Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 1, 2017, 12:12 PM

Post #1 of 11 (4015 views)
Shortcut
Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 Can't Post or

The one 3 or 4 of us have been waiting for

Details from league website

Premier Division

Ashton Keynes (from Cirencester & District)
Bakers Arms (N)
FC Dorcan
Lower Stratton (P)
Ramsbury
Sport “4” Pinehurst (P)
Stratton Juniors (P)
Swindon Centurians Spectrum
Swindon Spitfires
Swindon Supermarine DC (N)
Tawny Owl
Wheatsheaf (from Cirencester & District)

Gone from 2016/17 - Deers Leap, Bassett Bulldogs (to Wiltshire League), Sportz Central, Spectrum

Division One

Brockhill Utd (N)
Chiseldon
Haydon Wick
Highworth Town Development (from North Berks)
Marlborough Town Res
Moredon
New Town All Stars
North Swindon WMC (R)
Redhouse (N)
Ruby Removals (N)
Swindon AFC
Village Inn (R)

Gone from 2016/17 - Lyneham, Core Construction, Old Town Utd, Wroughton Res

Some of those I have listed as “gone” could of course be name changes.

I did a couple of clubs in the league last season (Swindon Spitfires and Lower Stratton) and was pleasantly surprised at the standard and the set-ups. I also saw Tawny Owl play and they were excellent. Ramsbury and Chiseldon are ex Wiltshire County grounds and are OK, while a couple of the others play on grounds (or did) that have been higher. One club usually plays at the old Walcot ground from their Hellenic days. Ashton Keynes is a nice set up for level, Highworth Development play on the pitch below / beyond the hedge from the main ground.

Tim

Aug 1, 2017, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #2 of 11 (3986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I presume Swindon Centurians and Spectrum have merged. Agree Tawny Owl are good - 100% record for last two seasons.

acmold

Aug 1, 2017, 2:58 PM

Post #3 of 11 (3912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
I presume Swindon Centurians and Spectrum have merged. Agree Tawny Owl are good - 100% record for last two seasons.

Last season there was a Swindon Centurians Spectrum and a Spectrum according to the league table - 8th and 11th. Both played at the NALGO ground in Cricklade Road.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 1, 2017, 4:02 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #4 of 11 (3889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Swindon Centurians finished 8th last season.

What I'm thinking has happened, is the league administrator has renamed Swindon Centurians to Swindon Centurians Spectrum and that affects previous seasons in the database for that club.

If they started a new club with that name, Swindon Centurians would show up in last season's league table and Swindon Centurians Spectrum is a new (and separate) club for this season.

(I'm not saying this in a negative way at all, I have no experience with the Full-Time system, it's what I think has happened)

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Sarumio

Aug 1, 2017, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #5 of 11 (3889 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Last season there was a Swindon Centurians Spectrum and a Spectrum according to the league table - 8th and 11th. Both played at the NALGO ground in Cricklade Road.

That’s just the way Full Time works. When a team gets renamed it renames them for every year previously too. Incorrectly so, but that’s the way it is. A bug they’ve never bothered to fix.

Someone has renamed the Swindon Centurians entry, and that’s why it they have been renamed in all other years too.

acmold

Aug 1, 2017, 4:29 PM

Post #6 of 11 (3875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Yes I now remember that coming up before.

Swindon Supermarine DC is Development Centre.

Interesting to see where Bakers Arms have come from to be placed in the top division. It's a pub in Stratton by the looks of things.

Harry Hammer
Junior Team Star

Aug 2, 2017, 12:38 PM

Post #7 of 11 (3721 views)
Shortcut

Highworth Town Development will be playing their home fixtures at Coleshill Utd, a couple of miles outside the town on the Faringdon road.

acmold

Aug 2, 2017, 2:26 PM

Post #8 of 11 (3685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Harry Hammer] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Highworth Town Development will be playing their home fixtures at Coleshill Utd, a couple of miles outside the town on the Faringdon road.

See Coleshill United have gone from the North Berks (again), shame nice set up.

Coleshill in Oxfordshire used to be in Berkshire but the pitch / ground is in Wiltshire.

Village famous for it's secret training ground for the Home Guard during the second World War.

acmold

Aug 2, 2017, 8:18 PM

Post #9 of 11 (3623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Sport "4" Pinehurst have folded and are replaced by Wroughton Res according to the league website.

acmold

Aug 30, 2017, 11:40 AM

Post #10 of 11 (3155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Swindon & District Football League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

There are quite a few postponed fixtures appearing on fulltime, not sure if it's ground availability or clubs withdrawing from the league.

acmold

Sep 17, 2017, 10:05 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2610 views)
Shortcut

It looks like all clubs are up and running though some have only managed one game so far.

On the way to my second game yesterday I happened to go past the entrance to Supermarine. No one was about from Supermarine Development (name in handbook) but a couple of Rugby club people told me they play on the third railed off pitch in the complex. It's at right angles to the main stadium next to the Swindome. As an aside the New College / Rugby Ground pitch was set up for Rugby yesterday.

I managed to get hold of a league handbook.

As above Supermarine DC are Supermarine Development in the handbook.

Bakers Arms were formally Dear Leap.

Ruby Removals were formally Core Construction.

Tawny Owl are The Tawny Owl.

The league has the following ground / complex shares

Moredon Rec, Cheney Manor - Haydon Wick, Moredon, North Swindon WMC.

Sevenfields, Penhill - Bakers Arms, Redhouse, Ruby Removals, Village Inn.

Nalgo, Cricklade Road - FC Dorcan, Swindon Centenarians Spectrum.

Grange Drive - Brockhill United, Lower Stratton.

St Josephs College - New Town All Stars, Swindon AFC.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3