First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Hitchin-John
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 22, 2017, 11:42 AM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #1 of 138 (10118 views)
Shortcut
NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Please use this thread for noting any problems you see with the main site for the 2017–18 season.

(This post was edited by steve walker on Jun 22, 2017, 11:59 AM)

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2017, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 138 (10100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Hello,

Could I suggest some change to the leagues/divisions that are covered on this site

I’ll start with the Lincolnshire League – now it’s at Step 7 – I assume it’s a MUST to be covered on this site?

The Teesside League needs renaming to the North Riding League Premier Division, and as with other Step 7 leagues, its Division One should also be covered on here?

The Central Midlands League now have a Division One sitting underneath its North and South divisions, so should that be on this site too?

I’d maybe also suggest the site stops covering the many lower divisions of the South Devon League that are just filled with reserve teams that very few have any interest in, and maybe scrap coverage of the odd league like the East Berks League and focus more on divisions that are actually much higher up like the Aylesbury and Wycombe Leagues whose top divisions feed into the SSML Div Two, making them effectively Step 8 divisions!

Maybe the Hellenic Div Twos should be covered in the Step 7 and below section too?

drawoh
First Team Sub

Jun 22, 2017, 1:40 PM

Post #3 of 138 (10087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hello,

Could I suggest some change to the leagues/divisions that are covered on this site

I’ll start with the Lincolnshire League – now it’s at Step 7 – I assume it’s a MUST to be covered on this site?

The Teesside League needs renaming to the North Riding League Premier Division, and as with other Step 7 leagues, its Division One should also be covered on here?

The Central Midlands League now have a Division One sitting underneath its North and South divisions, so should that be on this site too?

I’d maybe also suggest the site stops covering the many lower divisions of the South Devon League that are just filled with reserve teams that very few have any interest in, and maybe scrap coverage of the odd league like the East Berks League and focus more on divisions that are actually much higher up like the Aylesbury and Wycombe Leagues whose top divisions feed into the SSML Div Two, making them effectively Step 8 divisions!

Maybe the Hellenic Div Twos should be covered in the Step 7 and below section too?

I agree with your first three points.

I don't agree with your final point - Hellenic League. I believe that the two Div Twos are reserve divisions, and that there is no promotion or relegation between the Div One and Div Two leagues.

Regarding your fourth point - uncertain about this one. You've definitely got a point there - what do others feel?

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 22, 2017, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 138 (10080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Regarding your fourth point - uncertain about this one. You've definitely got a point there - what do others feel?
================================================================

As I occasionally helped John inputting results it got to the stage that I told him I would help but not the South Devon or York lower divs , their a pain , who's interested in XX Res v YYY 5ths ?
It would help if people who are supposed to be looking after leagues did so !Fixtures always there results not so.
===============================================================

Eng. 0- 0- 0- 0 -0- ( 0- 0) - ( I=0- N=0-S= 0 )- (IN =0 -IS=1 - NN=1- NS=0 - SC=-0-SC=0 ) - (CC= 1- 0-0 -0- 0-0- 0- 0-0-0-0- 0-0 -0) - ( 0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0 -0- 0- 0- 0- 0- 0 -0 -0 -0 -0- 0). TBC.

Benelux.
B. 0-0-0 - ( 0- 0 - 0 -0) - ( 0- 2 - 0 - 0)
L. 0 -0.
N. 0 -0 -0.

Iberia.
P. 0 - 1.
Sp. 1 - 1.

Hitchin-John
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 22, 2017, 2:11 PM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #5 of 138 (10074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Regarding the South Devon fixtures and results. There were so many changes to fixtures on the FA Full Time Site that it became almost impossible to determine the latest fixtures.

For the last few months of last season, it was easier to create NO fixtures but I made a point of copying results from Full Time to NLM on completion of the games. This ensured that both sites agreed but NLM lost it's prime objective of displaying fixtures in advance (min 2 weeks ) for our viewers.

Quite happy to see additional leagues, but happier still to see more Editors to maintain them.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 22, 2017, 3:49 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 138 (10036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I think what happened with the South Devon and York was that back in the day someone would come along and say "please please add all divisions for this League and I will maintain it cross my heart" and then buggered off.
We could remove the South Devon altogether since it is such a pain and maybe also remove all but the top two divisions of the York.
As for adding leagues, yes it's really down to more Editors or there are 7 Admins plus myself who have access to all divisions. I can try and input a bit more than I do as I think Hitchin John probably does way more than he should need to so sure, we can add more leagues if we get more editors and more admin input. So I will leave it up to them to decide, it's voluntary after all, not a job.

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2017, 4:10 PM

Post #7 of 138 (10034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In an ideal world for the new season I would advocate

Removing
South Devon League Div Two, Three, Four and Five
East Berkshire League Div One and Two
York League Div Two, Three and Four
Aldershot & District League
All but the top Two divisions of the Bedfordshire County League

Adding
Lincolnshire League (Step 7)
Aylesbury & District League Premier Division (Step 8)
Wycombe & District League Senior Division (Step 8)
Durham Alliance Combination League (Step 8)

Other divisions at notional Step 8 level that it could be argued are “less important” or of lower standard that are not currently covered on the site are the following

• Swindon & District League and Trowbridge & District League (whose top divisions are both direct feeders to the Step 7 Wiltshire League)

• Boston & District League, East Lincolnshire Combination, Scunthorpe & District League (whose top divisions are all direct feeders to the newly upgraded Step 7 Lincolnshire League)

But maybe they could be catered for if the site stopped covering some of the third tiers of current Step 7 divisions (like the WRCAL Div Two and the Notts Senior Legaue Div Two)

Maybe it’s best to cover all Step 7 and (notional) Step 8 divisions first and then see what else can be sensibly covered after that?

I could help out with updating some of the new ones if needed!

Richard Rundle

Jun 22, 2017, 9:15 PM

Post #8 of 138 (9980 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Are we sure that's going to be the name of the new league? I thought it was going to be called the Teesside & Eskvale League.

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2017, 9:52 PM

Post #9 of 138 (9966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Couple of name changes that haven't taken affect in the new 17-18 tables on the site

Darlington 1883 are now Darlington
Beaconsfield SYCOB are now Beaconsfield Town
And Shaw Lane AFC should just be Shaw Lane!

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2017, 9:58 PM

Post #10 of 138 (9963 views)
Shortcut

ML
Alvis Sporting are now Coventry Alvis
Hinckley AFC should be just Hinckley

NCEL
Barton Town Old Boys are now just Barton Town

drawoh
First Team Sub

Jun 23, 2017, 6:11 AM

Post #11 of 138 (9926 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Darlington 1883 are now Darlington
Beaconsfield SYCOB are now Beaconsfield Town
And Shaw Lane AFC should just be Shaw Lane!

ML
Alvis Sporting are now Coventry Alvis
Hinckley AFC should be just Hinckley

NCEL
Barton Town Old Boys are now just Barton Town

All changed. Thanks for pointing these out!

We've now migrated everything from Step 1 to Step 6, apart from the Hellenic League. If there's anything else that looks amiss, please let us know.

kirby knitters

Jun 23, 2017, 10:01 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #12 of 138 (9898 views)
Shortcut

Hinckley AFC should just be Hinckley?

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2017, 4:24 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #13 of 138 (9845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yes, or you could theoretically stick "AFC" on the end of every club's name. Not necessary.

kirby knitters

Jun 23, 2017, 4:34 PM

Post #14 of 138 (9842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, or you could theoretically stick "AFC" on the end of every club's name. Not necessary.

I thought Sarumio was posting a statement of fact not a preference of names

Kirby Muxloe FC.

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2017, 4:39 PM

Post #15 of 138 (9840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Nope just meant FC/AFC being left off is the norm for all other clubs and Hinckley should be no different

Northumbrian
Youth Team Regular

Jun 23, 2017, 7:05 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #16 of 138 (9811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

To clear up the confusion re. the name of the new league I have emailed the North Riding FA. Their Governance Administrator replied confirming it will be called The North Riding Football League.

kirby knitters

Jun 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

Post #17 of 138 (9700 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Nope just meant FC/AFC being left off is the norm for all other clubs and Hinckley should be no different

Apart from Diamonds it seems!Sly

Kirby Muxloe FC.

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Jun 26, 2017, 8:14 PM

Post #18 of 138 (9530 views)
Shortcut

They are still known as Hinckley AFC on the MFL website and Full Time so that is their official name.Angelic

kirby knitters

Jun 27, 2017, 9:42 AM

Post #19 of 138 (9452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

That's why I questioned the naming of the club on here mate. There was a rumpus about the naming of LR Res/ LR Dev on here and the consensus was how they were named elsewhere officially but as I said at the time it made no odds to me what they were called but it does seem a wee bit strange.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Jun 27, 2017, 11:32 AM

Post #20 of 138 (9432 views)
Shortcut

Totally agree with you pal.
Their programme also uses their correct title throughout. As far as I can see they are the only club to use AFC in the two top divisions, although Wulfrunians do have it before their name.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Jul 6, 2017, 1:57 PM

Team(s): Bo'ness United/Cowdenbeath/Wasps

Post #21 of 138 (8614 views)
Shortcut

Both NWCP (4, this season only) & SCEP (2) are missing one relegation position.

Professional cretin.

drawoh
First Team Sub

Jul 6, 2017, 3:55 PM

Post #22 of 138 (8594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Both NWCP (4, this season only) & SCEP (2) are missing one relegation position.

In view of the probable changes in sizes of Step 5 & 6 divisions in season 2018–19, relegation from Step 5 divisions at the end of the forthcoming season is likely to be very different from how we have known in recent seasons. However, until we know anything definite, I've made the changes suggested by you.

kirby knitters

Jul 8, 2017, 10:21 AM

Post #23 of 138 (8398 views)
Shortcut

Ilkeston Town need adding to MFL Div 1.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

multilevel
Youth Team Star

Jul 8, 2017, 3:11 PM

Post #24 of 138 (8368 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ilkeston Town need adding to MFL Div 1.

Done.

steve walker
Administrator

Jul 11, 2017, 10:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 138 (8071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] NLM Main Site - errors and corrections 2017–18 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Don't do maps by the way.. I have a whole load from Mr MapMan to add to the site.... mileage charts if anyone wants to do them now that is a different matter :)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3