Serbian Groundhop November 2017

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 26, 2017, 11:14 AM

Team(s): A. B. U.

Post #1 of 9 (5186 views)
Shortcut
Serbian Groundhop November 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Peter Miles and Serbian "host" Aleks Pekovic are organising another Serbian Groundhop on on November 17th-19th 2017 -

"The weekend will take place in and around the delightful city of Novi Sad with the Super Liga fixture between FK Vojvodina and Radnik Surdulica at the excellent Stadion Karadorde. The rest of the weekend will be filled with fixtures from the second and third tier (Vojvodina, the region, has its own division at the third level). These will not be confirmed until nearer the time.

The plan is to spend Thursday, Friday and Sunday night in the centrally located Hotel Slavija in Belgrade and the Saturday night in Novi Sad. There are not many big hotels in Novi Sad but there are numerous smaller hotels so the bus will pick us all up from a central meeting point for Sunday's matches".

Individuals have to book their own flights and accommodation but travel to games is then provided by coach.

More details, including flight options etc. are available from Peter at peter_miles@blueyonder.co.uk

Stop the B teams in the League proposal.

colpic
First Team Star

Jun 26, 2017, 5:41 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #2 of 9 (5090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The last trip was excellent. This one promises to be even better.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2017, 9:14 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #3 of 9 (4749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will me joining the trip make it even better?

Best not answer thatSmile

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 9 (4284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Will me joining the trip make it even better?

======================================================

I'm not going that weekend , that should boost bookings.
=====================================================

Eng. 0- 0- 0- 0 -0- ( 0- 0) - ( I=0- N=0-S= 0 )- (IN =0 -IS=1 - NN=1- NS=0 - SC=-0-SC=0 ) - (CC= 1- 0-0 -0- 0-0- 0- 0-0-0-0- 0-0 -0) - ( 0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 -0 -0 -0 -0- 0). TBC.

Benelux.
B. 0-0-0 - ( 0- 0 - 0 -0) - ( 0- 3 - 0 - 1)
L. 0 -0.
N. 0 -0 -1.

Iberia.
P. 0 - 1.
Sp. 1 - 1.

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Jul 16, 2017, 1:40 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Booked, the usual hotel in Belgrade which I'm sure will welcome our custom and breakfast club again, and the citihotel velika I think in Novi Sad.
Through using airmiles and only paying taxess / charges, and with the accom being cheap, I've got 4 night in Belgrade, albeit 1 in NS, and flights, all for 180.
Very much looking forward to the trip, the grounds, the travel, the 10 sausages per plate, and the excellent company. Local beers likely to be consumed too.

If you haven't been before, it is thoroughly recommended.

davidp
Reserve Team Star

Jul 30, 2017, 2:11 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sounds excellent.
Can someone advise what the cheapest way to do it is? Early searches are looking like 560 for flights and accommodation.
Cheers

The Groundhog - the football ground travelog

Dribble!
Youth Team Star

Jul 30, 2017, 7:36 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #7 of 9 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hotels are very cheap - the one recommended for Belgrade was about 25 euros a day with breakfast

Flight costs vary, direct from Luton, but a few of us flew Luthtansa via Munich or Frankfurt

Last New Ground; Grays Athletic: Games in 2017-18 Season = 24: New Grounds this Season = 14

Next scheduled Game: tbc

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

youngster
First Team Star

Jul 31, 2017, 8:45 AM

Team(s): Felixstowe & Walton Utd

Post #8 of 9 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidp] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sounds excellent.
Can someone advise what the cheapest way to do it is? Early searches are looking like 560 for flights and accommodation.
Cheers

Just had a look on skyscanner.net, depends if you want to fly from the same airport as you land. Options appear cheaper (130-160) depending on how long you're prepared to wait somewhere. When you look on skyscanner take note of total journey time, some involve long waits.
These prices were based on Thursday - Monday.
The cheapest direct was 170, out of Luton and back into Heathrow, obviously 2 separate bookings required.

scottsas
Youth Team Regular

Sep 16, 2017, 11:32 AM

Post #9 of 9 (432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Serbian Groundhop November 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For those arriving Thursday lunchtime (Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich), and only if there isn't a game for us Thursday afternoon, I am quite sure I could arrange a tour of the Red Star museum within Rajko Mitic Stadion (I've been there that often recently I could probably conduct guided tours myself!)

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3