Reserve Team Sub

May 19, 2017, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 8 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Friday 19th May 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

South Cards Cup Final @Llandysul. KO 18:30

Pencader 5 v 0 Llanboidy

A pleasant drive this evening from my base in the Brechfa forest, across the "mountain" as my B&B host described it to Llandysul. Arriving early afforded me time for a pre match pint in the gbg listed Porth hotel. Evan Evans Brittania on offer.

The ground looked great in the evening sunshine, railed on both sides each with advertising boards all along. Pitch was in excellent condition, unusual for this league was the fact that the grass had been cut!

This is effectively the 2nd division cup and Pencader had finished second and their opponents 4th (only 6 teams in the division). Llanboidy were undone by two set pieces, the first a header from a corner in the first minute, the second from a free kick. A third was added before half time following a defensive mistake and the game was effectively over.

Little happened until half an hour in to the second period when Pencader added their 4th followed by a shot that went through the keeper to complete the scoring. boidy finally had a shot on target in the 83rd minute, palmed away by the keeper. Definitely the best team won, a shame for Llanboidy as they had the majority of the crowd and ran a coach for the match.

Admission 3, no programme, Tea and a hot dog 2.50. Crowd circa 150.

Drive back via the Talardd Arms also gbg for a pint of Evan Evans Warrior and back across the mountain, through the forest with the setting sun in the rear view mirror. What a great day, if only it was always like this.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 19, 2017, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 8 (1724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Greater Glasgow Premier League Cup Final (@ Cambuslang)
Craigneuk 2-0 Glasgow University B
Att c250, adm 2, no paper, scotch pie 1

Had little expectation when I discovered this fixture other than codofthenorth's recent favourable write-up of the ground and few hours of fresh air. How mistaken I was - this was a very good game in front of a vocal crowd, and both the entertainment and quality on show would put a fair bit of what I've seen at steps 5 and 6 in England this season to shame. And the ground is a typical Juniors beaut - only thing I can add to Mr Cod's fine testimony being the photos on the excellent nonleaguescotland website here:
http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/cambuslang.htm

The 90 minutes flew by, just a shame it was played in incessant rain, though with the extensive covered terracing here this was no problem for the fans. The game had a good tempo, both teams looked decent on the ball and always aimed to attack in an end to end, open encounter. Overall it was hard to believe this was division 1 v division 3 in a city amateur league.

Good atmosphere from both sets of fans too as the game was finely poised through to injury time when a lovely lob by the Craigneuk forward sealed the win. Goalless and even first half, Craigneuk took the lead from a penalty just before the hour. That looked as if it'd be enough but the students staged a late rally but just lacked the quality in the final touch. Craigneuk were always dangerous on the break and the manner of the second was perhaps fitting.

Big celebrations at the final whistle showed this game really meant something, and even for this neutral this was easily one of the better evening's entertainment I've had this season.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on May 19, 2017, 10:17 PM)

barcud-coch
First Team Regular

May 19, 2017, 10:17 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Penybont United 2 Llandrindod Wells 4

The Racecourse: Penybont Invitational Cup Final

This evening saw the culmination of this competition as the football season draws towards its conclusion in mid Wales. The host club invite three other local teams to compete for their cup at the end of each campaign in a week-long event that includes a junior football festival on the following Sunday. The two semi-finals took place at the ground at the beginning of the week, as the home club defeated holders Builth Wells 4-2 on Monday evening, whilst Llandrindod Wells eventually beat local rivals Newbridge 5-1 some 24 hours later. The finalists have experienced somewhat contrasting fortunes this term in their respective divisions of the Spar Mid Wales League. Penybont United finished bottom of the Second Division and completed their league campaign with a 3-1 defeat at Dyffryn Banw. Llandrindod Wells finished in the lower-half of the First Division but had a Radnorshire Cup success to show for their efforts. The Spa Men concluded their league fixtures on a high with a 5-2 home over Bow Street at the end of April. A reasonable-sized crowd was in attendance for the final on what was a much better evening weather-wise, compared to the semi-final ties earlier in the week, as The Racecourse was bathed in bright sunshine for most of the evening.

The hosts went ahead as early as the eighth minute when a deep free-kick into the penalty area was headed home. But the Spa Men responded virtually straight after the restart when captain Robbie Nicholls' shot from just over 20 yards out found the top corner of the Penybont United goal and gave the home custodian no chance. Llandrindod Wells then took a lead they would not lose this evening, when the villagers' goalkeeper was lobbed from nearly 25 yards, after coming off his line in attempt to clear the ball from his penalty area. The visitors doubled their advantage ten minutes later when Kieran McCarley eventually forced the ball home from close range after the Penybont United defence and custodian had prevented a couple of previous efforts in quick succession. The hosts were back in the contest in the 55th minute when the hard-working Jake Parr netted from close range after the Spa Men's defence failed to deal properly with a cross into their penalty area. Llandrindod Wells regained their two-goal advantage just four minutes after the interval when a low cross from the right flank was converted by Ryan Sims at the far post. The hosts did not give-up despite that goal. as Parr saw a bicycle kick fly just over the crossbar and then a 77th minute corner was headed narrowly wide, but it was the visitors that would take the trophy home with them.

2016/17 Statistics
Goals: 871
Matches: 202
New Grounds: 25

cherryhopper
First Team Star

May 20, 2017, 12:07 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #4 of 8 (1559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seaton Challenge Cup Final @ Seaton Town FC - KO 1830
Seaton Town 1-0 Upottery
Estimated headcount 170
Admission 2 including programme

Hosts survived having a player sent off and the visitors missing two penalties to lift the cup. The first penalty miss came in the 35th minute skyed over the bar hitting a lamp post behind which rattled for a good while afterwards. The only goal came early in the second half, from memory it was the number 7 stabbing a low shot from the edge of the 6 yard box which trickled past the keeper's left into the bottom corner. Not long after the hosts had a player sent off and soon were awarded another penalty, this time on target but it was a tame effort which the keeper easily saved to his left, it was enough for him to earn the man of the match award as the 10 men held on to lift the trophy. It was a pleasant mild evening at the start of the game, then the heavens opened just before half time, still raining when the sun came back out at the start of the second half which produced a spectacular rainbow.

My second visit to the ground, the stand looks more modern than I remember though it may be the same roof I'm sure when I first visited there were wooden benches inside offering a more elevated view than the three rows of green plastic seats bolted onto two shallow concrete steps of terracing, maybe this is good enough to satisfy the SWPL ground graders should they wish to move up in the future and at least as much of this ground is as accessible as Teignmouth, spectators were allowed to watch from the caravan park side, only the far end a no go area.

leohoenig
Administrator

May 20, 2017, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 8 (1370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FC Chambly-Oise 4-0 Quevilly Rouen Metropole
French National League
Admission 8, Programme Free, Attendance 1464

For more detail, see international hopping, http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/...orum.cgi?post=806797
I will add photos and post more on the blog later, while there is already one view on instagram https://www.instagram.com/.../?taken-by=hoenigleo

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

(This post was edited by leohoenig on May 20, 2017, 9:46 AM)

Dr Love
First Team Star

May 20, 2017, 11:31 AM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #6 of 8 (1281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dee Road Rangers 6-4 Woodley Wanderers
Tilehurst Charity Cup Final

Premier division runners-up Woodley came close to an upset against senior division champions Dee Road. The first half saw the two sides trade good goals, before a late penalty saw Woodley deservedly lead 2-1 at the interval. Dee Road had the better of the second half, without converting any of their chances. Woodley had a few good opportunities on the break as the half went on, eventually extending their lead with about 5 minutes to play. Dee Road pulled one back almost immediately and forced extra time with a 90th minute penalty. Two goals in the first extra 15 minutes made it 5-3. before the sides traded goals in just after the final restart. The Woodley keeper was sent off following the final goal to restore the two goal advantage, presumably for something said or done after it went in. Plenty of chances, disallowed goals, some very good goals and the game in the balance to the end.

Only the lower West stand open, and I presume this will be the same for the two games today.

royals26
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 21, 2017, 3:19 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #7 of 8 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Dee Road Rangers 6-4 Woodley Wanderers
Tilehurst Charity Cup Final

+2 for here

Admission : 5 + free competition programmme - Free parking around Stadium.

Attendance: didn't do headcount - not easy when all 'crammed' into the Lower West @ the M'stad - poss. somewhere between 150 & 200.

Match: as described above - Lower ranked R&DSFL 'Premier' runners-up pushed the top level 'Senior' division champions DRR, well into extra time before they succumbed. Indeed deservedly led 3-1 going into the latter stages of normal time, before two very quick goals sent us into the extra 30 mins.

DRR 'coach/trainer' (& Hellenic Premier side Highmoor/IBIS manager) Marcus Richardson came on 2nd half and his general presence in attack had the desired effect late on. He also nodded in the 5th on the back post with a towering header.

There were a few H/I staff & squad players sat up at the northern end of the West Stand near us, giving him a fair amount of (well-humoured) stick but he definitely influenced the result of the game.

Plenty of local Saturday 'names' in the DRR line up this evening but their 'pedigree' didn't shine through until WW tired late on.

kirby knitters
Man City Transfer Target!

May 22, 2017, 2:31 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 8 (882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Friday 19th May 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brandenburgliga.

SV Falkensee-Finkenkrug 4 FC Eisenhuttenstadt 0.

Ever visited a ground only to realise you've been before? This happened to me tonight (yep even with such a crazy name!) i sussed it the minute i left the station (my second trip of the day to this state after having crossed the Oder bridge at Frankfurt for essential supplies earlier.

Nice enough ground if a little on the sparse side. 4 entry fee and no paper

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3