Infinity Programme

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 12, 2017, 10:49 AM

Team(s): Fareham Town - THE CREEKSIDERS

Post #1 of 24 (3976 views)
Shortcut
Infinity Programme Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was rumoured to be happening in the summer, but there's a tweet from the club this morning with today's match programme v Overton Utd.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor
www.facebook.com/nonleaguebins

A football club is for life, not just for trophies

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 12, 2017, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 24 (3913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or

Trying it for a few games just a A4 sheet folded twice, home produced as quotes from printers were to high to recoup the expenditure, sec words not mine. Next home game 2nd September then another on the 30th, though Southampton Senior Cup does fall in between. Went today and club are expecting a few visitors at the next few games.

APL
First Team Star

Aug 12, 2017, 8:19 PM

Post #3 of 24 (3903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You must have been gutted, being so anti-programme, to turn up at a game and find the club were issuing a piece of paper Tongue.....or are you really a paper cuddler after all and that was why you chose the match Wink

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

Belgium 0-0-3-15-8-31-178-334-286

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

acmold

Aug 12, 2017, 9:40 PM

Post #4 of 24 (3873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or

I knew they were issuing but I've been trying to do the ground for a while, the chairman admitted they have a problem with the pitch in wet weather and tend to switch games to the 3G pitch in Eastleigh. If someone does a programme I buy one to support the club, I use the tea bar (tea / coffee 60p in proper mug) and try and spend money at the club. Infinity are very nice people and for the level have a reasonable ground. I also had a go on the football card, if I had won I would have donated the prize back the club which I have done in the past if I have won anything. I'm sure your enjoy your visit in the near future.

APL
First Team Star

Aug 12, 2017, 9:57 PM

Post #5 of 24 (3867 views)
Shortcut

There is even a chance that Marno will give me a lift there, as he won't need his two pirate producers for this one as the club do their own official issue.

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

Aug 17, 2017, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Southampton FC

Post #6 of 24 (3407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hiya,
I went to this match to pick up the programme in my guise as @nonlgeprogs

Had visited for the first time last season and was chuffed to hear they were issuing in 17/18. Seems a good, forward thinking club and a programme, however basic is appreciated. Would love to see more in the Hants league issue,

Chris

My twitter account is @tuckster07 and for non league matchday programmes use @nonlgeprogs #nlprogs

acmold

Aug 31, 2017, 12:38 PM

Post #7 of 24 (2716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southampton07] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or

Issuing this Saturday against Stockbridge according to a club Tweet. In fact they had already been done.

APL
First Team Star

Sep 1, 2017, 10:24 PM

Post #8 of 24 (2503 views)
Shortcut

I see on their twitter that a hopper has requested for 3 programmes to be reserved for him and the club have done this.
It's a pity some other hoppers will not contact clubs and do the same, especially when the dummy is out if they don't get one. They would rather leave at a ridiculous time than share the travel costs.......but are quite happy to be chauffeured all over the place when it suits.

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

acmold

Sep 2, 2017, 7:00 AM

Post #9 of 24 (2439 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I see on their twitter that a hopper has requested for 3 programmes to be reserved for him and the club have done this.
It's a pity some other hoppers will not contact clubs and do the same, especially when the dummy is out if they don't get one. They would rather leave at a ridiculous time than share the travel costs.......but are quite happy to be chauffeured all over the place when it suits.

Could you not have reserved programmes for your friends in the same way which would have saved you time and money?.

APL
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2017, 9:45 AM

Post #10 of 24 (2414 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Could you not have reserved programmes for your friends in the same way which would have saved you time and money?.

We are talking about grown ups here. Surely when someone is over 50 years old they don't need others to contact a club for them to reserve a piece of paper. I don't even have 'must have a piece of paper to cuddle' on my list when deciding which match to go to, so why on earth would I ring a club to reserve one ?

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

Chris1963

Sep 2, 2017, 11:00 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #11 of 24 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

See my WDYG report on today's game at Infinity. There were fewer hoppers there than I had expected (about ten in all) and there were probably enough programmes for everyone who wanted one.

APL
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2017, 11:16 PM

Post #12 of 24 (2291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
See my WDYG report on today's game at Infinity. There were fewer hoppers there than I had expected (about ten in all) and there were probably enough programmes for everyone who wanted one.

When I arrived at the ground at 1350, which was not early enough for some, I was greeted by a motley crew of seven hoppers and was told two others had got their programmes and gone into the village.
Not sure where the top men acmold had mentioned would be present got to.....perhaps they had better offers.
I bought my programme at halftime, which would have meant, by my reckoning, they sold 10, as they were not on display and no effort was made to sell them.
Having wasted 1 on it, it is no wonder they don't try to sell them, as no local would ever get caught twice, assuming they bought one at the first game. It is easy to see why so many people don't buy programmes anymore. This one was rubbish, but you still get the same people banging on that "its better than nothing".
No, it's not !

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

Chris1963

Sep 2, 2017, 11:33 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #13 of 24 (2272 views)
Shortcut

Just out of curiosity, APL, given that you arrived over an hour before the kick-off, why did you wait until half-time to buy a copy?

For any future visitors - the programmes were sold from the same place as the refreshments so that is where you need to ask.

acmold

Sep 3, 2017, 7:54 AM

Post #14 of 24 (2209 views)
Shortcut

I actually treated the 1 for the programme and the 1 on the football card as a donation to club funds, l hope everyone had a go on the card as it was in lieu of admission and used the tea bar. I really think the distances we travel and the costs we incur visiting these places we should all be looking help boost club funds by buying whatever they have available, at the end of the day it will still probably be less than one pint of well kept beer from a nearby public house.

ivanhoe_lion
Ballboy/girl

Sep 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

Post #15 of 24 (2176 views)
Shortcut

"This one was rubbish, but you still get the same people banging on that "its better than nothing".
No, it's not !

"

Seriously, it's 1 to the club. Not worth worrying about wasting funds! Presumably the "paper chasers" were happy and those that didn't want a programme didn't buy one.
I'm always surprised that anyone thinks clubs should no longer issue to those that want a prog, even when the club is happy to do so.

APL
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2017, 10:15 AM

Post #16 of 24 (2152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanhoe_lion] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I said earlier, apart from the hoppers present, no one else appeared to buy a programme and the club certainly didn't bother trying to sell any. Yes, the "paper cuddlers" present were happy, but I can't see the point in clubs issuing a programme where it is only hoppers that buy them. I can't imagine any match this season where they will get 10 hoppers again(record number of sales), so what is the point of them issuing if the product is so poor that the locals won't /didn't buy it. As stated by so many on here, programmes are a thing of the past, but some people just don't want to accept this.
I am not anti-programme and do buy one at all matches I attend where the club have done one, apart from on ground hops organised by Groundhop UK, but the majority are now so poor it is getting towards the time of no longer carrying on doing this.

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

ivanhoe_lion
Ballboy/girl

Sep 3, 2017, 11:01 AM

Post #17 of 24 (2127 views)
Shortcut

The club obviously sees a point in issuing progs, otherwise they wouldn't print them. We don't know how many locals want them, or how many hoppers will turn up during the season.
If programmes were a thing of the past, why do people still buy them and many limited runs sell out?
This sub-forum is called 'Programme Editing & Collecting after all! Wink

acmold

Sep 3, 2017, 2:04 PM

Post #18 of 24 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanhoe_lion] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or

It is test run for a few games to see how they go. They were going to produce a more traditional programme but the quote they got from a local printer to print the programmes was 70 a game for just a small print run.

Having spoken to a printer (who produces programmes) he confirmed many printers now have a 70 / 80 minimum job price / quotation.

ivanhoe_lion
Ballboy/girl

Sep 3, 2017, 3:16 PM

Post #19 of 24 (2038 views)
Shortcut

That's pretty expensive. Fair play to them for putting together a more basic example to keep costs down (for club and punters).
Hopefully the trial will receive enough support to enable their efforts to continue.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2017, 6:22 PM

Post #20 of 24 (1984 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I really think the distances we travel and the costs we incur visiting these places we should all be looking help boost club funds by buying whatever they have available,

So, I should buy a club badge, scarf, baseball cap and replica shirt - none of which I want or have use for - because they are available ? And, yes, I have seen all of these on sale at clubs which do not charge admission.

A club where someone comes asking round for donations during the match will get money from me. A club which has a pile of paper hidden away and which they make no effort to sell will not.

(This post was edited by mick on Sep 3, 2017, 6:22 PM)

acmold

Sep 3, 2017, 7:13 PM

Post #21 of 24 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Infinity Programme [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To
I really think the distances we travel and the costs we incur visiting these places we should all be looking help boost club funds by buying whatever they have available,

So, I should buy a club badge, scarf, baseball cap and replica shirt - none of which I want or have use for - because they are available ? And, yes, I have seen all of these on sale at clubs which do not charge admission.

A club where someone comes asking round for donations during the match will get money from me. A club which has a pile of paper hidden away and which they make no effort to sell will not.

I meant using the tea bar / bar if available, not souvenirs which I admit I am not a fan of. When I went to Infinity three weeks ago the programme was well advertised around the clubroom, copies pinned up next to the tea bar. And everyone who ventured in was asked if they would like to purchase one and have a go on the football card. Another Traveller has told me this was the case yesterday. Also anyone checking the game would probably have known there was a programme as Tweets were advertising the fact and officials were also telling people there was one.

Last week the game I went to a club official was asking for a donation and / or to have a go on a football card as you approached the pitch, this has been backed up by a fellow traveller in his blog. But the person who reported the game on this site said no admission or donation was asked for and only commented on a lack of programme.

I would like to see all clubs who don't take a gate going round and make a collection, sadly some clubs just don't have enough officials to do this. Though in the past when this has happened I always found it strange maybe even funny that certain members of our hobby would be seen keeping a few steps head of the person collecting or making a made dash for cover so they did not have to put their hand in their pocket.

On Monday I went to an Hellenic game and quite a number of the crowd seemed to go out of the way not to pay. Many avoided the official entrance and sneaked in through a hole in the hedge or climbing over a closed gate at the far end of the ground. The youngster on the gate when he had finished those duties went around the ground and challenge all those who had not paid, the person nearest to me claimed he had come out without any money. A couple of others said they did not know they had to pay.

Perhaps I am in the minority but I would like to see football at lower levels survive and I go out of my way to spend money or make a donation. Surely any football match is worth at least 2 or 3 of anyone's money.

APL
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2017, 7:45 PM

Post #22 of 24 (1929 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

When I went to Infinity three weeks ago the programme was well advertised around the clubroom, copies pinned up next to the tea bar. And everyone who ventured in was asked if they would like to purchase one and have a go on the football card. Another Traveller has told me this was the case yesterday.

There were only 10 hoppers at the game yesterday and I am pretty sure Chris1963 didn't tell you this. It wasn't me either, so that narrows it down to eight........if I was a betting man I would put my money on two of those as favourites for feeding you this false information.
As someone who was actually there yesterday and spent a fair time in and around the tea bar, I can assure you there were definitely no programmes pinned up on the wall and at no time was I asked to purchase one. If Len hadn't asked at halftime if they had any left, then I wouldn't have been aware they actually existed !

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-4-9

acmold

Sep 3, 2017, 9:26 PM

Post #23 of 24 (1884 views)
Shortcut

We know you knew there was a programme, was it to much to ask for one?. I also hope you had a go on the football card, I understand other travellers did unless I've been told duff info and again it's really a donation in lieu of admission. It's not a world beating programme and to be honest in my view there is no real need for one, but they made the effort. Is 1 or 2 for a game of football really to much to pay and it's not that their tea bar is overpriced.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 4, 2017, 12:17 AM

Post #24 of 24 (1815 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I meant using the tea bar / bar if available, not souvenirs which I admit I am not a fan of.

I have no intention of buying a tea anywhere as I do not drink the stuff. For the same reason I would not buy a can of Carling/Stella/John Smiths etc and although I do drink coffee I have long since realised that at the vast majority of non league grounds what is sold as 'coffee' has never been within miles of a coffee bean and is undrinkable. Whether I have travelled 2 miles or 200 miles I am not going to buy a drink (or food) I do not want.

Going back to programmes, if someone comes round selling them in lieu of admission I will buy one, but equally if they came round seeking donations I would pay the same amount (or more).

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3