INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 13, 2017, 11:56 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #1 of 8 (7012 views)
Shortcut
Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Released by the FA this evening. Available at http://www.thefa.com/...o-4-allocated-140517, and the official document is also attached to this post.
Attachments: step-1-to-4-nls-club-allocations-2017-18.pdf (241 KB)

royboy
Reserve Team Regular

May 29, 2017, 3:27 PM

Team(s): Borrowash

Post #2 of 8 (4891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anybody know of any appeals being lodged?

I understand the period for any such appeals has now expired.

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Regular

May 30, 2017, 4:12 PM

Team(s): Alfreton Town

Post #3 of 8 (4231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When is the last time Altrincham played at Step 3?

"the force is strong with this one"

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 30, 2017, 4:41 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4 of 8 (4190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarkSithLord] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

They played in the Northern Premier League in 1998-99 (step 2 at that time) They haven't played lower than that since the formation of the NPL.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on May 30, 2017, 5:34 PM)

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 30, 2017, 6:12 PM

Post #5 of 8 (4056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

They played in the Northern Premier League in 1998-99 (step 2 at that time).

Also 2000-04.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

May 30, 2017, 11:41 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #6 of 8 (3639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Also 2000-04.

Which was also Step 2. We have never played at Step 3 as such, although comparisons become more difficult as you go further back in history, prior to the formation of the Northern Premier League when leagues were much more regionally based in the north. The team who had to seek re-election to the Cheshire County League in 1960-61 might have been an equivalent to relegation to step 3.

That was before I was born, but was soon followed by a dramatic improvement in fortune, so let's hope for the same. New management and some decent signings do give me hope for a immediate return to step 2.

I am starting to sound like an old man I used to know who said that this was the worst team for 50 years (although he ruined the force of his argument by saying that every single week), but the team from the first half of last season was the worst I have seen in 43 years of support, beating the team of Autumn 2002 to that dubious honour.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 30, 2017, 11:58 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Also 2000-04.

Which was also Step 2.

I know.

I replied to Tykeoldboy because I suspected he mistakenly thought Alty's two seasons in the NPL in the late 90s were their last before this season's relegation.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 8, 2017, 9:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #8 of 8 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royboy] Official Step 1-4 Allocations 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does anybody know of any appeals being lodged?

I understand the period for any such appeals has now expired.

The Northern Premier League reported that two days ago the FA Leagues Committee met to finalise the allocations of clubs to steps 3 and 4. The NPL was able to confirm in full the implications for its league, with the changes since the initial allocations (per opening post in this thread) being the removal of Ilkeston, the resultant reprieve of Goole to Div 1 North and the consequential shift of Frickley to Div 1 South.

I can't see that either the Isthmian or Southern Leagues have released any info on this meeting, which might suggest there are still uncertainties or matters to be resolved. Two come to mind, though there may be more we don't know about. Of the two, Hertford have officially announced they'll be taking promotion from step 5 in place of London Colney, though I don't see either the Isthmian or Southern have announced this themselves, whereas the second situation is whether Shoreham will replace Haywards Heath as the promotee from step 5.

If anyone is aware of anything else that's been officially announced following this FA meeting two days ago maybe they could add it here.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3