Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
When to give up looking for missing programmes?

mccains
Junior Team Sub

Jun 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 12 (3924 views)
Shortcut
When to give up looking for missing programmes? Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have been collecting Berks & Bucks FA Saturday & Sunday Cup Final programmes for over 25 years.

I am always looking to add to my collection but have come to a stop.

I have tried putting requests in local newspapers without any success. The problem is teams are no longer in existence and referees/linesman who are still about have not kept programmes from their Finals.

The Berks & Bucks FA who have been very helpful over the years do not keep copies of past County Cup Final programmes.

When do collectors give up looking for missing programmes?

NewBlue
Junior Team Star

Jun 12, 2017, 1:19 PM

Team(s): Chester FC, Runcorn Linnets, OGC Nice

Post #2 of 12 (3894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mccains] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have been collecting Berks & Bucks FA Saturday & Sunday Cup Final programmes for over 25 years.

When do collectors give up looking for missing programmes?

Usually about a week before one pops up. In some cases it is just possible that there are none left, or rarely that none were issued (e.g. 1986 Cheshire Senior Cup final).

mccains
Junior Team Sub

Jun 12, 2017, 5:59 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 12 (3787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NewBlue] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The programmes I am missing for the Berks & Bucks Sunday Cups would have been single sheet issues. Giving team line-ups, a bit about each team and how they reached the Final.

It could be that the people who had them didn't realise that the single sheets were the programme.

aicwhu
Reserve Team Star

Jun 12, 2017, 8:05 PM

Team(s): west ham

Post #4 of 12 (3736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mccains] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't give up but I do realise at the rate I knock off any missing
ones that I will have to take my wants spread-sheet with me when
I leave this place for good

andrew c

pokal02
First Team Star

Jul 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #5 of 12 (2856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aicwhu] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I never give up either. I'm down to 2 (I think) for Barnet post 64/65. The problem is knowing whether a prog was issued at some games I didn't go to, where I have relied on anecdotal evidence and 'balance of probability', eg all sorts of King's Lynn v Barnet progs from the mid 60's & early 70's turn up frequently but none from 68/69 or 69/70 making me think it's very unlikely that a prog was issued for either.

grantham
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 14, 2017, 2:52 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

King's Lynn v Grantham 69/70 is on my wants list, and having spoken to a few Lynn fans and a collector, they have informed me that production of programmes and team sheets was very adhoc during this period.

Despite a crowd of 1400, no programme seems to exist for our FA Trophy tie

The Football Archives -------- Programmehut.com

pokal02
First Team Star

Jul 14, 2017, 5:29 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #7 of 12 (2699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grantham] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The other Bees ones I'm only 80-90% sure no prog issued were:
Bath 69/70, Poole 71/72, Nuneaton FAT 2nd replay @ Banbury 72/73, Wellingboro, Corby, Tamworth & Merthyr 75/76, Redditch & Kettering 78/79, Runcorn 82/83 and Runcorn FAT 3rd replay 83/84, Tring HSC 12/13, B Stortford HSC 13/14 (all away games). Also Wisbech EPF 66/67 (A) and most EPF home games in 69/70. Any confirmation gratefully received.
The ones I'm 99-100% sure no prog issued were Lowestoft 71/72 FAT (H) Bilston 72/73 FAC replay (A), Stevenage 75/76 (A), Hertford (HSC) (H) 78/79, Frickley (A) 81/82.

(This post was edited by pokal02 on Jul 14, 2017, 5:31 PM)

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Jul 15, 2017, 9:57 AM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #8 of 12 (2581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

never will give up looking for GORNAL ATHLETIC progs, so many gaps, but just picked up a Wyrley Rangers v Gornal 2003/4 in the J.W.Hunt Cup so you never know....anyone out with any odd Gornals please pm me....

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 15, 2017, 11:08 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #9 of 12 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've had odd Gornals ever since copping an unfortunate one
outside an east London night club in the 70s....

My Non-League programme wants are regularly updated in the, errr, programmes section.

MACKY
Youth Team Regular

Jul 16, 2017, 11:09 AM

Team(s): Darlaston, Dudley Town, Gornal Ath, Dudley Sports, Bilston, Willenhall,

Post #10 of 12 (2429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm the same as Grumpy, I collect Darlaston, Dudley Town & WMRL finals and refuse to give in. I tend to find stuff up North & down South, as the programmes I am after have been exchanged among clubs years ago. Just found a Gornal v Dudley FAT from 74 do you need it Grump?

town ender
Youth Team Sub

Jul 18, 2017, 7:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 12 (2178 views)
Shortcut

Just spotted this. The Runcorn - Barnet trophy 3rd replay would have been 84/85 and having been at the game I can confirm 100% that there was no programme issued of any sort for this one.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 18, 2017, 12:30 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #12 of 12 (2116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [town ender] When to give up looking for missing programmes? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just spotted this. The Runcorn - Barnet trophy 3rd replay would have been 84/85 and having been at the game I can confirm 100% that there was no programme issued of any sort for this one.

I too have just spotted this and I too was at the game. If you want a second opinion, I'm sure town ender is correct as I've always made a point of getting a prog from the games I attend but don't have one for this. Game was played 7/3/85, 4-0 to Runcorn, att 614.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3