New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

May 13, 2017, 9:17 PM

Team(s): Southampton FC

Post #1 of 7 (4519 views)
Shortcut
New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry to bother you but i have started a new twitter site to share photos of non league programmes so i thought id share that here. I am going through my collection and will share the front page and any other interesting pages. I am also getting people to send their photos when they attend a game so those of us not there can have a look. Finally, i hope to share news about who is issuing and who isn't. I couldn't find any other twitter sites doing the same thing but if there is i am happy to promote their site too.
I am a big non league and matchday programme fan so this site is aiming to give positive coverage to both.

Oh the name, yes of course its @nonlgeprogs or use the hashtag #nlprogs

Many thanks,
Chris

My twitter account is @tuckster07 and for non league matchday programmes use @nonlgeprogs #nlprogs

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

Aug 17, 2017, 1:47 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southampton07] New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi all,

Just to say that 3 months after setting up @nonlgeprogs we are seeing some great programmes (old and new) and some great stories surface as programmes are shared. I have been so encouraged to see the enthusiasm for the humble match day programme and it's taking more and more of my time dealing with all the notifications!

It has been great to see how many young people are engaging in programme design and editing which seems to buck the suggestion that its a dying art. On that subject the innovation seen in Frickley Athletic's match day programme this season is simply stunning!

We love to see any non league programmes from upcoming matches back to pre 1950s and we have a theme each week to keep things interesting. It's designed to be a positive forum where those involved in programmes can get ideas, share their work and basically be encouraged.

If you are on twitter give us a follow and make sure your local non league side are following too. If you are not on twitter you can still view the page here https://twitter.com/NonLgeProgs (i think). The hope is that the site can encourage a few more people to attend their local non league team and buy a programme and contribute to positively to their finances!

Finally, it's been lovely to see people's passion renewed for non league programmes through the site, many have been up in their lofts and dusting off their collections, the more the better so look forward to seeing your programmes too!
Chris

My twitter account is @tuckster07 and for non league matchday programmes use @nonlgeprogs #nlprogs

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Aug 30, 2017, 9:15 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southampton07] New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't 'twit' myself but have asked someone who does to send a couple.
I do a regular feature on old programmes, the last two have been St Ippolyts and Clancey Halesowen.

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

Aug 30, 2017, 11:28 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hiya,
Ok thanks for this, look forward to seeing them! Where do your regular programme articles sit? Would love to read them and share the link with our followers if they are online?
You should be able to view our twitter page without having a twitter sign on, google nonlgeprogs / twitter and it normally lets you view the page without having your own sign in. Anyway thanks again! Chris

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Aug 30, 2017, 11:38 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1513 views)
Shortcut

The articles appear in issues of our programme and we are currently on number 205 this Saturday which is Clancey Halesowen. Unfortunately they have never been put online. I have all the texts saved online and can email any of them although I don't keep the cover photos with them
Have sent you a PM.
Have had a look online and some good stuff on there.

(This post was edited by GRIFFON on Aug 30, 2017, 11:39 AM)

Southampton07
Junior Team Star

Sep 8, 2017, 9:09 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] New Twitter Site for Non League Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi sorry for the delay in responding, sounds like you have been making a great contribution to the programme there! will reply to your DM now. If anyone with Twitter savvy at your club could be pointed to our twitter site it would be good to get some pictures of your hard work shown to our followers - they love great content and clubs from national league through to sunday league! Have a great weekend, sorry again about the delay, started a new job but no excuse..
Blessings,
Chris

Bigaitch
Youth Team Star

Oct 3, 2017, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #7 of 7 (573 views)
Shortcut

Just had a look on your twitter feed, that is awesome. Really enjoyed reading that.
Really good idea, I wish I had thought of it myself!!

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3