will cause him to lose any sleep though.

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

(This post was edited by Climate Change on Aug 19, 2017, 9:26 PM)

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 19, 2017, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #11 of 19 (2662 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

But it's OK for you to say "play you Iraqi cards right"?

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 19, 2017, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #12 of 19 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

That was funny to be fair, and I was never the greatest fan of Forsyth's hackneyed style.

Chris1963

Aug 20, 2017, 12:57 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #13 of 19 (2608 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I knew he was quite old and had not heard or seen anything about him for years and years, so I guess I assume he'd passed away a long time ago.

From googling, it appears he was last on Strictly Come Dancing as recently as Dec 2015. I know the programme is crap, and I'm no fan of Forsyth but he was never one to retire early and only did so when he lost his good health.

(Edit; next time the film 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' is on telly, watch out for his small part as a friendly knife-wielding thug.)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Aug 20, 2017, 12:59 AM)

dottirofhod

Aug 20, 2017, 2:30 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #14 of 19 (2593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

That was funny to be fair, and I was never the greatest fan of Forsyth's hackneyed style.
===========================================================

Whatever's wrong in mentioning Play your Iraqi cards right ?

Starting at 10-38 , http://hignfy.wikia.com/...ur_Iraqi_Cards_Right

Like him or not he could certainly play the audience.

RIP Bruce.
===========================================================

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

dottirofhod

Aug 20, 2017, 2:39 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #15 of 19 (2589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

(Edit; next time the film 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' is on telly, watch out for his small part as a friendly knife-wielding thug.)

=======================================================

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

acmold

Aug 20, 2017, 7:46 AM

Post #16 of 19 (2539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or

To be honest not a fan, all to cheesy for me. But R.I.P.

I did knew he did Strictly Come Dancing, which is not very good but usually up against even worst talentless tripe on ITV.

jon b
First Team Star

Aug 20, 2017, 10:32 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #17 of 19 (2489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think in some respects he resembled Bob Monkhouse in that he made hosting a TV show seem something anybody could do. It was only when you saw someone else try it that you realised that it wasn't easy at all. An example was Charlie Williams taking over from the ever unruffled Monkhouse as presenter of "The Golden Shot" and being in a perpetual state of panic. Which was entertaining in a car crash sense.

Brucie could appear quite cruel in his treatment of contestants on "The Generation Game" much of the "fun" being in laughing at their inept attempts to emulate the pro dancers/potters/actors in the various games. Often Brucie seemed to be helping them to fall over etc and mess up.

I think he was quoted as having expected Strictly to basically comprise a season or two of celebrities making fools of themselves. Shades of the Generation Game. It turned out that the Dance Pros and the celebrities worked extremely hard to ensure that wasn't the case.

I didn't particularly like him, but he had talent and charisma and was entertaining.

jrev61

Aug 20, 2017, 10:38 AM

Team(s): None

Post #18 of 19 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He got a mention in the Saint Etienne song 'You're in a bad way'. Which bore more than a passing resemblance to the Grandstand theme music.

'Get your kicks watching Bruce on the old Generation Game'.

jrev61

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Aug 20, 2017, 2:01 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #19 of 19 (2427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes. Exactly this.

As an obit somewhere else pointed out, Brucie worked extremely hard behind the scenes to make everything on the screen look so extremely easy.

Irrespective of whether you liked what he did or not, that's the sign of a consummate professional.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3