First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jul 14, 2017, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #26 of 33 (1596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was surprised to read on Belfastlive website this afternoon giving directions to Celtic fans on where to enter the ground when there weren't suppose to be any. I was always expecting a few to get in but surprised they had the stand behind one goal. I was also surprised how empty the ground was. I watched the game on Premier Sports until it was 0-2 & then just used the fast search to see if anything else happened. I couldn't believe the Spanish ref who booked a Celtic player for having the cheek to complain about stuff thrown at him including a glass bottle when he was about to take a corner. I'd liked to know how ref would react about the same happening to him.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 14, 2017, 10:21 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #27 of 33 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I couldn't believe the Spanish ref who booked a Celtic player for having the cheek to complain about stuff thrown at him including a glass bottle when he was about to take a corner. I'd liked to know how ref would react about the same happening to him.

Unfortunately many foreign referees are very poor compared to British ones. Hopefully Celtic will appeal against the booking (I'm assuming you're allowed to, just as happens in domestic games in the UK) and get it overturned.

Edit; and the referee should have been from England or Wales, not Spain!

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 PM)

jrev61

Jul 14, 2017, 10:48 PM

Team(s): None

Post #28 of 33 (1556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I couldn't believe the Spanish ref who booked a Celtic player for having the cheek to complain about stuff thrown at him including a glass bottle when he was about to take a corner. I'd liked to know how ref would react about the same happening to him.

Unfortunately many foreign referees are very poor compared to British ones. Hopefully Celtic will appeal against the booking (I'm assuming you're allowed to, just as happens in domestic games in the UK) and get it overturned.

Edit; and the referee should have been from England or Wales, not Spain!

Maybe the Celtic player who complained about the bottle throwing swore at the referee and was booked for foul and abusive language. It is not usually possible to appeal against a booking in the UK and I don't think you can appeal even against a red card in Europe.
As for the quality of referees abroad. Many of our top referees are shocking especially Mr. Clattenburg. Germany has much better referees, although I would agree that many Spanish referees are card happy idiots!

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Jul 16, 2017, 1:05 AM

Post #29 of 33 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not quite, that's not how the competition rules operate.
If there are Celtic fans present, regardless of how they obtained their ticket, Celtic are still responsible.

kirby knitters

Jul 17, 2017, 6:15 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #30 of 33 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leigh Griffiths charged with provoking fans after the game on Friday. Linfield charged with throwing of objects and field invasion.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

BelfastBlue
Youth Team Sub

Jul 18, 2017, 3:05 PM

Team(s): Linfield, Camelon Juniors, Rangers, Spennymoor

Post #31 of 33 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I suspect we (Linfield) are in for a hefty fine, thanks to the bunch of imbeciles in the south stand section closest to the Celtic supporters? Cheers guys, you have no idea how much I hate you.
Both clubs could also have been charged with sectarian singing as there was plenty of it, although the decent fans tried to drown it out with booing. It really galls me that my club have worked so hard, yet people like this turn up once or twice a year and leave a stain that is infinitesimally larger than their brain.

kirby knitters

Jul 18, 2017, 6:12 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #32 of 33 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BelfastBlue] Linfield v Celtic [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I suspect we (Linfield) are in for a hefty fine, thanks to the bunch of imbeciles in the south stand section closest to the Celtic supporters? Cheers guys, you have no idea how much I hate you.
Both clubs could also have been charged with sectarian singing as there was plenty of it, although the decent fans tried to drown it out with booing. It really galls me that my club have worked so hard, yet people like this turn up once or twice a year and leave a stain that is infinitesimally larger than their brain.

Well said mate but it was always on the cards and good to read a reply from someone that was at the game. Good luck for Glasgow.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

BelfastBlue
Youth Team Sub

Jul 19, 2017, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Linfield, Camelon Juniors, Rangers, Spennymoor

Post #33 of 33 (824 views)
Shortcut

We'll need a bit more than luck mate - perhaps an extra 4/5 players?
Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'll be there nonetheless.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3