Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Plea to non league fans!

chris_cole
Ballboy/girl

Apr 20, 2017, 11:29 AM

Post #1 of 23 (4465 views)
Shortcut
Plea to non league fans! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hello. I'm a fan of Chesham United, and am conducting research into the importance of football fans amongst a modern game driven by money. Would be amazing if I could get this from the perspective of non-league fans (the real fans)
Here is a link to a survey, it is multiple choice and will take 2 minutes of your time - thanks in advance!!!!!

https://goo.gl/forms/Oo5znpTGCN3XcNPM2

(This post was edited by chris_cole on Apr 20, 2017, 1:14 PM)

adamsquire86
Youth Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 12:33 PM

Team(s): Wrexham, Coedpoeth United, Brickfield Rangers, Cefn Druids, Cardiff City,

Post #2 of 23 (4355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris_cole] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Done. Good luck.

Welsh Head Researcher for Football Manager computer game series. Anyone interested in being a researcher get in touch.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2017, 12:36 PM

Post #3 of 23 (4342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamsquire86] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also done. Hope you get plenty of response.

Whahey, they've 'unblocked' my account - no idea why they did it in the first place

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 20, 2017, 12:45 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #4 of 23 (4325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris_cole] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just seen it...done. not a lot you can say in it though...

Grounds visited: 703
Last new ground: Station Road; St. Margaretsbury FC, St. Margarets, Hertfordshire (Spartan South Midland League Premier Division)
Last game: Wednesday 16th August 2017: Croydon 2, Rusthall 1. (Southern Counties East League Premier Division)
Football matches watched this season: 17
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Apr 20, 2017, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Bo'ness United/Cowdenbeath/Wasps

Post #5 of 23 (4323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just seen it...done. not a lot you can say in it though...

Klopf.

Professional cretin.

kirby knitters

Apr 20, 2017, 12:51 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 23 (4311 views)
Shortcut

Done and the best of luck.

bakis
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 1:04 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #7 of 23 (4288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Done. Hope you get a good response and a worthwhile outcome.

chris_cole
Ballboy/girl

Apr 20, 2017, 1:16 PM

Post #8 of 23 (4256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakis] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you to all who have completed. Some interesting responses already...

hemelhopper
Reserve Team Star

Apr 20, 2017, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #9 of 23 (4209 views)
Shortcut

Heaven help a Tudor .. helping a Generals Fan .. Wink

.. all done .. say hello to Pearcey, Adam M, Blakey and Danny T .. all the best from everyone at Vauxhall Road .. Smile

.. oh and enjoy Big Ron up at The Meadow tonight.

Barbie
First Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #10 of 23 (4107 views)
Shortcut

Interesting. Except it says UK at the top and Question 6 is Anglocentric (only giving Premier League to Non League options) - clubs in Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland fall outside these categories.

chris_cole
Ballboy/girl

Apr 20, 2017, 2:31 PM

Post #11 of 23 (4068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelhopper] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you very much - As I have relocated to Brighton I haven't been able to get down to the meadow much this season. Have been going to watch Lewes quite a lot they have a fantastic set up. Another solid season for the Hemel chaps though!

garethwrexy

Apr 20, 2017, 4:22 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #12 of 23 (3901 views)
Shortcut

Done mine too

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

shimtoan
Reserve Team Star

Apr 20, 2017, 4:41 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #13 of 23 (3870 views)
Shortcut

done. I hop I haven't written too much

marinersteve
Youth Team Regular

Apr 20, 2017, 6:41 PM

Team(s): South Shields

Post #14 of 23 (3691 views)
Shortcut

Done mine too.

SandDancer in Exile

halsteadhumbug
Youth Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 9:26 PM

Team(s): Halstead Town

Post #15 of 23 (3497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marinersteve] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All done.

Counting down to returning to Argentina for 3 months in 2019.

Atavistic
Youth Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #16 of 23 (3472 views)
Shortcut

Very interesting idea this, so I hope you get useful results from it (hopefully with mine contributing to that).

Yaxley FC Programme Editor - Please PM me with any feedback/constructive criticism you may have about my work

2017/18 (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 1 (Fakenham Town)
Games: 4
Goals: 17
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 4.25
0-0s: 0

Sale Holmfield
First Team Sub

Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #17 of 23 (3361 views)
Shortcut

Done. Hopefully, you will post your results and conclusions on here as it will be interesting to see them.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Apr 21, 2017, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Bo'ness United/Cowdenbeath/Wasps

Post #18 of 23 (3072 views)
Shortcut

Also done.

Professional cretin.

Bradshaw
Youth Team Sub

Apr 21, 2017, 2:27 PM

Team(s): W.B.Albion, Black Country non-league

Post #19 of 23 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Done. But have you considered those of us who watch a wider range of football than just the one team we follow on a regular basis.? My team is my defunct setting but I may well choose an alternative if I feel there is a more attractive match (e.g a F.A. Vase semi-final). The bottom line is I cannot imagine being anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon than at a football ground whether or not it's following the team I support.

AnotherGlassboy
First Team Sub

Apr 21, 2017, 4:39 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC

Post #20 of 23 (2867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Done. But have you considered those of us who watch a wider range of football than just the one team we follow on a regular basis.? My team is my defunct setting but I may well choose an alternative if I feel there is a more attractive match (e.g a F.A. Vase semi-final). The bottom line is I cannot imagine being anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon than at a football ground whether or not it's following the team I support.

Knowing who your club is Bradshaw, I hope that's a "slip of the tongue"! Wink

hairbear
Junior Team Regular

Apr 21, 2017, 6:01 PM

Post #21 of 23 (2807 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
... the perspective of non-league fans (the real fans)

just a point of order, but why are non-league fans the 'real fans'? and what exactly is a non league fan?

I follow a non league club, I'm not a non league fan, the club I follow just happens to be playing in the non league pyramid. If in 40 years time by some miracle it manages to gain football league status, I'm not going to turn my back on it because it's no longer non league?

take Lincoln fans for example, this year they are the 'real fans', but next year in a league above they will be just ordinary fans again?

just seems a strange thing to be judging fans on?

www.atleticohinckley.co.uk - we're back and still average

Jamon Jamon
Youth Team Sub

Apr 21, 2017, 10:06 PM

Team(s): FC United of Peacehaven & Hove Albion

Post #22 of 23 (2665 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thank you very much - As I have relocated to Brighton I haven't been able to get down to the meadow much this season. Have been going to watch Lewes quite a lot they have a fantastic set up. Another solid season for the Hemel chaps though!

Have a look in at Peacehaven if you get a chance, just jump on a 12, it's 20 mins!

wild kids will fix you Clive!

mxhornet
Reserve Team Star

Apr 21, 2017, 10:28 PM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #23 of 23 (2629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamon Jamon] Plea to non league fans! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Done

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 700 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3