Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Oxford United in Portugal

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 17, 2017, 8:56 PM

Post #26 of 53 (1269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The yellow one has been quiet for a while.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 19, 2017, 8:19 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #27 of 53 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've no wish to become embroiled in an ongoing row but Chris does provide worthwhile contributions to the forum unlike the troll. Quite ridiculous that he gets banned then reregister's under a new name and is allowed to carry on trolling.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 19, 2017, 7:42 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #28 of 53 (960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was he banned ?

dottirofhod

Jul 19, 2017, 7:53 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #29 of 53 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No did an APL.

Season 2017/18.
Below obviously only first team mens (open age) adhering to FIFA rules .

Competitive games from July 01 , 2017.

(Up to & inc 23 / 07 / 2017.
13 / 12 / 01.

buncranaboy

Jul 19, 2017, 8:01 PM

Post #30 of 53 (947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So what's Isaac on about ?

dottirofhod

Jul 19, 2017, 8:09 PM

Post #31 of 53 (937 views)
Shortcut

Knew you were after him but couldn't resist.
Are you smiling as Mishi says you occasionally do ?

Season 2017/18.

13 / 12 / 01.

buncranaboy

Jul 19, 2017, 8:21 PM

Post #32 of 53 (925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Knew you were after him but couldn't resist.
Are you smiling as Mishi says you occasionally do ?

As Peter Kay would say, like Jap Si

Isaac

Jul 19, 2017, 8:35 PM

Post #33 of 53 (915 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Was he banned ?

Apparently so, he has now reinvented himself as climate change!

paulh66

Jul 19, 2017, 8:46 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #34 of 53 (903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Was he banned ?

Or just fancied a new user name like most 'reinventors' on here do? (Most but not all..)

Isaac

Jul 19, 2017, 8:56 PM

Post #35 of 53 (895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Was he banned ?

Or just fancied a new user name like most 'reinventors' on here do? (Most but not all..)

What are you on about? Actually on second thoughts don't bother explainingMad!

paulh66

Jul 19, 2017, 9:18 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #36 of 53 (880 views)
Shortcut

Didn't really think it needed clarifying but....

Why do you assume he's been banned just because he's now using a new user name? Most users who change user names are not banned.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 19, 2017, 9:49 PM)

kirby knitters

Jul 20, 2017, 9:44 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #37 of 53 (773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not supposed to have multiple accounts are we? Though some have got away with it in the past.Sly

Is Chris back on a new username? What is it.?

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 21, 2017, 10:59 PM

Post #38 of 53 (631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is Chris back on a new username?

Not new, but resurrected. 6 posts so far, but none about football ... yet.

Chris1963

Jul 23, 2017, 10:42 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #39 of 53 (418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Is Chris back on a new username?

Not new, but resurrected. 6 posts so far, but none about football ... yet.

Wrong. I've no idea which username you are referring to.

And as for Buncranaboy's assertion that no Blues (I presume he means Birmingham City?) fans live in Warley, a look at Wiki shows that the parliamentary constituency has an electorate of just over 63,000 - it would be amazing if not a single one of those was a BCFC fan.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Jul 23, 2017, 10:47 PM)

buncranaboy

Jul 23, 2017, 10:52 PM

Post #40 of 53 (401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was wrong. Didn't take a month - under a week before the latest in a protracted series of comebacks.
As I said before, nobody says they come from Warley - or Sandwell for that matter but soccerfan as an interloper wouldn't be aware of that.
Sir.

dottirofhod

Jul 23, 2017, 10:55 PM

Post #41 of 53 (401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

7 feckin days.

Season 2017/18.

13 / 12 / 01.

Chris1963

Jul 23, 2017, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #42 of 53 (382 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I was wrong. Didn't take a month - under a week before the latest in a protracted series of comebacks.
As I said before, nobody says they come from Warley - or Sandwell for that matter but soccerfan as an interloper wouldn't be aware of that.
Sir.

Thank you, Buncranaboy, for calling me "sir" - I trust all past disagreements between ourselves are now forgotten?

In any case, I can only use 'chris1963' because Leo advised me to do that, and I cannot register any others. This has been the case for a year or so now.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 24, 2017, 7:03 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #43 of 53 (322 views)
Shortcut

And back in the world of OUFC......

Oxford United are finally entering the twentieth century at 9am today, when they open their first ever city-centre shop, located in the covered market.

I did have the orgasmic idea of being the first in the queue for when they open the doors to the new shop, being their first-ever customer, then buying a ticket for the away end for next month's Pompey match. Alas, I am at work... Unsure

acmold

Jul 24, 2017, 8:54 AM

Post #44 of 53 (289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm surprised they have bothered over the years they have had so many shops, I think the first was on the Headington crossroads back in the late 60's earlier 70's. I'm pretty sure they have had a shop within a shop in the Westgate or Clarandon in the 80's or 90's. Knowing the rent and rates in the covered market it bound to make a loss, also there fan base is not really in the centre of the city. Not sure the sort of people who use the Covered Market will be football fans as these days it's for tourists and people who want a whole Wild Boar, Crocodile sausages or cheese made from Aardvark milk. And of course very expensive tat / souvenirs or posh high priced shoes.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

Climate Change
Junior Team Regular

Jul 24, 2017, 10:18 AM

Post #45 of 53 (260 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
7 feckin days.

I would like to say welcome back but he will accuse me of trolling....so i won't.

Climate Change
Junior Team Regular

Jul 24, 2017, 10:24 AM

Post #46 of 53 (258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
. Not sure the sort of people who use the Covered Market will be football fans as these days it's for tourists and people who want a whole Wild Boar, Crocodile sausages or cheese made from Aardvark milk. And of course very expensive tat / souvenirs or posh high priced shoes.

Your colourful description makes it sound so nice!
You should write reviews for the Oxford tourist board. Wink

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #47 of 53 (244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
7 feckin days.

I would like to say welcome back but he will accuse me of trolling....so i won't.

I expect on these posts, both hod and climate change can be accused of trolling.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 24, 2017, 11:42 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #48 of 53 (236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm surprised they have bothered over the years they have had so many shops, I think the first was on the Headington crossroads back in the late 60's earlier 70's. I'm pretty sure they have had a shop within a shop in the Westgate or Clarandon in the 80's or 90's. Knowing the rent and rates in the covered market it bound to make a loss, also there fan base is not really in the centre of the city. Not sure the sort of people who use the Covered Market will be football fans as these days it's for tourists and people who want a whole Wild Boar, Crocodile sausages or cheese made from Aardvark milk. And of course very expensive tat / souvenirs or posh high priced shoes.

I'll put it to use. It'll save me the long slog down to the Kassam to buy reduced-price early-bird match tickets. Changes at work mean that I'll probably be watching both United and City a bit more this coming season than I have for a few years.

The shop itself is a small converted chunk of the Market Barbers (the one with the framed Oxford United shirt in the window). I can't see how they're going to fit much stock in there to sell in the run-up to Christmas, but they might sell a few tickets. It'll also mean both home and visiting fans can buy tickets on matchdays, then stay in the city centre to drink those overpriced lattes instead of enjoying the delights of The Blackbird pub's jovial regulars.

The decline of the quality of Oxford Covered Market is directly linked to the rise in rents inflicted by the city council. Back in the early nineties, the place was full of stalls selling records, second-hand books, cheap clothes, fruit & veg and other stuff normal people might want to buy - just as the markets in places like Coventry and Swansea still do. These days it's dominated by coffee shops, snack bars and places selling tourist tat. Last December, the pet supplies shop closed to be replaced by a coffee shop (just what Oxford needs - another overpriced coffee shop!) The only other shop I still use in the market is Brown's greesy-spoon cafe - a lone shining light in a city now overrun by faux French bistros and international coffee chains. And with the giant monstosity being built at Westgate, I can only see thing getting worse.

acmold

Jul 24, 2017, 1:24 PM

Post #49 of 53 (201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Oxford United in Portugal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I use Brown's Cafe though now run by Italian / Polish their all day breakfast's is as good as it's always been. The retro 1970's tables that have been in situ since the 70's are a joy to behold.

I did find the cafe on the left going towards the High Street with reclaim furniture was OK, it's staff are all very polite young ladies. The one opposite it does an All Day Breakfast but only till 11.30am!. The staff have all attended the Basil Faulty School of Charm.

Gone are the days when at Christmas when Jimmy Dingle would be in the middle of the market ringing his bell. I hate the centre of Oxford and quite why the Westgate has been allowed to engulf the Oxpens is beyond me, the Botley and Abingdon roads really need more traffic. Then we are getting a new station or should I say another load of shops and Coffee shops next to the railway.

While I'm on my soapbox they've painted all my buses yellow (maroon and duck egg green please) as the first step towards the service becoming cashless. And they are revamping the Chalvey Centre, hundreds of "affordable" flats and a avenue of coffee shops and restaurants. That will help the traffic.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Jul 24, 2017, 2:01 PM

Post #50 of 53 (191 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
they've painted all my buses yellow (maroon and duck egg green please) as the first step towards the service becoming cashless.

You mean you won't be able to pay by cheque?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3