Dr Who

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 23, 2017, 2:02 PM

Post #26 of 40 (9106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I get to go to my games throughout the season by saying two words.

Yes dear.

If the missus wants an Irish guide she gets an Irish guide. I don't care as long as I get to the game on time. Cool

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 25, 2017, 6:59 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 40 (8606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How stupid. Typical BBC having a token woman. Next one will be a Muslim. Then the next few from all different ethnic origins until sense prevails and William Hartnell returns.

Oddly enough William Hartnell did appear (well, sort of) in tonight's Xmas special. It wasn't a bad episode, although Muslims certainly wouldn't like it with all that hidden atheism and LGBT politics in the script.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 25, 2017, 8:55 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #28 of 40 (8567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At least the next series will strung out a bit longer with only three episodes each month.....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

garethwrexy

Dec 25, 2017, 8:58 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #29 of 40 (8563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not my cup of tea doctor who

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

jon b
First Team Star

Dec 25, 2017, 11:55 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #30 of 40 (8497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Other than medical Doctors (consultants are Mr anyway) how many people actually use titles / letters these days, my cousin does but he would!. I certainly don't use mine and have forgotten when writing to my professional body, in fact I turned some down as to me a slight change due to experience is just an excuse to charge more money.

To be pedantic, surgeons with the letters FRCS after their name are the medics who are called Mr rather than Dr. FRCS = Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons. I assume the female surgeons are Miss/Mrs.

So Dr Who obviously isn't a surgeon.

jrev61

Dec 26, 2017, 10:54 AM

Team(s): None

Post #31 of 40 (8411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Other than medical Doctors (consultants are Mr anyway) how many people actually use titles / letters these days, my cousin does but he would!. I certainly don't use mine and have forgotten when writing to my professional body, in fact I turned some down as to me a slight change due to experience is just an excuse to charge more money.

To be pedantic, surgeons with the letters FRCS after their name are the medics who are called Mr rather than Dr. FRCS = Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons. I assume the female surgeons are Miss/Mrs.

There are two Bundesliga referees that have the title Doctor, although neither is a medical doctor.

jrev61

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 26, 2017, 7:47 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #32 of 40 (8335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

He/she isn't called Dr Who it is the Doctor..

There was also a very brief appearance of the second Doctor (Patrick Troughton).

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 29, 2017, 2:10 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #33 of 40 (8076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Christmas 2017 episode will feature 3 Doctors, David Bradley (Kes fame) playing the first Doctor., Peter Capaldi and Jodi Whittaker.

Not the same David Bradley who played Billy Casper in Kes.....

pitch 63
First Team Star

Dec 29, 2017, 3:12 PM

Post #34 of 40 (8048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the early 1960s I used to go my grandmother's for tea on my way home from school. I watched the first ever episode of Dr Who with her and her sister, when the Daleks suddenly appeared.

As the Daleks appeared my grandmother's sister said "I have seen those earlier this year. They were being loaded onto a lorry over the road."

Opposite my grandmother and her sister's house was a single storey red brick building where all sorts of woodwork and other things were going in and out frequently. Some time later we discovered that the BBC owned the building and sets, etc. were being made there for tv programmes.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 29, 2017, 4:12 PM

Post #35 of 40 (8037 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

The Christmas 2017 episode will feature 3 Doctors, David Bradley (Kes fame) playing the first Doctor., Peter Capaldi and Jodi Whittaker.

It appears that I'm less than right. Billy Casper was played by David "Dai" Bradley (born 1953) and David Bradley in Dr Who was born in 1942. Both men are from Yorkshire

jrev61

Dec 29, 2017, 4:18 PM

Team(s): None

Post #36 of 40 (8032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It appears that I'm less than right. Billy Casper was played by David "Dai" Bradley (born 1953) and David Bradley in Dr Who was born in 1942. Both men are from Yorkshire

I thought you couldn't have two actors with the same name, at least if they are in Equity.
Maybe the actor in Kes is deceased or not an Equity member anymore.

jrev61

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 29, 2017, 5:24 PM

Post #37 of 40 (8021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I thought you couldn't have two actors with the same name, at least if they are in Equity.
Maybe the actor in Kes is deceased or not an Equity member anymore.

I think the "Kes" actor goes by the name of Dai Bradley and the Dr Who actor by the name David Bradley, although Wikipedia has David "Dai" Bradley active from 1969 and David Bradley active from 1971 so it really should be the former that should be using his real name. I guess it goes from when they join Equity

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 7, 2018, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #38 of 40 (7044 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
I hope the Tardis has satnav or the new Doctor might end up in the wrong galaxy.
Parking shouldn't be a problem though, there should be plenty of space!

Never thought I'd say this, but I reckon Doctor Who has a nice arse.

.........and off to a good start I thought

jon b
First Team Star

Oct 8, 2018, 5:02 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #39 of 40 (7009 views)
Shortcut

I'd go along with that and the episode held together well. I was surprised to find it had been filmed locally, one location, a water tower from which you can see over the whole of Sheffield is just across the border from Dronfield.

The new assistants look as though they will be an asset. I particularly liked the Bradley Walsh character whose reaction when a scary alien turned up was to ask "why are we running TOWARDS it!". That reaction I could relate to.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2018, 2:02 AM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #40 of 40 (5651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Dr Who [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't have any issue with Doctor Who being played by a woman, what I do find annoying is that the BBC have done it just to meet their equality targets and are using the show as some politically correct football to brainwash the general public into believing this is all new and wonderful and that women have never had lead roles before. Did nobody ever see Star Trek Voyager for goodness sake! We never had all this fuss about Captain Janeway, and Kate Mulgrew did an outstanding job with that!

Anyway, I think Jodie Whittaker is a very weak actress, why wasn't anyone else considered for the Doctor? Unimpressed

634 GROUNDS - Punjab United (61/92)
580 WETHERSPOONS - Wallasey
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3