codofthenorth
Reserve Team Star

Jul 17, 2017, 11:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 10 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Monday 17th July 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shap v Kendal United.....PSF......K.O Should have been 7pm

Not sure what became of this friendly, arrived early on a beautiful day up in the hills, but it wasnt a total disaster. I discovered Shap has the highest 'open air heated swimming pool' in altitude in the UK, just adjacent to the Memorial Ground.The ground is situated a stones throw from the West Coast Main Rail Line. But with no sign of life by 6.35pm I found a clue on Twitter the fixture may have been reversed and a hasty exit was made down the A6 Kendal.
Arrived at the ground on Castle Drive relieved to see the sides warming up.After a chat with the local's it turned out they were playing Appleby from the Westmorland League and they didnt seem to know much about the Shap fixture that was still being advertised on Facebook.

Kendal United 2-0 Appleby.......PSF......Adm: Free.......No team sheets or refereshments. Att: About 8

A first visit to Castle Drive, nice enough setting tucked away behind the cricket club at Kendal, close to Kendal County's and the Mint Cakes ground. Theres a multi functional Clubhouse/Changing facility and a couple of dugouts....it's not fenced and wasnt roped off for tonights game. Kendal United have moved to the West Lancs League this season so may be seeing a bit of them on the road.
Kendal had the better of the first half, scoring after a corner kick was despatched on 12 minutes. The second half saw Kendal increase their lead with a diving header on the edge of the six yard box from a measured cross from the Kendal No16. With the scoring over Appleby came more into a game which was played in good spirits apart from one brief flashpoint that the referee sorted without cards being shown.
After a brief look on Twitter it would appear Shap may have cried off last week without updating their Facebook account.

So Many Grounds....So little time!!

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 17, 2017, 11:56 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 10 (1920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well I cant beat that.
Myself and 4,049 other souls found our way to Kristiansund Stadium for the top tier game against Valerenga.
KBK in their first season in the top flight are struggling and with this point find themselves in the relegation play off position in the bottom 3.
Only formed in 2003 and playing at a small ground with a capacity of only 4,126 tickets are at a premium, make sure to book before you go.

They took a first half lead against the run of play and lasted until early in the second half before conceding the equaliser.
They then survived the remaining 30 plus minutes with a mixture of good defence and luck.

Eng. 0- 0- 0- 0 -0- ( 0- 0) - ( I=0- N=0-S= 0 )- (IN =0 -IS=1 - NN=1- NS=0 - SC=-0-SC=0 ) - (CC= 1- 0-0 -0- 0-0- 0- 0-0-0-0- 0-0 -0) - ( 0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 -0 -0 -0 -0- 0). TBC.

Benelux.
B. 0-0-0 - ( 0- 0 - 0 -0) - ( 0- 2 - 0 - 0)
L. 0 -0.
N. 0 -0 -0.

Iberia.
P. 0 - 1.

Sp. 1 - 1.

I have impeccable credentials.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jul 18, 2017, 12:04 AM)

Graeme
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 18, 2017, 7:21 AM

Team(s): Bradford P.A

Post #3 of 10 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF.
Loughborough University 2 v Lutterworth Town 5.
@Holywell 1.
Feisty encounter, with Town proving too strong and direct for their student opponents.
Holywell 1 is hidden away behind the Stadium pitch.

Total Grounds- 1290 (10).
Grounds this season- 16.
Latest New ground -Alwyns Lane, Chertsey Town.
Rugby Union grounds-7.
Latest-Twickenham.

prorege
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 18, 2017, 7:36 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #4 of 10 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Graeme] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clydesdale Cup SF
Lanark United v Lesmahagow
2-3, H.T.1-2 Att c.150, Admission £5, No paperwork, Coffee and Pie £2.20
At Moor Park, Lanark

I was surprised to realise it is more than ten years since I visited Moor Park. On that occasion there was a 4 figure crowd for a Scottish Cup QF against Kelty – the attendance for this game might have been less but it was still a decent occasion.

Moor Park hasn’t changed in that time. There are two covered enclosures on one side, one of which has a very distinctive barrel roof. The rest of the ground is a squared oval with four or five steps of concrete with grass banking behind. It ‘s a ground where you are encouraged to drive your car in and you can park right around the perimeter. Ten minutes walk south of Lanark railway station, it’s one of Junior football’s many hidden gems and well worth visiting.

The Clydesdale Cup is played pre-season between these two plus Carluke Rovers and Forth Wanderers – the 4 clubs from within the boundaries of the old Clydesdale District Council (1975-1996). It’s taken very seriously and should in no way be confused with a pre-season match. Local rivalry is intense but there is a strong sense of respect between the 4 competing clubs, all long-established and distinguished Junior clubs.

Visitors Lesmahagow are one level above Lanark and always looked to be the likely the winners. They went ahead early and when they doubled their lead seemed to be in control. However, Lanark replied each side of half time to level the scores before Lesmahagow scored a winner with around fifteen minutes to go.

The crowd basked in the sunshine and were very happy with the football on offer. Some very heavy challenges but the referee handled the game very well.

A few hoppers in attendance, including Dave 56, looking surprisingly chipper after his night on the Edinburgh tiles.

Forth and Carluke meet in the other Semi Final tonight. I’d be very tempted by it if it wasn’t for the choice of League Cup fixtures on offer.

rambler77
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2017, 8:41 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #5 of 10 (1769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

EVESHAM UNITED 0-3 CHELTENHAM TOWN

Admission: £9
Pin Badge: £3.50
Att: 550 (official) - seemed more to me.

Didn't leave Leicester until 6.20pm, but with traffic light for the sixty odd mile journey I arrived at the ground with fifteen minutes to ko.

Typical new build ground but it serves the needs of United. Danny Wright opened the scoring for Town around the 15 minute mark. He added the second about an hour later, and this was a quality strike - a cross from the left was volleyed home on the run giving the United keeper no chance. Town's third goal came with five minutes left.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

ARL
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 18, 2017, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Tring Town 1987-2003, Leverstock Green 2003-

Post #6 of 10 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Non-competitive kickabout

Tavistock AFC 2 Cardiff City 7
Admission: TEN pounds

First leg of this week's South West odyssey. Not that well acquainted with the Cardiff squad to know how many first-teamers played, but I recognised a couple of names and Neil Warnock took up his seat in the dugout, so I assume it was a pretty strong squad. Large contingent of travelling fans in what looked like approx 1000 crowd.

Cardiff took the lead in the first couple of minutes and were three up inside 20. Tavistock pulled a goal back, but it was 6-1 by half time. Much better display from Tavi in the second half, no longer looking sorry for themselves. They got another one back from the penalty spot, and Cardiff didn't get the seventh until virtually the last kick of the game.

Nice ground in very rural surroundings. New-looking dressing room complex on one side, fronted by two seated Arena stands. The other side has a small cover of a more home-made nature with some chairs in it. Both ends are grass standing with a slight bank at one end.

Dave 56
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 18, 2017, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #7 of 10 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Clydesdale Cup SF
Lanark United v Lesmahagow
2-3, H.T.1-2 Att c.150, Admission £5, No paperwork, Coffee and Pie £2.20
At Moor Park, Lanark

I was surprised to realise it is more than ten years since I visited Moor Park. On that occasion there was a 4 figure crowd for a Scottish Cup QF against Kelty – the attendance for this game might have been less but it was still a decent occasion.

Moor Park hasn’t changed in that time. There are two covered enclosures on one side, one of which has a very distinctive barrel roof. The rest of the ground is a squared oval with four or five steps of concrete with grass banking behind. It ‘s a ground where you are encouraged to drive your car in and you can park right around the perimeter. Ten minutes walk south of Lanark railway station, it’s one of Junior football’s many hidden gems and well worth visiting.

The Clydesdale Cup is played pre-season between these two plus Carluke Rovers and Forth Wanderers – the 4 clubs from within the boundaries of the old Clydesdale District Council (1975-1996). It’s taken very seriously and should in no way be confused with a pre-season match. Local rivalry is intense but there is a strong sense of respect between the 4 competing clubs, all long-established and distinguished Junior clubs.

Visitors Lesmahagow are one level above Lanark and always looked to be the likely the winners. They went ahead early and when they doubled their lead seemed to be in control. However, Lanark replied each side of half time to level the scores before Lesmahagow scored a winner with around fifteen minutes to go.

The crowd basked in the sunshine and were very happy with the football on offer. Some very heavy challenges but the referee handled the game very well.
----
As mentioned also at this. Lovely place to be on a sunny evening. Impressed with the football and the ground. Spent the evening in the pleasant company of Ian from Hull, Baseball caps, and Prorege who was his usual mine of information. Thanks to Baseball caps who dropped me back at Airdrie where we had a pint of Dark Dunter in the spoons.

A few hoppers in attendance, including Dave 56, looking surprisingly chipper after his night on the Edinburgh tiles.

Forth and Carluke meet in the other Semi Final tonight. I’d be very tempted by it if it wasn’t for the choice of League Cup fixtures on offer.

Ipeland
Youth Team Star

Jul 18, 2017, 5:20 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #8 of 10 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Atherton Laburnum Rovers 2-2 West Didsbury & Chorlton (0-1 HT) at Crilly Park
Friendly
Admission: £3, Programme: £2, Tea: £1
Attendance: 78 (h/c)

First of the games I will visit while I'm at Dad's this week, he also came along to this one. No problems getting there, arriving 10 minutes before kick off.

Game was okay. First half was relatively uneventful, with neither side's finishing being particularly great. However, a goal came just before half time when Didsbury player Matty Kay fired a shot from 20 yards out which the LR keeper couldn't get his hand around properly meaning it deflected into the net. Second half was better with the changes at half time loosening up the play somewhat. LR equalised on the 72nd minute, a cross from the left found Heath Ainscow in the 6 yard box who had a simple finish. This didn't last long though as Didsbury retook the lead four minutes later with a rather easy header from a corner by Nia Bayunu. LR then equalised again after a defensive mistake allowed Ainscow to nip in and score five minutes before the end.

No major changes to the ground since last season, just a lick of paint. The program has been redesigned though, now in colour and printed on glossy paper, decent enough for a pre-season edition with info and squads of the clubs LR will be facing and a few player profiles, although some of it was difficult to read due to the back colour of the page. Decent attendance with around 15-20 from Didsbury. Another easy journey back and indoors just before 10.

Grounds visited: 158
Last new ground: Perth Green (Jarrow)
Next planned fixture: Hartlepool United vs Aldershot - Conference Premier - 18/11/17

dw1908
Junior Team Star

Jul 18, 2017, 9:06 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #9 of 10 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

OB Odense (0) 1 FC Nordsjaelland (1) 2 Attendance 6,993 No programme Admission about £13/14

Last game of a long weekend in Denmark (FC Copenhagen, Lyngby and Brondby) . Smashing stadium - neat and tidy with a small standing section in both home and away sections. Nice early evening weather - home team looked limited - could struggle.

Odense is the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen so visited the museum and also the Danish Railway museum. Cracking day had and back in hotel in Copenhagen before midnight.

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Jul 22, 2017, 2:39 AM

Post #10 of 10 (843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dw1908] Monday 17th July 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rossvale 8-0 Pollok u21s
At Huntershill Park, Auchinairn, Bishopbriggs
Att: 39
entry by donation to Glasgow Childrens Hospital

Rossvale's second game at their new ground of Huntershill Sports Hub in Auchinairn, between Colston and Auchinairn on the edge of Bishopbriggs, on Glasgow's northern side.
Plenty parking at the sports complex, two tennis courts on approach to the pitch entrance, bucket for a donation, then segregation signs straight away, Away fans arrowed to the left, home to the right.
It's a caged astro and pretty basic, no cover. Floodlights. Technical areas / team staff down the pavilion side, and all spectators on the far side where it is indeed segregated with a floodlight and fence in the middle.
Flat standing all round, similar to the new Gartcairn, but with less facilities.
Early days, and I'm sure theres refreshment machine inside the sports complex.
But it's a home of their own after several seasons ground sharing at Petershill

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3