Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 28, 2017, 6:14 PM

Post #1 of 23 (7468 views)
Shortcut
Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League Can't Post or

News filtering through that the top division looks like having just 9 clubs playing each other three times.

Sinclair United are returning to Horton View Sports Ground for the last couple of seasons they have been playing at Dukes Meadow aka Hanwell Fields.

jfp
Junior Team Star

Jun 28, 2017, 7:53 PM

Team(s): Ducklington, Oxford Utd

Post #2 of 23 (7420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know a few years ago the OFA were trying to establish a County League, rather than having 4 separate mens leagues.
With the Senior, Oxford City and BDLJA all appearing to be short of numbers, I am surprised it has not been mentioned again?
The first Couple of divisions would have presumably had Senior status then a couple of intermediate leagues, then the remainder split into regional divisions.
Does any other County operate in this way?
Guess it could worj with the OFA being quite a small footprint?

acmold

Jun 28, 2017, 8:11 PM

Post #3 of 23 (7403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jfp] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cambridgeshire would be the nearest to achieveing it.

Richard Rundle

Jun 28, 2017, 8:56 PM

Post #4 of 23 (7366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jfp] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The trouble is that the best Step 7 and below club aren't in the Step 7 division. The OSL looks on the surface as if it should be the pinnacle of a county pyramid, but for a number of clubs it would be a step down from where they are now.

jfp
Junior Team Star

Jun 30, 2017, 10:42 PM

Post #5 of 23 (7043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just seen a tweet from Sinclair saying the Premier Division will have 12 teams in it next season and not 8.

knmeynell
Youth Team Star

Jul 2, 2017, 1:08 PM

Post #6 of 23 (6822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jfp] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Guess it could worj with the OFA being quite a small footprint?

Probably something needs to be done as the district leagues are dying a death. However, speaking as someone who was involved at Oxford City FA level which was predominantly park and pub teams, I'm not sure that having to trek up to the north-west of the county would be very attractive for the players at that level. It can still be nearly an hour's drive to some parts of the county from Oxford, and although the OSL doesn't seem to have (m)any South Oxfordshire teams, trying to get from there to the north-west parts would be even less attractive.

Tim

Jul 2, 2017, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #7 of 23 (6805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [knmeynell] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Probably something needs to be done as the district leagues are dying a death.

I don't think that is true. The Witney & District League has four more teams than last season.

acmold

Jul 2, 2017, 1:50 PM

Post #8 of 23 (6797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [knmeynell] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

With the BD&LJ in hindsight the Banbury bit may have been better mergering with the Stratford Alliance and the Lord Jersey bit merging with the North Bucks.

As for a OFA / Oxfordshire League, Henley and the suburbs of Reading to Hornton or Kingham is not really a goer.

acmold

Jul 4, 2017, 8:19 AM

Post #9 of 23 (6573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

Having seen a line up for the Northants Comb it looks like B&D champions Woodford United (Res) have moved to the Comb. Woodford's 1st XI are listed in the Premier as expected but their reserves are listed in the 3rd / 4th division down. In theory that is drop in steps as they could have been "step 8" this season. But we presume some of those players will probably step up to the first team this season.

Tim

Aug 2, 2017, 9:24 AM

Post #10 of 23 (6095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier Division line up, from Charlton & District's website:

AFC Bicester
Bishops Itchington
Bloxham
Broughton & North Newington
Charlton & District
Chasewell Park
Deddington Town
KEA
Middleton Cheney (Reserves)
Sinclair United
Woodford United (Reserves)
Wroxton Sports

(This post was edited by Tim on Aug 2, 2017, 9:27 AM)

acmold

Aug 2, 2017, 9:39 AM

Post #11 of 23 (6085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Premier Division line up, from Charlton & District's website:

AFC Bicester
Bishops Itchington
Bloxham
Charlton & District
Chasewell Park
Deddington Town
KEA
Middleton Cheney (Reserves)
Sinclair United
Woodford United (Reserves)
Wroxton Sports

Relegated (?) - Hornton (fantastic ground), Diverse.

Promoted - AFC Bicester, Bloxham, Charlton & District, Chasewell Park and Wroxton Sports (nice ground), top five in Division One.

Woodford United still listed as having teams in Premier Division (step 7) and Division Three (step 10) of Northants Comb now with fixtures. Banbury top division step 8/9? - Heyford Athletic went from Banbury to top division of OSL last season.

Tim

Aug 14, 2017, 9:28 PM

Post #12 of 23 (5749 views)
Shortcut

All four divisions now on Full Time. A couple of newcomers. No doubt Molders will tell us more in due course.

acmold

Aug 15, 2017, 9:49 AM

Post #13 of 23 (5652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

Line up per Full Time plus notes

Premier

AFC Bicester (P)
Bishop’s Itchington
Bloxham (P)
Charlton & District (P)
Chasewell Park (P)
Deddington Town
K.E.A
Middleton Cheney Reserves
Sinclair Utd
Woodford United Res ?
Wroxton Sports (P)

Division One

AFC Banbury (P - 2 divisions)
Bishop's Itchington Res (P)
Bloxham Res (P)
Bodicote Sports (P)
Chesteton
Finmere
Hornton (R)
K.E.A Res (P - 2 divisions)
S.W.I.S (P)
Steeple Aston (P)

Division Two

AFC Naranja (N / name change)
Aston Folly (N / name change)
Banbury Galaxy (P)
Banbury Sports (P)
Broughton & North Newington Res (P - 2 divisions)
Chacombe
Deddington Town Res (R)
Kings Sutton (P)
Kingsmere United (P)
Magna Exterior Blues (P)
Wroxton Sports Res (P - 2 divisions)

Division Three

Banbury Cross
Bloxbury Athletic (P)
Bodicote Sports Res (P)
Brill United
Charlton & District Res (P)
Chasewell Park Res (P)
Finmere Res (P)
Kings Sutton Res (P)
S.W.I.S Res (P)
Sinclair United Res (N)
Steeple Aston Res (P)

Gone

Premier - Croughton, Diverse

Division One - Banbury United Youth, Heyford Athletic Res (OSL 2)

Division Two - Byfield Athletic, Bicester United (OSL 1)

Division Three - Heyford United

Division Four all clubs promoted a division so division has gone.

Sure there are a couple I have missed ?

Brill United despite being in step 12 are in the B&B cup along side step 6 and 7 teams this season.

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Aug 15, 2017, 5:57 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #14 of 23 (5547 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Premier
AFC Bicester (P)
Bishop’s Itchington
Bloxham (P)
Charlton & District (P)
Chasewell Park (P)
Deddington Town
K.E.A
Middleton Cheney Reserves
Sinclair Utd
Woodford United Res ?
Wroxton Sports (P)

It's Woodford United's third team according to FA Find-a-Club.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

acmold

Aug 15, 2017, 6:11 PM

Post #15 of 23 (5535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

It will be their Reserves or a separate team who always play in the Banbury League. I know the second team in the Northants Comb is listed as reserves but that is step 10 and the Banbury top division is 8 / 9. Heyford Athletic were promoted straight to the top division of the OSL and finished runners up. The Banbury top division is a good standard far better than Northants Comb Three. They are actually listed as Woodford United on Banbury fulltime.

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Aug 15, 2017, 6:31 PM

Post #16 of 23 (5527 views)
Shortcut

No worries, they say on their Facebook page they have three senior sides. For my records I class the Banbury Premier as Level 13 (sometimes 14 if Oxfordshire Senior Division Two is 13).

Regarding Brill United in the Berks & Bucks Cup, I looked at the leagues and the Banbury League is nowhere to be seen. I did think they had a first team in Division One (and folded in the close season so their team in Division Three becomes their first team), but they only had one team last season.

Richard Rundle

Aug 15, 2017, 7:15 PM

Post #17 of 23 (5518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No worries, they say on their Facebook page they have three senior sides. For my records I class the Banbury Premier as Level 13 (sometimes 14 if Oxfordshire Senior Division Two is 13).

Why put the Banbury top division below the Oxon bottom division? I'd say it's more or less on a par with the top division (albeit from a limited sample size)

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Aug 15, 2017, 7:18 PM

Post #18 of 23 (5516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why put the Banbury top division below the Oxon bottom division? I'd say it's more or less on a par with the top division (albeit from a limited sample size)

Its something I've always done, I always make the top division of one league feed the bottom division of another league, although I am open to change.

I don't have a definitive pyramid, when the last few leagues declare their constitution, I'll be updating the pyramid as some have moved up or down as leagues have folded or merged.

acmold

Aug 15, 2017, 7:42 PM

Post #19 of 23 (5506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or

Division Two of the OSL is reserves only, teams from Oxford City F.A will go into Division One. These days if the Champions of the Aylesbury, Banbury or Witney wanted to join they may well go into the Premier other teams into Division One. This season the Bicester team have gone from a lower Division of the Banbury to OSL One. Obviously teams from Banbury could in theory go into Hellenic Two's, North Bucks, Northants Comb, Midland League, Stratford Alliance, Coventry Alliance, Aylesbury League and Wycombe League. Brill have been in numerous leagues in the last 30 years.

Tim

Dec 22, 2017, 8:25 PM

Post #20 of 23 (4567 views)
Shortcut

I am told by a very good source that Kingsmere United are now on their new (3G) ground: Whitelands Farm Sports Ground, Whitelands Way, Bicester, OX26 1AJ

jfp
Junior Team Star

Sep 5, 2018, 5:38 PM

Post #21 of 23 (2181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anyone seen a league set up for this season?
There is nothing on Full Time and cant find anything on a Google search.
Seen a few clubs Facebook pages and the league seemingly started on 1st.

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Sep 5, 2018, 6:51 PM

Post #22 of 23 (2141 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Has anyone seen a league set up for this season?
There is nothing on Full Time and cant find anything on a Google search.
Seen a few clubs Facebook pages and the league seemingly started on 1st.

They're having a problem with the software on FullTime which is why it hasn't been updated for 2018-19. I've seen fixtures from Saturday but no results. I've got this information from Steeple Aston as I was talking to them on Facebook the other day.

This is the constitution:

Premier: Bishops Itchington, Bloxham, Bodicote Sports, Charlton & District, Chasewell Park, Deddington Town, Kingsmere United, Middleton Cheney, Sinclair United, Woodford United

One: Ashton Folly, Bishops Itchington Reserves, Bloxham Reserves, Broughton & North Newington, Finmere, Halse United, Hornton, Kings Sutton, Steeple Aston, SWIS, Wroxton Sports

Two: Banbury Galaxy, Banbury Sports, Bicester Hallions, Banbury Rangers, Bloxbury Athletic, Charlton & District Reserves, Deddington Town Reserves, Hardwick SC, Sinclair United Reserves

Three: AS Hanwell, Bodicote Sports Reserves, Brill United, Chasewell Park Reserves, Kingsmere United Reserves, Finmere Reserves, Kings Sutton Reserves, Steeple Aston Reserves, SWIS Reserves, Wroxton Sports Reserves

Broughton & North Newington were going to have two teams, in the Premier & Two but have since folded their reserve team and dropped down into One.

jfp
Junior Team Star

Sep 5, 2018, 6:55 PM

Post #23 of 23 (2129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Banbury District and Lord Jersey Association League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks - Guessed there had to be something major

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3