Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
West Midlands Regional League 2017-18

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 23, 2017, 7:13 PM

Post #76 of 91 (6268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
As The Dell Stadium is being systematically destroyed by a pack of evil badgers, Dudley Town have been granted permission to play their home games at the Handrahan Stadium until the end of January. Sadly for lovers of the bracketed tick, they have no scheduled midweek games in that period. The cup game on Wednesday shown as a home game is not one - it's at Nuneaton Griff.

And games are 2pm kick offs

villan
First Team Star

Dec 24, 2017, 2:02 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #77 of 91 (5967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was told by Macky that he is no longer with FC Darlaston & that they have left the recreation ground in Hall Street & are now playing home games at Bentley Youth/ ex Red Star Alma. I was hoping to go yesterday as I have not been to the Rec but looks like I have missed the boat again😠

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 25

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 15, 2018, 11:24 AM

Post #78 of 91 (4536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If Newport win this evening they finish runners up, next season they are playing from Eccleshall, so what happens regarding promotion if they win ?? Has there ever been an example where this has happened ? Groundshare was agreed in Jan, they’ve been looking since October last year as current lease holders refusing to do necessary work to upgrade ground. Their reserves also moving to Tibberton and have applied for Staffs league

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

May 16, 2018, 9:41 AM

Post #79 of 91 (4076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bakes] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As far as I remember clubs can't change ground to gain promotion. I think they need to have been at that ground for at least 1 season.

It's also outside the area of the WMRL as Eccleshall play in the NWCL i believe.

I suspect they will be told no in the first instance.

I seem to remember that Stafford Town moved mid season to their current ground but that was down to redevelopment.

I believe it is to stop clubs getting a group of top class players by paying them without bringing the facilities up to standard.

Also known as buying the league.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 16, 2018, 11:14 AM

Post #80 of 91 (4005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They won 4-0 so we will see, Sikh Hunters are in same situation. Newport aren’t moving to gain promotion, they were moving whether they finished top two anyway. They informed the league in January. Seems a stupid rule, if a team is good enough and have earned it then let them go up providing they have the facilities in place, which in this case they will

GRIFFON
First Team Star

May 16, 2018, 11:39 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #81 of 91 (3981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bakes] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any groundshare has to have been in place and passed by relevant league by 31st March according to standard rules for steps five and six.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 16, 2018, 11:56 AM

Post #82 of 91 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was Wink

GRIFFON
First Team Star

May 16, 2018, 12:04 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #83 of 91 (3943 views)
Shortcut

I know, just reiterating the rule. It cannot be used however just to obtain promotion or relegation.
In Newport's case I doubt anything has been, or could have been, done on what has always been a basic ground since I was there last in the early 1990s

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 16, 2018, 12:17 PM

Post #84 of 91 (3924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The funds have been there for 18mths to build concrete spectators area but the lease holders just drag their heels. They’re having a brand new ground which should be ready within 2/3 yrs

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

May 16, 2018, 2:49 PM

Post #85 of 91 (3759 views)
Shortcut

Whereabouts in Newport are they putting the new ground?

Building land is at a premium there.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 16, 2018, 7:04 PM

Post #86 of 91 (3575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Going where the mornflake factory is, opposite the old Audco pitches which ironically were up there with nest pitches in county and are now empty overgrown fields

markust
Youth Team Star

May 16, 2018, 8:15 PM

Post #87 of 91 (3463 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
As far as I remember clubs can't change ground to gain promotion. I think they need to have been at that ground for at least 1 season.

It's also outside the area of the WMRL as Eccleshall play in the NWCL i believe.

I suspect they will be told no in the first instance.

I seem to remember that Stafford Town moved mid season to their current ground but that was down to redevelopment.

I believe it is to stop clubs getting a group of top class players by paying them without bringing the facilities up to standard.

Also known as buying the league.

It's already happened this year. Widnes have been promoted from the NWC Prem to the Evostik.

The Halton Stadium has failed grading since it also failed its FIFA 3G certification (Everton & Liverpool Ladies have moved out already). Widnes have agreed to move to Barnton next year.

The NWC & Evostik have both confirmed they're promoted and the FA have allocated them into the Evostik.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 18, 2018, 11:36 AM

Post #88 of 91 (2985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very interesting this

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

May 18, 2018, 6:44 PM

Post #89 of 91 (2655 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Very interesting this

Any idea if Oakengates are coming back to the West Mids Bakes? Or any other teams joining?

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

May 19, 2018, 12:26 AM

Post #90 of 91 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] West Midlands Regional League 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dont think Gates are no, heard Clee Hill are, Madeley may well fold, SU97 have folded.

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

May 19, 2018, 7:26 PM

Post #91 of 91 (2000 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dont think Gates are no, heard Clee Hill are, Madeley may well fold, SU97 have folded.

At this rate the Shropshire County League might as well fold.

Which is very sad.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3