Hitcin-John

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 4, 2017, 8:57 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 4 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Hitcin-John Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I was informed by daughter Alison a few days ago that John was admitted to hospital. I don't have any more details than he can't do any further site updating for the time being.
Obviously that is secondary to sending our best wishes and hopes for a full recovery.
We all know how much time John spends on updating the site, searching for results and fixtures, making amendments, talking to League Secretaries.... he really is the heart of the site. Since he has been gone we have results from 3 days ago that haven't been updated and only a few leagues have actually kicked off... I will get on them asap.
We have a few Admins here who have access to all Leagues so I am asking you please to make an effort to cover for Hitchin-John until he gets back. If you can't do that let me know so I know about it. If you are an Editor or even don't edit the main site at all and you have an hour or so a day to update random Leagues that you aren't even interested in then also please do let me know.
I will delete this thread as soon as John is back and 100% again but I'm sure he could do with more support even after that.

Mark_a_Wood
Youth Team Regular

Aug 5, 2017, 1:42 PM

Team(s): Leek Town, N. Staffs clubs (except Kidsgove!)

Post #2 of 4 (1953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Hitcin-John [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Hi Steve, sorry to hear about John.

I would like to help. If no-one is already doing them, you can make me the editor for the Midland League and West Midlands Regional League and I can keep them updated until further notice if that helps.

I could also edit some of the leagues that kick-off next week such as the North-West Counties League and Northern Premier League.

(This post was edited by Mark_a_Wood on Aug 5, 2017, 1:44 PM)

Hitchin-John
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 5, 2017, 2:10 PM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #3 of 4 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark_a_Wood] Hitcin-John [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I would like to help. If no-one is already doing them, you can make me the editor for the Midland League and West Midlands Regional League and I can keep them updated until further notice if that helps.

I could also edit some of the leagues that kick-off next week such as the North-West Counties League and Northern Premier League.

Discharged from hospital and back with NLM.

I have set up fixtures for August for all of the above leagues, and I am not aware of any other editors looking at these leagues. but I would like to retain the Northern Premier League as I manage all Steps 1 to 4.

I have updated my own file of leagues/editors with the above less the NPL and thanks Mark for the offer which I'm sure Steve can organise.

Some attendance figures come in late so I may review leagues for updating at later dates.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Aug 5, 2017, 4:58 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark_a_Wood] Hitcin-John [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Many thank for the offer. I've added Midland, NWC and WM(R) to your list.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3