Behaving at the races ?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Jul 16, 2017, 2:05 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #51 of 55 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Behaving at the races ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Full rich powerful people Henley

Stereotyping again there I think.

Gareth is spot on with his observation....The Season is now dominated by those that have the cash to party....the event, be it Henley, RHS Chelsea, Goodwood or Ascot is now dominated by those that wish to be 'Seen' squandering their cash on overpriced booze and generally behaving badly.

Katie Glass lifts the lid on the whole tawdry scene in today's Sunday Times magazine. Her comment that the posh people now prefer Glastonbury to the established social scene is quite telling. Personally I prefer No6 festival....it attracts a nicer type of person and the setting is quite stunning.

I have long given up on attending those events that attract and actively encourage yobbish elements. They now exist simply to part those that attend with their cash as quickly as possible. The consequences of this can be seen as the revellers return to Waterloo.
The sporting aspects of Henley, Goodwood et al is now way down the list of reasons for attending, sadly.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 16, 2017, 5:04 PM

Post #52 of 55 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] Behaving at the races ? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Around here it used to be college balls that caused problems. I did some security work at a few years ago. The behaviour was child like and when you consider many who attended them are in government it is no surprise the country is in a mess. At one I caught some upper class twit and his girlfriend trying to get in without paying by climbing a wall. He tried to bribe me, then said don't beat me up. I just marched them with my hand on their shoulders and put them back outside. That was the last thing they wanted. When the balls finished at around 7am they spill onto the streets causing problems. Thankfully much of the city has restrictions on drinking on the street so some of their antics have been curtailed.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jul 16, 2017, 8:10 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #53 of 55 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Behaving at the races ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A coachlod of men came into Perth racecourse this afternoon shouting football chants. Ever vigilant chief security man Steve Horlick was on the case immediately, had a word with the police and I heard no more chants during the afternoon. The course was busy but the day was enjoyable.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 16, 2017, 9:19 PM

Team(s): None

Post #54 of 55 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Behaving at the races ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oddly you see little bad behaviour at Wimbledon, even though spectators are regularly seen drinking whilst viewing the tennis. Even if a mobile phone rings or someone applauds before a point has been won, the umpire will publicly rebuke them. It always seems to work.

jrev61

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Jul 16, 2017, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #55 of 55 (917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Behaving at the races ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You may have hit on something there. While I have only been to one tennis tournament in my life (at the Northern club, when John McEnroe was playing, and at the peak of his powers), I have been to lots of other sporting events and have seldom seen match officials rebuke spectators for bad or ignorant behaviour.

Perhaps they should more often?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3