Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next page Last page  View All

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 10, 2017, 7:24 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #851 of 858 (1936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
All leagues received an invitation to tender to run the new step 6 leagues yesterday. Submissions are required by the 18th August.

The FA are likely going to make a decision on who runs the new step 6 leagues sometime in September. But can't be any more specific than that. I've been told that the new leagues are definitely going to happen & will start next season.

windydcfc

Aug 10, 2017, 7:54 PM

Post #852 of 858 (1914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Yes it could work out that way but if thats what the FA are going to do thats up to them.
I don't see that the ECL needed to mess about thinking about that this season.
The FA new this was going to happen. So a 1/3rd of the ECL Prem might be relegated. Why didn't they allow Saffron Walden to move to the ESL? Why didn't they run Div1 with 24 clubs, knowing full well that they were creating regionalized divisions. If my memory serves me correctly, didn't the FA reprieve some clubs from relegation in the ECL?

Yes it is strange.
But all i am saying is that it was not up to the ECL to look ahead.

Only 1 club was relegated from the ECL Prem & it was the FA's decision. The ECL agrees that it will cause problems at the end of the season.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Aug 10, 2017, 8:11 PM)

Tivvyultras
Ballboy/girl

Aug 10, 2017, 9:58 PM

Team(s): Tiverton Town & Clapton FC

Post #853 of 858 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

this restructuring cant come soon enough we have the furthest to travel this season 3770 miles in what is ment to be regional leauges the furthest we go is to Kings Lynn a 538 mile round trip the shortest is to Dorchester a 134 mile round trip. would the FA move Kings Lynn into the NPL to reduce the miles travelled or create a more westerly leagues at SLP level?

Never again fascism
Never again war
Never again Western League

windydcfc

Aug 11, 2017, 7:19 AM

Post #854 of 858 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tivvyultras] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
this restructuring cant come soon enough we have the furthest to travel this season 3770 miles in what is ment to be regional leauges the furthest we go is to Kings Lynn a 538 mile round trip the shortest is to Dorchester a 134 mile round trip. would the FA move Kings Lynn into the NPL to reduce the miles travelled or create a more westerly leagues at SLP level?

Kings Lynn Town will almost certainly be moved to the Midlands league. I'd imagine that the SLP won't venture north of the Hellenic league area after this season.

windydcfc

Aug 12, 2017, 2:01 PM

Post #855 of 858 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Gary Langley interviews Paul Lawler(NWCL chairman)on the Counties podcast & they discuss the league restructuring(I think it's after 40mins on the podcast). He said that there'll probably be no relegations from there step 6 league. I've also been told that the FA will consider all teams for promotion, that achieve a top 5 position at step 7 & achieve a G Grade. They must be in the area that is having new step 6 leagues created. https://t.co/aj4OZVXdI3?amp=1

pokal02
First Team Star

Aug 16, 2017, 3:34 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #856 of 858 (670 views)
Shortcut

Have just picked up on the line, 'clubs have until the start of the season to present mitigating circumstance why they should not be promoted'.

Presumably that means any affected clubs will now have done so.

Are we likely to learn who has applied for 'non-promotion' and if/when they are accepted/refused. Have clubs previously taking voluntary relegation fron Step 4 or refusing promotion from Step 5 (Rainworth, Daventry, London Colney?) applied or just assumed they won't finish in a promorion position.

London Harrier
First Team Star

Aug 17, 2017, 12:22 PM

Post #857 of 858 (478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Have just picked up on the line, 'clubs have until the start of the season to present mitigating circumstance why they should not be promoted'.

Are we likely to learn who has applied for 'non-promotion' and if/when they are accepted/refused. Have clubs previously taking voluntary relegation fron Step 4 or refusing promotion from Step 5 (Rainworth, Daventry, London Colney?) applied or just assumed they won't finish in a promorion position.

Do the FA have an idea of what does and doesn’t constitute a mitigating circumstance?

If we use Step 5 as an example, there are a number of reasons why clubs might not want to take promotion:

1. Loss of local derbies
2. Increased travel time
3. Increased travel costs
4. Loss of players who can’t (or won’t) commit to extra travel time.
5. Ground not up to Grade D (Step 4)

The first four might harshly be considered ‘tough luck’. The fifth however fails regulatory compliance.

It seems rather self-defeating to have a stringent ground grading system in place and then force promotion on a club that doesn’t meet the criteria. I know there’s a grace period but what use is that if the club doesn’t have the funds to make improvements?

Follow '100 British Football Grounds To Visit Before You Die' book progress on Facebook.

@nonleagueraffle – tweet photos of unusual or amusing non-league raffle prizes.

windydcfc

Aug 17, 2017, 12:59 PM

Post #858 of 858 (447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] FA's Proposed Structure of the NLS 2017/18 and 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Do the FA have an idea of what does and doesn’t constitute a mitigating circumstance?

If we use Step 5 as an example, there are a number of reasons why clubs might not want to take promotion:

1. Loss of local derbies
2. Increased travel time
3. Increased travel costs
4. Loss of players who can’t (or won’t) commit to extra travel time.
5. Ground not up to Grade D (Step 4)

The first four might harshly be considered ‘tough luck’. The fifth however fails regulatory compliance.

It seems rather self-defeating to have a stringent ground grading system in place and then force promotion on a club that doesn’t meet the criteria. I know there’s a grace period but what use is that if the club doesn’t have the funds to make improvements?

If you read the Steve Riley(ex-Bishop Auckland manager's) missive to the fans. Posted on the nonleaguezone. He mentions that the clubs were initially informed that the FA were going to cherry pick sides for promotion, as long as they achieved a top 5 position. But this changed to the process we have now. http://nonleaguezone.com/...p?f=23&t=120039I wonder if this scrapping the E Grading & compulsory promotion. Was the only way to guarantee that EBAC NL teams would be promoted? I guess that the FA were toying with several ideas, before they decided to go the way that they have done. The top of the NL seems to have the usual suspects. So it'll be interesting if no teams in & around the top has a sudden drop in form. As the season comes to a close.

First page Previous page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3