MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2017, 5:41 PM

Post #1 of 13 (7832 views)
Shortcut
Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fans have been invited to vote for one of three options:

1) A revised format including 16 invited teams;

2) A return to the previous 48-team competition, exclusive to League One and Two;

3) Remove the competition from the fixture calendar.

I'd say that 2 is the best option, or to have 12 regional groups of four teams (48 overall) with the top teams progressing plus the best four runners-up (16 going through).

These 16 teams would then be drawn north/south and whittled down until the northern and southern finals - the winners of these games then face off at Wembley for the FL Trophy.

The FL Trophy for this season was a joke of a competition imo. Either take it back to a decent format with just League 1 or League 2 sides or else get rid of it.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 16, 2017, 6:05 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 13 (7827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2 for me , if not carried I want another vote because the others didn't realise what they were voting for.

Season 2016/17.
Below obviously only first team mens (open age) competitive games from July 1 , 2016.
up to & inc 18 / 06 /17 ---- 229 / 186 / 43.

Ropemaker
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2017, 8:03 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 13 (7775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2

Or if they have to "invite" teams, get them from the National League and have a straight knock-out

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2017, 8:31 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4 of 13 (7760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2 with maybe the teams receiving the 1st round byes based on final league position from previous season.

Steelback
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2017, 9:22 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #5 of 13 (7745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 3, total waste of time competition that no one cares about until a club gets to the final and suddenly acquires an extra 35,000 loyal 'fans' for the day that are then never seen again.

'Little' Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 CHAMPIONS

kirby knitters

Apr 17, 2017, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 13 (7662 views)
Shortcut

What "fans" have been asked though? I take it that it's proper fans of the clubs involved and not anyone just hitting some key on a phone.

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 17, 2017, 11:43 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 13 (7640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The EFL statement http://www.efl.com/...-trophy-3670256.aspx appears to make no mention of asking fans - I would like to know where this came from.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 17, 2017, 7:07 PM

Post #8 of 13 (7590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The options were show on the Blackpool FC website, so I'm assuming that they are also on (or are going to be put on) other League 1 & 2 websites.

It might just be a club thing rather than an EFL thing. I know that a lot of Blackpool fans are favouring Option 2.

oxpete
First Team Star

May 13, 2017, 4:01 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #9 of 13 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Seems like the opinions of the fans didn't mean much in the end...

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/...s_with_a_few_tweaks/

Apparently, two-thirds of the clubs who voted were in favour of leaving things as they are. I must have had my head in the sand on this one, because I can't remember hearing much support for the status quo at all.

From what I've read, both Portsmouth and Oxford United have made it known that they voted for change, in the shape of the forty-eight club knockout option. Both have said they're disappointed with the result of the vote, but both have said they'll accept it. It'd be interesting to know who else voted for change, too.

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

May 13, 2017, 5:43 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackpool voted to go back to the old way of doing things.

Strange, because Karl Oyston initially was one of those who wanted the present format brought in.

kirby knitters

May 13, 2017, 9:01 PM

Post #11 of 13 (1667 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to come across repetative but were any fans actually consulted or was it just the clubs 'speaking for them and their wishes'?

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

May 13, 2017, 9:07 PM

Post #12 of 13 (1664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think it was the latter.

kirby knitters

May 13, 2017, 10:21 PM

Post #13 of 13 (1633 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think it was the latter.

And once again the fans will vote with their feet. A totally pointless exercise.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3