First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Uncle Ian
Youth Team Sub

Jun 24, 2017, 11:05 AM

Post #1 of 59 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Jeremy at Glastonbury Can't Post or Reply Privately

Today at 4pm. Jeremy at Glastonbury.
Will the BBC cover it? Or have the Tories instructed them not to televise it?

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 24, 2017, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 59 (2901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Uncle Ian] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Paxman?

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 24, 2017, 11:45 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 59 (2884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No Irons , already dressed =

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 24, 2017, 11:56 AM

Post #4 of 59 (2873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Uncle Ian] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Tories dont like it now and are spitting out their dummies as nobody is buying their newspapers which they rely on to spout out their bullshit.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 24, 2017, 12:23 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #5 of 59 (2853 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Why should they show it in their coverage of the festival, other than maybe a passing reference? If it's somehow newsworthy (which I doubt), it should be on the news, but beyond that, surely not.

This bloke also gatecrashed a gig at Tranmere a few weeks ago. Very mixed reaction - people were there for a gig and a good time, not to see a politician. The event made a loss too, which with Corbyn in the place is somehow apt.

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 24, 2017, 4:43 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #6 of 59 (2791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

This bloke also gatecrashed a gig at Tranmere a few weeks ago. Very mixed reaction - people were there for a gig and a good time, not to see a politician. The event made a loss too, which with Corbyn in the place is somehow apt.

I don't think a Tory would get a mixed reaction. Cool

paulh66

Jun 24, 2017, 5:01 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #7 of 59 (2782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The mixed reaction was a mix of indifference and annoyance that the club had unknowingly been used to provide a platform for a politician. Any politician.

acmold

Jun 24, 2017, 5:46 PM

Post #8 of 59 (2764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or

Glastonbury why?. Should be called Pilton?. Really annoying it's on two channels (with equally boring Fomula One Paint Drying and grass wiff waff on others) overpaid egos literally prancing about in front of the great unwashed - please shoot me if you see me near a tent or a caravan / motor home.. Sad old git presenters trying to be on trend. And why has Glastonbury not got no hardstanding, surely grass is a H&S issue. Thankfully I'm off to a soupover after watching Flog it.

garethwrexy

Jun 24, 2017, 5:49 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #9 of 59 (2760 views)
Shortcut

Corbyn like Glastonbury full left winger hippies

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 24, 2017, 8:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 59 (2702 views)
Shortcut

By "gatecrashed" do you mean 'was invited by the organisers and the Festival founder who accompanied him on the stage' ??
I get that a lot of people won't understand why he was there. Those same people will also not get the wave of change that is sweeping over the country.
The Labour Party didn't win the last election but that election has produced a change in Jeremy Corbyn that is quite frankly amazing. A year ago he was being mocked in Parliament by Cameron "for goodness sake man, just go" and I have to admit I was really doubtful he could be any sort of leader at that time.
This election changed all that. He is more confident, more assertive and actually now believes he may get to be in a position where he can start to implement the policies that he believes in. The big difference is that millions of people now believe that too and that number is growing week on week.
This Government will not last long despite dropping pretty much all the policies in their manifesto that people who voted for them actually voted for. With Brexit talks having just started they can't agree on the one thing that they agree on namely the rights of EU/UK citizens living in each others countries and that was supposed to be the easy one!
As this is a football forum, to use a football analogy I think Corbyn got a score draw away at May at the last election. The second leg will surely be coming up soon and with the crowd behind him I would think a Corbyn win is most likely.

paulh66

Jun 24, 2017, 9:32 PM

Post #11 of 59 (2671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, apparently he was a 'special guest' of one of the bands. And I doubt he bought a ticket Tongue

Believe it or not, despite the perceived 'wind of change sweeping over the country' many people do still like the occasional simple pleasure without it being hijacked by a politician. Hopefully there'll be a place in Jezza's inclusive and progressive society for such folk.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 24, 2017, 9:32 PM)

buncranaboy

Jun 24, 2017, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #12 of 59 (2638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Glastonbury why?. Should be called Pilton?. Really annoying it's on two channels (with equally boring Fomula One Paint Drying and grass wiff waff on others) overpaid egos literally prancing about in front of the great unwashed - please shoot me if you see me near a tent or a caravan / motor home.. Sad old git presenters trying to be on trend. And why has Glastonbury not got no hardstanding, surely grass is a H&S issue. Thankfully I'm off to a soupover after watching Flog it.

You really have become the epitome of a moaning old git Molders - Waldorf and Stadler together in one body. Relax and chill out to the sensational Foo Fighters on Beeb 2 at the minute though you've sadly missed Stormzy who would probably have sent you over the edge.
Perhaps on the repeat repeat repeat channel you'll catch an episode of how to scour car boot parking areas for dropped treasure.
Yes, Glasto is on two channels at least; just the six hundred others for you to find something else to hate then...keep looking; you wont be disappointed.

acmold

Jun 24, 2017, 10:30 PM

Post #13 of 59 (2627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or

Sorry but the whole Glastonbury music "scene" is just a load of left wing hippies being ripped off. Shame people can't find more healthy and educational things to do with their time than listen to ageing people who don't want to face up to reality. The most interesting thing about Glastonbury is that the Cluttendon's used to go to the farm for their holidays in the late 70's, and said farm has a prize winning heard of Dairy Cows.

I watched the Speedway Grand Prix from Denmark which was excellent followed by a gritty black & white drama on talking pictures which strangely ended with a death at a speedway stadium, looked like Wimbledon.

If I listen to music I just download something from the worldwide webb, my taste in music is rather laid back bordering on a comatosed style, Jazz to Soul.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 24, 2017, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #14 of 59 (2622 views)
Shortcut

That post should be saved for your 'headstone' - albeit
subbed down somewhat.....Unsure

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 24, 2017, 11:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 59 (2585 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sorry but the whole Glastonbury music "scene" is just a load of left wing hippies being ripped off. Shame people can't find more healthy and educational things to do with their time than listen to ageing people who don't want to face up to reality. The most interesting thing about Glastonbury is that the Cluttendon's used to go to the farm for their holidays in the late 70's, and said farm has a prize winning heard of Dairy Cows.

I watched the Speedway Grand Prix from Denmark which was excellent followed by a gritty black & white drama on talking pictures which strangely ended with a death at a speedway stadium, looked like Wimbledon.

If I listen to music I just download something from the worldwide webb, my taste in music is rather laid back bordering on a comatosed style, Jazz to Soul.

I just have to quote this to represent how out of touch some ppl are.

I'm really not going to bother to argue about all the ppl at Glastonbury being left wing hippies. It really isn't even worthy of being discussed It's that ridiculous.

Isaac

Jun 25, 2017, 12:02 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #16 of 59 (2580 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, I've never been and never will, shouldn't Corbyn have been at armed forces day instead of spouting waffle to people who are so stoned that they'll cheer anything?

acmold

Jun 25, 2017, 6:32 AM

Post #17 of 59 (2526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or

I was being a bit naughty with the left wing hippy bit and borrowing it from our Anglo Welsh Correspondent. The rest of it just bores me silly. If Jeremy wants to turn up so be it, yesterday he probably should have been elsewhere. Whoever is doing his PR seems to have found a number of ways for him to look cool, hip, on trend, etc. Anyway it's a lovely Sunday morning and there is no point wasting it.

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 7:59 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #18 of 59 (2500 views)
Shortcut

I wish the Tories thought that it was just left wing hippies that like Jezza. Cool

As they don't, they're fully Frit of calling another GE Cool

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 11:52 AM

Post #19 of 59 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Late last night I was channel hopping on my television.
I saw our dear leader being feted by some military man who had a dozen medals dangling from his chest (for bravery?). She was ushered to look at a military vehicle with some fawning types laughing with joy at seeing her. There was then a fly-past with our lovely planes gushing a patriotic triple coloured smoke screen behind them. My guess as to the cost of making our dear leader happy was about that of providing around seven homes for our homeless, or, a few hundred food banks to feed our poverty stricken.
On the other side there was a 68 year old bearded man pulling pints at a festival in Somerset. He then got on various stages to speak to 100,000 plus adoring, chanting fans who could resonate with what he was saying. For doing this the right-wing newspapers slagged him off and, in turn, slagged off most people at the Somerset event.
Which of these two people do you think has an understanding of the real world?

(This post was edited by R.S.Cavendish on Jun 25, 2017, 11:55 AM)

justAndy
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2017, 12:05 PM

Team(s): Derby County, with a chunk of my heart still following Hucknall

Post #20 of 59 (2425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Surely, you are not suggesting that folk at Glastonbury are reflective of the 'real world', if you are, then we really are in the pooh. The fly past etc was to celebrate Armed Forces Day, a much more worthy event, imho, than pulling pints at a pop festival

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 1:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 59 (2401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justAndy] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Surely, you are not suggesting that folk at Glastonbury are reflective of the 'real world', if you are, then we really are in the pooh. The fly past etc was to celebrate Armed Forces Day, a much more worthy event, imho, than pulling pints at a pop festival

The three people I know who went to Glastonbury are an accountant, a teacher and the MD of an engineering firm. The latter two are a couple that also took their 2-4yr old kids.

I think a few people need to reassess their assumptions about the makeup of the crowd at Glastonbury and be slightly less sneering.

justAndy
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2017, 1:11 PM

Team(s): Derby County, with a chunk of my heart still following Hucknall

Post #22 of 59 (2391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

The three people I know who went to Glastonbury are an accountant, a teacher and the MD of an engineering firm. The latter two are a couple that also took their 2-4yr old kids.

I think a few people need to reassess their assumptions about the makeup of the crowd at Glastonbury and be slightly less sneering.

Errm, I wasn't 'sneering'. Looking at ticket prices, i respectfully suggest that few, if any unemployed or low paid workers are there, If there are any students, then they will be the less bright ones, who have used up grants on that instead of learning. The folk there are the 20's,30's Britains got extra dancing brother talent voting lot. Radiohead and Foofighters are hardly for the young generation. It will be the folk who voted 'Mrs Browns boys' as the best comedy of the year. They are not to be trusted, they will cheer anything vaguely 'popular'.

The PM* will have had 'Armed Forces day' written firmly into the itinery for the day, had Jezza actually won something and become PM, there would no doubt be a thread about how he refused to attend.

*whoever that might have been

paulh66

Jun 25, 2017, 1:15 PM

Post #23 of 59 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And were these people some of the "100,000 plus adoring, chanting fans who could resonate with what he was saying"? Or do assumptions on both sides of the aisle need reassessing?

End of the day it was just another politician playing to their constituency.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 1:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 59 (2384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justAndy] Jeremy at Glastonbury [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Errm, I wasn't 'sneering'. Looking at ticket prices, i respectfully suggest that few, if any unemployed or low paid workers are there, If there are any students, then they will be the less bright ones, who have used up grants on that instead of learning. The folk there are the 20's,30's Britains got extra dancing brother talent voting lot. Radiohead and Foofighters are hardly for the young generation. It will be the folk who voted 'Mrs Browns boys' as the best comedy of the year. They are not to be trusted, they will cheer anything vaguely 'popular'.

So you're not sneering, but you're saying people there are "less bright" and "not to be trusted". Hmmm.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 1:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 59 (2377 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

And were these people some of the "100,000 plus adoring, chanting fans who could resonate with what he was saying"? Or do assumptions on both sides of the aisle need reassessing?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. The accountant is now a big fan of Corbyn (having not been when he was first elected leader) and was impressed by his speech. I haven't spoken to the couple since though so not sure what they thought.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3