Ross County Cease Programmes

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2017, 9:13 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #1 of 5 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Ross County Cease Programmes Can't Post or Reply Privately

There will be no programmes at Premiership club Ross County this season. In recent years they have issued for League games only. Apparently they have now decided to cease publication entirely.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 16, 2017, 9:28 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 5 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Ross County Cease Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rather surprising for a club who have done well to hold their own in the top flight, but I suspect the decision was probably taken by one person who is anti-programmes. They'll probably go back to issuing in a few years time if they are still in the top flight and if different people are running the club then. One interesting point to be made though - when Rangers visit Dingwall this season, will it be the first time since before WW2 that they have been involved in a programme-less game in the UK? (I think Inverness CT did a monthly magazine rather than a programme for a season or two quite recently, but that might have been when Rangers were in the lower divisions.)

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 16, 2017, 10:11 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Ross County Cease Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
but I suspect the decision was probably taken by one person who is anti-programmes.

I still watch Dads Army and the catch phrases live long in the memory, what's the one Captain Mainwaring says to Corporal Jones.

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2017, 10:37 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #4 of 5 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Ross County Cease Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Do you really think one person would make a decision like that without consulting the Board?

Last season County, along with many clubs, went with Curtis Sport who produce fantastic programmes. Sales at County were very poor- fewer than one for every ten paying spectators.

There have been many dozens of programme-less games involving Rangers since WW2. As recently as the 1980s Rangers themselves did not issue for some midweek games. Very few Scottish clubs ever issued midweek until the 1970s.

APL
First Team Star

Aug 16, 2017, 11:34 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Ross County Cease Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I suspect the decision was probably taken by one person who is anti-programmes.

Quite. Apparently the rest of the club officials thought they should carry on issuing programmes as occasionally they might be visited(never to be seen again) by some saddo from England *(insert other if applicable) who without a piece of paper would never otherwise bother to come. Can the club really afford to lose that one off admission price ?
Their decision really does beggar belief !

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

Belgium 0-0-3-15-8-31-178-334-286

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

(This post was edited by APL on Aug 16, 2017, 11:35 AM)

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3