Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Obituaries and Remembrances:
Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper)

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 11, 2017, 10:46 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 9 (4472 views)
Shortcut
Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper) Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barry Neighbour, a.k.a. Sandhurstbee of this parish, sadly passed away yesterday morning (Wednesday 10th May 2017).

Barry was taken to hospital last Thursday with what was diagnosed as double pneumonia and sadly lost his battle yesterday.

I will sorely miss Barry who I count as a friend as well as someone who posted on here,
it was always a pleasure to meet up with Barry and family.

My thoughts are with Linda and the family.

R.I.P. Barry.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 278 /236 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 24 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 19. Good run (19) until tonight 22 / 06.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by John Treleven on May 12, 2017, 6:39 AM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 11, 2017, 2:41 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 9 (4314 views)
Shortcut
re Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shocking news. A decent sort who didn't let his existing difficulties stop him enjoying his hopping and his beloved Bees. Condolences to his family.

(This post was edited by John Treleven on May 12, 2017, 6:40 AM)

Chelsea Spud
Youth Team Regular

May 11, 2017, 4:17 PM

Team(s): Chelsea

Post #3 of 9 (4260 views)
Shortcut
re Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another top man lost from the football world. Such a sad day

(This post was edited by John Treleven on May 12, 2017, 6:33 AM)

dw1908
Junior Team Star

May 11, 2017, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #4 of 9 (4148 views)
Shortcut

Very sad news - a really decent bloke and someone who I was privileged to call a friend. Condolences to the family.

Sm1d
Reserve Team Regular

May 11, 2017, 7:41 PM

Team(s): Heed & Toon

Post #5 of 9 (4099 views)
Shortcut

Linda contacted me this morning to tell me the news.

A really nice man who will be sadly missed. RIP Barry.

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.co.uk

#HeedHopper

nervous rec
Reserve Team Regular

May 11, 2017, 10:24 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #6 of 9 (4004 views)
Shortcut

Shocked and saddened by this news. Genuinely nice bloke who was always pleasant and interesting to talk to when we met at games on the local football scene. Condolences to Linda and the family

Football seen in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Italy Czech Republic, Ukraine, Gibraltar, Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, U.S.A., Canada, Portugal, and Slovakia.

Divisions completed: Combined Counties Division 1, Hellenic League Division 1 East, SW Peninsula League Premier Division, SW Peninsula League Division 1 West, Welsh Premier League, Welsh League Division 1 & 2, Welsh Alliance Premier Division, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

(This post was edited by John Treleven on May 12, 2017, 6:34 AM)

dottirofhod

May 12, 2017, 1:53 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 9 (3926 views)
Shortcut

Neighbours visit the Conygar Bridge Meadow Tweet

Haverfordwest County welcomed the Neighbours to the Conygar Bridge Meadow Stadium as Barry Neighbour and his wife Linda were the latest pair of ‘Ground Hoppers’ to watch a match as the Bluebirds entertained Cwmbran Celtic in the Welsh League.

‘Ground Hoppers’ is the generic term used to describe that rare breed of football supporters who love to visit as many grounds in the UK as possible, buying a memento and ticking off another club visited.

Barry and Linda are something of a rarity in the sense that most ground hoppers are male, single and travel on their own or in small groups, rather than as husband and wife like the Neighbours.

They hail from Sandhurst, in Berkshire and are regular supporters of Brentford, who were away to Carlisle on the day they travelled down to Haverfordwest - so they watched Port Talbot beat Carmarthen on Friday evening and then reached the Conygar Bridge Meadow bright and early on Saturday.

Ask Linda about her interest in football and she would admit that she hadn’t seen a football match before she met Mr. Neighbour.“That was in 1974 and we watched them Brentford play against Lincoln City – and I was hooked,” said Linda with a chuckle.

Barry played football as a youngster with his works team but since then his travels have taken him to an amazing total of over 1,500 clubs, with Old Trafford and the new Wembley inevitably amongst his favourite stadia.

Of the top sides he only has to visit Sunderland and Wigan, plus around ten other clubs in the professional game in England, some of whom have switched grounds since he was last there, like Brighton, Rotherham and Morecambe.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 278 /236 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 24 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 19. Good run (19) until tonight 22 / 06.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by John Treleven on May 12, 2017, 6:42 AM)

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 12, 2017, 5:21 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #8 of 9 (3698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] re Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Met Barry a few times, smashing bloke and will be sadly missed. Once a Bee always a Bee.

UKPunk

May 23, 2017, 8:47 PM

Post #9 of 9 (3104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] re Barry Neighbour "Sandhurstbee" (Brentford supporter and groundhopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've met Barry and Linda a few times and particularly remember a freezing cold day at Thrapston where Linda was wrapped up so tightly that it was hard to recognise her! Barry was a top bloke who will be sadly missed and my condolences go out to Linda and the family.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3