Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Smart Motorway, My ......

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 30, 2017, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2070 views)
Shortcut
Smart Motorway, My ...... Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone travelling from the South towards West London and around the M25 would have had to deal with the endless delays from junction 4A onwards on the M3 for the past 3 years. Indeed the Average 50mph is still in force for "testing."

The work has finally been completed and yesterday I used it for the first time since it re-opened, to find the idiot who designed it decided that it would be clever for the 2 lanes which join the M25 from the M3 going clockwise towards Heathrow Airport, M4, M40 etc to merge into 1 half way around the bend meaning inevitable stupidly long delays trying to join the M25 around the area which I find suffers the most delays as it is anyway! Mad

Words fail me that some imbecile not only designed it, but someone in authority passed it!

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 30, 2017, 12:20 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And it was closed again on Friday night from Junction 4a London bound.

pitch 63
First Team Star

Jul 30, 2017, 2:00 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Beware the motorways around Bristol.

Both the M4 and the M5 have variable speed cameras and a lot of the time the speed limit is 60 mph or lower.

Now the M32 has a fixed 40 mph speed limited just before Junction 3 onwards towards the city in both directions, and again the area is liberally covered with variable speed cameras, but here there are no lines on the carriageway indicating their existence.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 31, 2017, 9:25 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #4 of 9 (1829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Anyone travelling from the South towards West London and around the M25 would have had to deal with the endless delays from junction 4A onwards on the M3 for the past 3 years. Indeed the Average 50mph is still in force for "testing."

The work has finally been completed and yesterday I used it for the first time since it re-opened, to find the idiot who designed it decided that it would be clever for the 2 lanes which join the M25 from the M3 going clockwise towards Heathrow Airport, M4, M40 etc to merge into 1 half way around the bend meaning inevitable stupidly long delays trying to join the M25 around the area which I find suffers the most delays as it is anyway! Mad

Words fail me that some imbecile not only designed it, but someone in authority passed it!

I've not used that particular junction recently but I've experience similar elsewhere with two lanes suddenly merging into one, in todays H&S obsessed climate how can that be acceptable?

RussWWFC
First Team Star

Jul 31, 2017, 10:09 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #5 of 9 (1708 views)
Shortcut

The amount of time roads take to be changed is ludicrous, 5 years when in America, it takes a few months

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 31, 2017, 10:16 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 9 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RussWWFC] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

People complaining about the roads? Dear god spare a thought for us rail users.Sly

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Jul 31, 2017, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #7 of 9 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RussWWFC] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The amount of time roads take to be changed is ludicrous, 5 years when in America, it takes a few months

-------------------------------------

Quite agree. Passed a sign on the A1 proclaiming the new A14 route to the south of Huntingdon will open December 2020 !!

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 1, 2017, 12:34 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #8 of 9 (1653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

M1 j16>j19 has been going on for three years now and it still won't be finished much before the New Year. This has included installation of nearly 15miles of new concrete central barrier and the aforementioned conversion to "Smart" Motorway. There was a time when the works went all the way back to j15 which made it 21 miles of narrow lanes and 50mph average speed limits. This of course was all on top of the complete reconstruction of j19 itself to cut out the use of local roads by traffic going to and from the A14.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

stingray
First Team Star

Aug 1, 2017, 2:39 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #9 of 9 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Smart Motorway, My ...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Although I only use it twice a year, I look forward to the end of the seemingly never-ending improvements between Leeming Bar and Scotch Corner Crazy

2019/20 stats

37 goals in 8 games
87.35 spent

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3