Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 25, 2017, 3:36 PM

Post #1 of 34 (8075 views)
Shortcut
Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 Can't Post or

We don't seemed to have had this one yet or not that I could find, sorry if we have.

Division One
Berkeley Town
Bibury
Brockworth Albion
Cam Bulldogs
Chalford (P)
Charlton Rovers
FC Barometrics
Harrow Hill
Leonard Stanley
Longlevens Reserves (P)
Newent Town
Quedgeley Wanderers (P)
Sharpness
Southside Star
Taverners
Tuffley Rovers Reserves

Last season's Champions Ruardean Hill have been promoted to County League.

Division Two

Abbeymead Rovers
Bredon (R)
Dursley Town
English Bicknor
FC Lakeside
Falcons (N - Cheltenham League)
Lydbrook Athletic
Lydney Town Res
Mitcheldean
Smiths Athletic
Stroud Harriers
Upton St Leonards (N - Stroud League)
Welland (N - Cheltenham League)
Whaddon United
Whitecroft (N- North Gloucestershire League)
Winchcombe Tn
Woolaston

Division Two relegates Wotton Rovers to Stroud League

Wellend were runners-up in the Cheltenham League, the village is in Worcestershire.

FC Barometrics and Charlton Rovers are on new grounds this season, the latter at Shipton Moyne CC if it's ready in time.

Sharpness have made their ground at the power station up to County League standards according to Tweets and pictures.

Tim

Jul 25, 2017, 3:45 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #2 of 34 (8070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Odd that Welland appear to be in the line up but have no fixtures. Wonder if someone has dropped out and Welland are to replace them, as at present there are 17 teams in the division.

Charlton Rovers' new home will be at the cricket club in Shipton Oliffe - still work to be done.

Where are Barometrics going?

acmold

Jul 25, 2017, 5:18 PM

Post #3 of 34 (8019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

I think they are moving from the railed off pitch at "Smiths" over the hedge to the playing fields where Star used to play. May have got that wrong but sure I've read it somewhere.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2017, 8:54 AM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #4 of 34 (7838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought FC Barometrics were still at Newlands Park, although at least one of their PSF's was switched to Cheltenham Saracens, I believe. No doubt any move will be noted here in due course!

acmold

Jul 26, 2017, 11:58 AM

Post #5 of 34 (7765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Must be going mad, I had a conversation we Roger a month or two ago and it came up that we had the missed the chance of doing the railed pitch at Newlands. Are they moving from the "new" railed pitch to another pitch in the Newlands complex. Was the rugby club going to use the new one?.

Did find this from GNSL minutes from May 2016

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Mr Purser informed the Committee that although the League had sanctioned a pitch move at the Newlands for one season only due to issues surrounding the Rugby World Cup he had been informed by FC Barometrics that their return to the previous arrangements had not materialised as had been promised. The present issue concerning the League is that the pitch is some 300 yards from the changing rooms.

In view of this it is for the FC Barometrics Club Secretary to write to the General Secretary to ask for an extension for the present arrangements for one season only after which alternative arrangements must be put in place by the Club so as to comply with the Regulations for Election to the GNSL

Tim

Jul 26, 2017, 12:02 PM

Post #6 of 34 (7760 views)
Shortcut

Pretty sure Barometrics moved over to pitch 3 (furthest from car park, formerly where their 3rds played) at Newlands at the start of last season.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2017, 12:36 PM

Post #7 of 34 (7732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They were playing on the bottom pitch when I was there in December 2015. The club's third team were playing on the middle pitch at the same time with the rugby having displaced Barometrics' former home next to the clubhouse.

acmold

Jul 26, 2017, 2:49 PM

Post #8 of 34 (7658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

I think that bit I posted suggests they were allowed to play on the railed off pitch last season as a dispensation but would have to move this season as though it's railed it to far from the dressing rooms under league rules?.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2017, 3:00 PM

Post #9 of 34 (7649 views)
Shortcut

Yes, looks like that's the case. Maybe even switching to the middle pitch would not be close enough to the dressing-rooms?

(This post was edited by Trevor P on Jul 26, 2017, 3:00 PM)

Tim

Jul 26, 2017, 5:04 PM

Post #10 of 34 (7603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Whichever pitch they use, it will be nearer to the dressing room than Ramblers....

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Jul 27, 2017, 12:41 PM

Team(s): Forest Green & AFC Emley

Post #11 of 34 (7433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stroud Harriers have tweeted that they have been promoted to Division 1 replacing Southside Star who have resigned from the league.

The Hills of Forest Green
Where the mountains reach the sky
A Dream comes true
I'll live there till I die

Castles in The Air - Don McLean

Tim

Jul 27, 2017, 12:51 PM

Post #12 of 34 (7423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karldax] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Broadwell Amateurs Reserves have now also appeared in Division 2. Maybe someone else has resigned too. Bit of a mess.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 27, 2017, 2:16 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #13 of 34 (7381 views)
Shortcut

I'm unsure, but Division Two did have 17 teams in to start with, sounds like Broadwell Amateurs Reserves (from the North Gloucestershire League) have replaced Stroud Harriers. So both divisions have 17 teams at present, pending what happens with Southside Star.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

acmold

Jul 27, 2017, 3:20 PM

Post #14 of 34 (7353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Division Two (as I type) has 18 teams but Stroud Harriers are in both divisions. North Gloucestershire top division has 15 (13 finished last season) with Broadwell Res in both GNSL and North Gloucestershire. Presume it is a shuffling up process. Have we worked out why Welland are in situ.

Shame North Gloucestershire runners up were not promoted, Redbrook Rovers the tickers dream. Watch the game from another country and enough disused railway hardware to give some hot flushes and organisms for weeks. Dressing rooms on the otherside of the road and up a steep incline and unusually shaped pitch.

Tim

Jul 27, 2017, 3:35 PM

Post #15 of 34 (7344 views)
Shortcut

I would say:

Southside Star folded
Stroud Harriers up to replace them
Welland up to replace them
Broadwell Res up to replace someone else who has dropped out.

Time will tell.

Redbrook's pitch is possibly too small for GNSL. Shame - it's wonderful.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 27, 2017, 7:52 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #16 of 34 (7261 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Redbrook Rovers the tickers dream. Watch the game from another country.

I'm intrigued by this comment having ticked Redbrook at the tail end of last season. Where in Wales do you think the ground can be seen from - certainly not in the environs of The Boat inn on the opposite side of the river which is worth a visit on its own.

acmold

Jul 28, 2017, 6:31 AM

Post #17 of 34 (7135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

By stepping one pace into Wales on the footbridge next to the disused railway bridge (or from the bridge itself ) that goes over the Wye. I took a photo from Wales of the ground. The locals told us about when asking about all the railway infrastructure. The buildings and car parking at the north end used to be the goods yard. Very interesting place as is Tintern a few miles down the road which is just into Wales. That has very small pitch and an old wooden cover / stand. Wonderful area for grounds.

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Jul 31, 2017, 10:17 PM

Team(s): Forest Green & AFC Emley

Post #18 of 34 (6842 views)
Shortcut

According to the Sunday Independant Mitcheldean have pulled out of the league.

The Hills of Forest Green
Where the mountains reach the sky
A Dream comes true
I'll live there till I die

Castles in The Air - Don McLean

gcnc

Aug 1, 2017, 9:21 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #19 of 34 (6729 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
By stepping one pace into Wales on the footbridge next to the disused railway bridge (or from the bridge itself ) that goes over the Wye. I took a photo from Wales of the ground. The locals told us about when asking about all the railway infrastructure. The buildings and car parking at the north end used to be the goods yard. Very interesting place as is Tintern a few miles down the road which is just into Wales. That has very small pitch and an old wooden cover / stand. Wonderful area for grounds.

Yes, Tintern Abbey is a wonderful ground, set in the shadow of the Abbey itself. I did it for a Gwent Amateur Cup match a few years back, but they haven't entered this season, which is a shame.
That's certainly a ground you can see from the hill on the English side of the river.

acmold

Aug 1, 2017, 9:36 AM

Post #20 of 34 (6713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, Tintern Abbey is a wonderful ground, set in the shadow of the Abbey itself. I did it for a Gwent Amateur Cup match a few years back, but they haven't entered this season, which is a shame.
That's certainly a ground you can see from the hill on the English side of the river.

Could well be the pitch, it's under 100 yards long and is not actually an oblong. One end is a couple of yards wider than the other. In fact when I walked round the pitch (as one does) the corner nearest the road was so tight to the boundary I don't think a right footed player could take a corner. A must do for those that like quirky grounds and you have the bonus of the Abbey, visitors centre, cafe and pub all within a couple of hundred yards. And there is the marvellous drive getting to the venue.

acmold

Aug 2, 2017, 8:09 AM

Post #21 of 34 (6525 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yes, looks like that's the case. Maybe even switching to the middle pitch would not be close enough to the dressing-rooms?

Barometrics again played at Cheltenham Saracens last night according to Tweets.

gcnc

Aug 2, 2017, 4:13 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #22 of 34 (6432 views)
Shortcut

Has anyone got the West Dean Charities fixtures for this summer? They are not on FA Full Time as in previous years.

Tim

Aug 4, 2017, 11:58 AM

Post #23 of 34 (6200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From Gloucestershire Live:

Smiths Athletic are moving to a new home.

The club will now play their games at Tewkesbury School to make use of a grass pitch there with the all-weather surface to be used when the normal pitches are deemed unplayable.

Tim

Aug 5, 2017, 10:04 PM

Post #24 of 34 (5995 views)
Shortcut

Ground alert: Welland are not playing in the village but at the Hill Centre which is just outside Upton-upon-Severn.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 5, 2017, 11:51 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #25 of 34 (5953 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ground alert: Welland are not playing in the village but at the Hill Centre which is just outside Upton-upon-Severn.

Same ground that Upton Town use now, and that I saw Upton Sports play on in the Worcester League many many years ago.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3