MrTangerineMan
Youth Team Star

Apr 16, 2017, 5:41 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fans have been invited to vote for one of three options:

1) A revised format including 16 invited teams;

2) A return to the previous 48-team competition, exclusive to League One and Two;

3) Remove the competition from the fixture calendar.

I'd say that 2 is the best option, or to have 12 regional groups of four teams (48 overall) with the top teams progressing plus the best four runners-up (16 going through).

These 16 teams would then be drawn north/south and whittled down until the northern and southern finals - the winners of these games then face off at Wembley for the FL Trophy.

The FL Trophy for this season was a joke of a competition imo. Either take it back to a decent format with just League 1 or League 2 sides or else get rid of it.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 16, 2017, 6:05 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 8 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2 for me , if not carried I want another vote because the others didn't realise what they were voting for.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1.(1).

Benelux.
B= 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0).
L = 0-1.
N = 0-0-0.
Iberia.
P = 0 - 1.
S = 0 - 0.
Germany.
0-0-2.

Season 2016/17.
Below obviously only first team competitive games from July 1 , 2016.
@ 23 /04 /17 ---- 183 / 144 / 39.

Ropemaker
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2017, 8:03 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 8 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2

Or if they have to "invite" teams, get them from the National League and have a straight knock-out

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2017, 8:31 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4 of 8 (1282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 2 with maybe the teams receiving the 1st round byes based on final league position from previous season.

Steelback
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2017, 9:22 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #5 of 8 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Option 3, total waste of time competition that no one cares about until a club gets to the final and suddenly acquires an extra 35,000 loyal 'fans' for the day that are then never seen again.

'Little' Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 CHAMPIONS

kirby knitters
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 17, 2017, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 8 (1184 views)
Shortcut

What "fans" have been asked though? I take it that it's proper fans of the clubs involved and not anyone just hitting some key on a phone.

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 17, 2017, 11:43 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 8 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The EFL statement http://www.efl.com/...-trophy-3670256.aspx appears to make no mention of asking fans - I would like to know where this came from.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

MrTangerineMan
Youth Team Star

Apr 17, 2017, 7:07 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Clubs Ask Fans To Vote On FL Trophy Changes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The options were show on the Blackpool FC website, so I'm assuming that they are also on (or are going to be put on) other League 1 & 2 websites.

It might just be a club thing rather than an EFL thing. I know that a lot of Blackpool fans are favouring Option 2.

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3