Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 6, 2017, 7:45 AM

Post #26 of 34 (4271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To
Ground alert: Welland are not playing in the village but at the Hill Centre which is just outside Upton-upon-Severn.

Same ground that Upton Town use now, and that I saw Upton Sports play on in the Worcester League many many years ago.

Welland have used it in the past for games, certainly quite often for lower teams. Shame they can't use the one in the village that's quite nice. Think there are two pitches at Hill Centre? .

Tim

Aug 6, 2017, 9:00 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #27 of 34 (4258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Ground alert: Welland are not playing in the village but at the Hill Centre which is just outside Upton-upon-Severn.

Same ground that Upton Town use now, and that I saw Upton Sports play on in the Worcester League many many years ago.

Welland have used it in the past for games, certainly quite often for lower teams. Shame they can't use the one in the village that's quite nice. Think there are two pitches at Hill Centre? .

Indeed two pitches.

Tim

Aug 6, 2017, 9:47 PM

Post #28 of 34 (4161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Abbeymead Rovers have returned to Elmbridge Park (Windfall Way) after a spell at Heron Park.

FC Barometrics are playing one game at Cheltenham Saracens, on Friday 25th August at 7.30. Their other games are at The Newlands, pitch unknown.

acmold

Sep 2, 2017, 8:25 PM

Post #29 of 34 (3788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

It would appear from results so far this season that Newent Town are fielding their 1st XI in the Hellenic League and their reserves in the GNSL.

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Oct 3, 2017, 12:42 PM

Team(s): Forest Green & AFC Emley

Post #30 of 34 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like the GNSL is having an emergency meeting on Friday 13th October where the clubs will vote on whether Newent Town should be expelled from the league.

The Hills of Forest Green
Where the mountains reach the sky
A Dream comes true
I'll live there till I die

Castles in The Air - Don McLean

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Oct 16, 2017, 9:31 PM

Post #31 of 34 (3018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karldax] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a result of the SGM the clubs have voted to exclude Newent Town with immediate effect http://www.gnslweb.co.uk/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=51

A Dream comes true

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 PM

Post #32 of 34 (2991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karldax] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any idea what the grounds for expulsion were ? Can't be because they are reserves if Longlevens & Tuffley & Tuffley Rvrs are still in.

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Oct 16, 2017, 11:19 PM

Post #33 of 34 (2966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was because they entered a team in the Hellenic 2 West who they have stated is their first team. This meant the GNSL team became their reserve team. The rest of the clubs rightly or wrongly were upset that Newent were trying to circumvate the Glos County League in order to go up the pyramid.

A Dream comes true

Tim

Nov 24, 2017, 9:01 AM

Post #34 of 34 (2229 views)
Shortcut

Another move: Stroud Harriers are now at Whitminster Playing Field.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3