Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Winchester city programmes 2017.18

President
Junior Team Regular

Apr 15, 2017, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 11 (10226 views)
Shortcut
Winchester city programmes 2017.18 Can't Post or Reply Privately

With regret I have to inform visitors to Winchester next season that the matchday programme has gone electronic .not a fan but the commitee passed this and will mean no programmes on sale .on match days there will be up to date team sheets for officials and travelers thank you

kirby knitters
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 15, 2017, 9:45 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 11 (10198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [President] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fair play to you for posting this as many wouldn't for obvious reasons. I doubt your club will be alone.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League.

acmold

Apr 16, 2017, 1:35 PM

Post #3 of 11 (10108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

The programme I paid 2 for at Slough on Friday was not very good the visitors pen pics numbered just ten and half of those were not in the squad. I also got a team sheet free of charge. I noted there were quite a few programmes left at kick off. I for one would willing pay 50p for an up to date team sheet, my personal view is they are far more relevant to the game.

Chris1963

Apr 16, 2017, 8:31 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 11 (10031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [President] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
With regret I have to inform visitors to Winchester next season that the matchday programme has gone electronic .not a fan but the commitee passed this and will mean no programmes on sale .on match days there will be up to date team sheets for officials and travelers thank you

Why not make the teamsheet into a basic 4 page programme? Or combine the matchday raffle (if you have one) with a lucky programme number?

acmold

Apr 17, 2017, 8:25 AM

Post #5 of 11 (9959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why not make the teamsheet into a basic 4 page programme? Or combine the matchday raffle (if you have one) with a lucky programme number?

Most folk don't want programmes is the answer, at Slough on Friday the crowd was 780 doubt they sold 100. They are going the same way as most printed items, they are clutter and not environmentally friendly. They are just for collectors like vinyl records and ornaments. Ninety five percent of the people who are interested in them are over 50. Most youngsters are not interested.

kirby knitters

Apr 17, 2017, 9:46 AM

Post #6 of 11 (9944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I read a report on WDYG recently that St Neots are likely to be scrapping them from next season as well.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Apr 17, 2017, 12:03 PM

Post #7 of 11 (9920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Same old subject cropping up again and again and the usual ones involved (including me!).
Last week at an away game I bought a programme for 1 and it was a static 20 page shell with just an unstapled team sheet folded in the middle with the teams across the centre and on the front was the sponsor and a short history of opponents on the rear. If I was a regular supporter would I pay for one of those every home game, certainly not unless I felt duty bound to help my club. No doubt that is the limit that club can do with only a limited amount of helpers.
If a club has a reputation for giving value for money and the people involved who can contribute articles etc., then they will sell programmes. The other week one chap came to our game, paid and added "And a programme please, best in the league", a comment we get over and over again, he is in his thirties. Recently we had a load of opposition fans of all ages and all bought a programme "We only ever buy a programme when we come here, don't bother anywhere else" was what they told me which is the point I am trying to put over.
If a club can only do a team sheet then that is fair enough, I have no worries about that; incidentally we also have team sheets on the gate and they are free!

kirby knitters

Apr 17, 2017, 4:46 PM

Post #8 of 11 (9893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And the point you put over mate is a very good and valid one (and your programme is the best in the league) i purchased a couple at Cogenhoe recently simply because they had gone far and beyond what anything i have seen since the club 'joined' the UCL, they had gone into KM village history and even put a photo of the station in that closed in 1967, nothing to do with the football side of things but done by an editor with a labor of love for what he does rather than what he sells on the day. The visiting fan loved it and it was well read on his return.

Kirby Muxloe FC.

GRIFFON
First Team Regular

Apr 17, 2017, 4:59 PM

Post #9 of 11 (9888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I love anything like that pal. We used to have a steam train going over the Arches on the cover and I got loads of people emailing and asking about it. As I have always maintained, programmes are a time capsule for future family and social historians and a copy from each club should go the the local library each season.

President
Junior Team Regular

Apr 17, 2017, 9:15 PM

Post #10 of 11 (9824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Winchester city programmes 2017.18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

With regard to the team sheet being turned into a four page programme I was told today this might be a choice ,if so we would only charge a small fee for this .regarding the download it looks like it will be after the match choice and no it will be free of charge

jrev61

Apr 17, 2017, 11:48 PM

Team(s): None

Post #11 of 11 (9771 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I read a report on WDYG recently that St Neots are likely to be scrapping them from next season as well.

St. Neots were doing an online only programme two seasons ago, but this season have apparently been doing a decent proper programme. Maybe they were breaking the rules then, although I believe they printed out a few for officials etc.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3