East Midlands Counties League 2016-17

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 7, 2017, 9:20 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #26 of 78 (3463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just thought I'd bump this thread up to the top to confuse everybody Wink

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 7, 2017, 9:24 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #27 of 78 (3456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I can't believe everyone's been posting on last seasons threadLaugh. Typical East Midlands 'just like Forest we live in the past'LaughSly

kirby knitters

Apr 7, 2017, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #28 of 78 (3444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Birstall Utd home game against Graham St Prims is also off tomorrow. Everything is fine at Meadow Lane so i take it Prims can't raise a team?

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

windydcfc

Apr 7, 2017, 9:52 PM

Post #29 of 78 (3423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Birstall Utd home game against Graham St Prims is also off tomorrow. Everything is fine at Meadow Lane so i take it Prims can't raise a team?

Prims have just tweeted that they've had several issues raising a team

shimtoan
Reserve Team Star

Apr 7, 2017, 10:26 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #30 of 78 (3392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I can't believe everyone's been posting on last seasons threadLaugh. Typical East Midlands 'just like Forest we live in the past'LaughSly

nah. it's just less hassle to keep the old thread going.

at least the name has changed now.

and, in my opinion, it isn't the same Forest now as it was then

Dec's gon' bring kit to ya

windydcfc

Apr 7, 2017, 10:30 PM

Post #31 of 78 (3388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

You're a one off, most are still banging on about 2 European Cups. Even though most of them aren't old enough to even remember the games lol.

shimtoan
Reserve Team Star

Apr 7, 2017, 10:34 PM

Post #32 of 78 (3384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

You're a one off, most are still banging on about 2 European Cups. Even though most of them aren't old enough to even remember the games lol.

some of my family went in '79 but that was to see Clough's Forest. Doughty, as a lifelong fan, at least kept the Forest spirit alive. Fawaz has ruined the club.

Anyhoo, Forest aren't in the EMCL (no snarky "yet" please windy)

kirby knitters

Apr 8, 2017, 9:12 AM

Post #33 of 78 (3264 views)
Shortcut

Shades of the 2nd year of this league here when Hinckley FC pulled the plug late on causing mayhem and p****ing the reformed Gresley FC fans off big time though they eventually won the title.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

windydcfc

Apr 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

Post #34 of 78 (3210 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Shades of the 2nd year of this league here when Hinckley FC pulled the plug late on causing mayhem and p****ing the reformed Gresley FC fans off big time though they eventually won the title.

Looking at the results this season, if Greenwood Meadows have there results expunged. Then there will be a couple of teams that'll benefit.
SNA, WB & Birstall have taken 6 points each off them this season & Aylestone have picked up 1 point off two games.
At the bottom Holbrook have picked up zero points off 2 games. Gedling have picked up zero points from a single game & Graham SP have picked up 6 points off two games.

windydcfc

Apr 15, 2017, 10:10 PM

Post #35 of 78 (2883 views)
Shortcut

The EMCL are having a meeting this Thursday about Greenwood Meadows.

windydcfc

Apr 16, 2017, 12:34 PM

Post #36 of 78 (2734 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The EMCL are having a meeting this Thursday about Greenwood Meadows.

An EMCL club have emailed the leagues secretary & asked if Greenwood Meadows records are going to be expunged. The reply from the secretary was, because they've played more than 75% of the fixtures they use different rules. What are the options available to the league? I know 3 points for every non-played game, but the result will be given as 0-0 is an option.

kirby knitters

Apr 16, 2017, 1:52 PM

Post #37 of 78 (2687 views)
Shortcut

The latter sounds best and also a good move to not expunge results so late in the day.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

windydcfc

Apr 16, 2017, 2:02 PM

Post #38 of 78 (2678 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The latter sounds best and also a good move to not expunge results so late in the day.

I know certain clubs aren't happy, because FA Cup entry is dependent on league placement.

kirby knitters

Apr 16, 2017, 2:09 PM

Post #39 of 78 (2671 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I know certain clubs aren't happy, because FA Cup entry is dependent on league placement.

Thats the price of clubs not seeing the season out. The league at the moment is very tight for the potential last couple of spots.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

Richard Rundle

Apr 16, 2017, 2:36 PM

Post #40 of 78 (2643 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Surely the league's rules have explicit instructions on how to deal with withdrawals?

windydcfc

Apr 16, 2017, 3:00 PM

Post #41 of 78 (2627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Surely the league's rules have explicit instructions on how to deal with withdrawals?

Pity the EMCL rules aren't readily available to read. The NCEL website would be a great example for the EMCL to follow.

Richard Rundle

Apr 16, 2017, 3:08 PM

Post #42 of 78 (2622 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Pity the EMCL rules aren't readily available to read.

As a Step 6 league they should be using the FA Standardised rules anyway. What does it say in the Northern Counties East League rules?

kirby knitters

Apr 16, 2017, 4:45 PM

Post #43 of 78 (2563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

You would certainly think so with the EMCL as they have had enough practice.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

shimtoan
Reserve Team Star

Apr 21, 2017, 11:45 AM

Post #44 of 78 (2148 views)
Shortcut

following a committee meeting yesterday the league have decided to...

seek further advice from the FA

http://eastmidlandscountiesleague.pitchero.com/management-committee-anouncement-36224

"At a Management Committee meeting held on Thursday 20th April a decision was taken on the failure by Greenwood Meadows FC to complete their last four
scheduled league games. Given the seriousness of the matter it was agreed that further advice on the decision would be sought from the FA before being
notified to the club. Once that has been concluded a further announcement wIll be made."

Swan32
Junior Team Sub

Apr 21, 2017, 1:30 PM

Post #45 of 78 (2088 views)
Shortcut

In other words let's delay it until the end of the season and fingers crossed whatever we decide to do doesn't affect anything.
How difficult is it to just expunge a teams record?

kirby knitters

Apr 21, 2017, 1:51 PM

Post #46 of 78 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swan32] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It could also be seen as them washing their hands of the situation and letting someone else sort it but i think they have taken the correct course of action due to what is at stake.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 21, 2017, 2:00 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #47 of 78 (2050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swan32] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
In other words let's delay it until the end of the season and fingers crossed whatever we decide to do doesn't affect anything.

It's not difficult, just not necessarily right. The rules say that if a club has not completed 75% of its fixtures their record will be expunged. They are less clear on what should happen if they have completed 75% of their fixtures, as is the case here.

kirby knitters

Apr 21, 2017, 2:46 PM

Post #48 of 78 (2008 views)
Shortcut

Results were expunged in 2010 when Hinckley pulled the plug very late but did the league or FA sort it?

Kirby Muxloe FC.

shimtoan
Reserve Team Star

Apr 21, 2017, 4:04 PM

Post #49 of 78 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] East Midlands Counties League 2016-17 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It's not difficult, just not necessarily right. The rules say that if a club has not completed 75% of its fixtures their record will be expunged. They are less clear on what should happen if they have completed 75% of their fixtures, as is the case here.

4th to 8th is hotly contested at the moment

currently it's
75 (+36) Aylestone Park
73 (+32) Blaby & Whetstone Athletic
71 (+45) Radford
71 (+24) Kimberley Miners Welfare
70 (+38) Dunkirk

expunging gives
74 (+37) Aylestone
68 (+44) Radford
67 (+35) Dunkirk
67 (+26) Blaby
65 (+19) Kimberley

awarding 3 points at 0-0
75 (+36) Aylestone
74 (+45) Radford
73 (+38) Dunkirk
73 (+32) Blaby
71 (+24) Kimberley

going on PPG, which is another option I believe, we currently have
1.900 - Aylestone
1.842 - Dunkirk
1.781 - Blaby
1.775 - Radford
1.775 - Kimberley

nightmare

Swan32
Junior Team Sub

Apr 21, 2017, 5:33 PM

Post #50 of 78 (1867 views)
Shortcut

It took 1.63 to get in FA cup last season so it affects even further down the table than 8th.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3