Salisbury v Hereford

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 14, 2017, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 32 (8263 views)
Shortcut
Salisbury v Hereford Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was Salisbury's fault. Hereford fans were completely blameless.

Might as well start this thread now - no point in waiting

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 14, 2017, 12:18 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 32 (8225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Those who are not cynics when they are old are utter fools".

Season 2017/18.
Below obviously only first team mens (open age) adhering to FIFA rules .

Competitive games from July 01 , 2017.

(Up to & inc 23 / 07 / 2017.
13 / 12 / 01.

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 14, 2017, 11:42 AM

Team(s): Hereford F.C.

Post #3 of 32 (7611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pleased to see Salisbury are using common sense, This is a high profile game, could mean the difference of guaranteed promotion/ definite play off place etc.... When we played Salisbury last season in the cup semi final... had a great time at a very well run club.

jrev61

Mar 14, 2017, 1:08 PM

Team(s): None

Post #4 of 32 (7368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sittingbull] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Remember Hereford FC fans are the new scousers, they must not be blamed for anything - ever.Smile

Chris M
Youth Team Star

Mar 14, 2017, 8:39 PM

Team(s): Everton, Marine, Sheffield FC, Hallam

Post #5 of 32 (6813 views)
Shortcut

Salisbury have stipulated away tickets only to be sold to STHs.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Mar 14, 2017, 11:48 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #6 of 32 (6568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris M] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Taunton V Hereford will be fun...having just been there, unusually for this level they were allowing alcohol to be consumed pitchside. I assume common sense prevails for bigger games otherwise...

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

garethwrexy

Mar 18, 2017, 1:54 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #7 of 32 (5788 views)
Shortcut

What happened?

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

kirby knitters

Mar 18, 2017, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 32 (5773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What happened?

All will be revealed next Saturday.

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 20, 2017, 8:24 PM

Post #9 of 32 (5134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Salisbury want Hereford f.c to pay £2,500 police bill as well as pay for extra stewards....... what are they going to spend all the extra income on? as they expect Hereford to pay for everything else...... a roof for the away supporters? don't think so, to bolster their squad for the play offs? many a true word spoke in jest.
They will be lucky to get 500 Hereford fans on Saturday, season ticket holders only, able to buy tickets.... 1 season ticket = 1 purchase for Salisbury game.
Hereford have refused to pay.
maybe we can get Wantage, Barnstable & Winchester to pay for our stewarding when they come to Edgar Street...

Has any non league club ever asked a visiting team to pay the cost for the policing/ stewarding of the game? serious question.
http://www.herefordfc.co.uk/update-on-salisbury-ticket-situation/

(This post was edited by sittingbull on Mar 20, 2017, 8:34 PM)

swjoduk
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 20, 2017, 10:42 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #10 of 32 (4934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sittingbull] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've been told its a tenner for the Taunton v Hereford game. Extra stewarding and security required for Hereford visit is going to cost us Taunton fans without STs. I have bought one last 3 seasons, didn't this season but still gone to all but 4 home games and 1 pre season friendly. Back fired on me that one!

swjoduk
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 20, 2017, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #11 of 32 (4904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [swjoduk] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Salisbury haven't asked for the £2500 either

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/...d-statement.html?m=1

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 7:52 AM

Post #12 of 32 (4673 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Salisbury haven't asked for the £2500 either

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/...d-statement.html?m=1

No smoke without fire.

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 8:07 AM

Post #13 of 32 (4648 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I've been told its a tenner for the Taunton v Hereford game. Extra stewarding and security required for Hereford visit is going to cost us Taunton fans without STs. I have bought one last 3 seasons, didn't this season but still gone to all but 4 home games and 1 pre season friendly. Back fired on me that one!

What do you normally charge?
It is a big game, Taunton could make a lot of money, for an additional small outlay, with a possible 1,000 + extra supporters in attendance, all the add ons etc... being sensible with the selling of alcohol could bring in £20,000+
Plan to be there, and have a far better experience than at Didcote. May the best team win and the fans sing in harmony.

swjoduk
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 21, 2017, 8:23 AM

Post #14 of 32 (4613 views)
Shortcut

We handled Barrow game fine. They only bought just under 300 though. We had a marquee for a bar which couldn't take drinks out of or view game from. Same for normal bar that game. FA rules though for cup games. Wouldn't be surprised if Hereford given the Town end as we have separate turnstile that end now. Can then close off 2 sides and clubhouse to Hereford fans

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 8:58 AM

Post #15 of 32 (4581 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
We handled Barrow game fine. They only bought just under 300 though. We had a marquee for a bar which couldn't take drinks out of or view game from. Same for normal bar that game. FA rules though for cup games. Wouldn't be surprised if Hereford given the Town end as we have separate turnstile that end now. Can then close off 2 sides and clubhouse to Hereford fans

As long as you do similar to the Barrow game, no alcohol outside clubhouse/marquee, no selling of alcohol pitch side etc...that would be a positive thing. some extra stewarding behind the goal (if fans are behind it) I think that things would be ok. Hereford have banned the pitch invaders from Didcote (as well as others) and I am sure that Hereford will supply you with any info that you ask for.
Think this will be a great game, between the two best teams in the league.

ladderman

Mar 21, 2017, 9:32 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #16 of 32 (4540 views)
Shortcut

As long as you do similar to the Barrow game, no alcohol outside clubhouse/marquee, no selling of alcohol pitch side etc

Or your fans could stop acting like dickheads. You still seem unable to accept this is your club's problem. You also don't seem concerned about letting facts get in the way.

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 10:10 AM

Post #17 of 32 (4490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

As long as you do similar to the Barrow game, no alcohol outside clubhouse/marquee, no selling of alcohol pitch side etc

Or your fans could stop acting like dickheads. You still seem unable to accept this is your club's problem. You also don't seem concerned about letting facts get in the way.

I am not a problem of Hereford F.C. I choose to support the club, not the other way around.....I choose what games I attend, not Hereford F.C.
Hereford F.C. do not tell people what to do..... the people decide what they are going to do.
Hereford F.C. do not force anyone to drink alcohol.
Hereford F.c. do not force people to attend football matches.
Hereford F.C. are not responsible for how other clubs are run.
Hereford F.C. are not responsible for the weather, ozone layer, or your attitude.....
But just for you, I will contact the club and inform them that you consider all the wrongs within football/ the world to be Herefords fault, maybe we should drop a nuclear bomb on the city and eradicate everything that is Hereford off the face of the universe...... but I still feel that you would not be happy.
Hay, how about we do not play any away games, just home ones, could we win a league by winning all home games and forfeiting all away games? If anyone would know.... I am sure its you ladderman. yawn....

Geoff
Reserve Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 1:04 PM

Post #18 of 32 (4304 views)
Shortcut

To get back to rational discussion.
Sadly, there are some among the followers of Hereford FC that cannot be trusted to behave like responsible people at games. Other clubs can make the choice to simply exclude them or, if they want to take their money, accept the additional trouble & expense of controlling them.
It seems to me that Salisbury’s have chosen the former option, a perfectly sensible approach to try and avoid potential problems, despite the fact that it is probably going to cost them money.
Perhaps they originally offered to withdraw the restrictions on visiting fans (I use the word loosely) if Hereford agreed to meet the extra costs involved, which would explain the contradictory statements from the two clubs.
If this is the case this seems a little cheeky, and understandably, Hereford were unwilling to make a payment from which they would receive no return.
I don’t really see either club has done anything that deserves criticism. Any proper Hereford fans who are disgruntled that they will be unable to see their team at Salisbury should lay the blame where is clearly belongs, with those followers of the club who have no sense of self responsibility.

e9terra
Junior Team Regular

Mar 21, 2017, 3:07 PM

Post #19 of 32 (4078 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm a bit confused by all this. Salisbury's predecessor club, Salisbury City, played, before they went bust, in the Conference Premier, so the ground, common to both clubs, must be capable of segregation. In this, it resembles our (Weymouth's) ground, where Hereford may well be playing against us next season. I very much hope that the WFC board will choose to segregate, which gives the win-win of as many Hereford fans (well, up to 1,000, anyway) as want, can attend the game, while being unable to purchase alcohol at the ground, as there's no access to the club bar for segregated away supporters. Is this solution not possible at the Raymond McEnhill?

grandad
Youth Team Sub

Mar 21, 2017, 3:11 PM

Team(s): Slough Town, Cheltenham Trinity, Barmouth & Dyffren

Post #20 of 32 (4070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [e9terra] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Who are this Didcote Sitting Bull keeps referring to? Didcot Town I have heard of... Not being pedantic, but get the oppo's name right!

Once a Rebel, Always a Rebel

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 3:28 PM

Post #21 of 32 (4036 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I'm a bit confused by all this. Salisbury's predecessor club, Salisbury City, played, before they went bust, in the Conference Premier, so the ground, common to both clubs, must be capable of segregation. In this, it resembles our (Weymouth's) ground, where Hereford may well be playing against us next season. I very much hope that the WFC board will choose to segregate, which gives the win-win of as many Hereford fans (well, up to 1,000, anyway) as want, can attend the game, while being unable to purchase alcohol at the ground, as there's no access to the club bar for segregated away supporters. Is this solution not possible at the Raymond McEnhill?

Had no problems last year in the cup semifinal, yes it was an all ticket match, but not solely to season ticket holders. the supporters were segregated.

we have some idiots that follow the team, the club are doing their best to be rid of them, banning orders and the like.

(This post was edited by sittingbull on Mar 21, 2017, 3:33 PM)

sittingbull
Junior Team Star

Mar 21, 2017, 3:30 PM

Post #22 of 32 (4026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grandad] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Who are this Didcote Sitting Bull keeps referring to? Didcot Town I have heard of... Not being pedantic, but get the oppo's name right!

sorry grandad....
Didcot Town
Didcot Town
Didcot Town
Didcot Town
Didcot Town......hopefuly I wont get it wrong again Wink

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Regular

Mar 21, 2017, 11:44 PM

Post #23 of 32 (3803 views)
Shortcut

Oh, and it's Barnstaple, not Barnstable, to save Ladderman doing it!

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 22, 2017, 9:47 AM

Post #24 of 32 (3560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Salisbury v Hereford [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to Pitchero, Salisbury have not asked Hereford for money:

'Salisbury chairman David Phillips has denied his club have told Hereford to pay £2,500 towards their policing bill ahead of this weekend’s Southern League South & West meeting.

A row has erupted about security ahead of the game at the Ray Mac with a four figure crowd guaranteed.

A Whites statement outlined Salisbury’s take on events – and they have denied asking for cash to fund the policing of the game.

The statement read: “There have been a number of conversations with Hereford FC and the club is aware of all the circumstances surrounding our decision to restrict away ticket sales to Season Ticket Holders only.

“The two clubs had full discussions regarding the reasoning for the restriction a week ago and there have been several telephone conversations and exchanges of emails subsequently.

“The prime concern of Salisbury FC is to ensure the safety of all spectators coming to see this match and we have had consultations with the Wiltshire Safety Advisory Group who are ultimately responsible for deciding the conditions which apply to the staging of this fixture.

“There have been incidents in recent matches involving Hereford FC and this had a major effect on the requirements of the SAG.

“Ultimately, it was agreed that by having an “all ticket” match, thus limiting the maximum number of spectators and by allowing sales of away Supporters’ tickets solely to Season Ticket Holders there would be no requirement for Police to be present in the Stadium.

“At no stage did we ask Hereford FC to pay £2500 for policing.”

Phillips went on. “We have pointed out to Hereford FC that they too have a responsibility for ensuring a trouble-free afternoon and have suggested that they might like to bring along a few of their own stewards at their own expense.

“Due to recent events at away matches, this would we believe, be a prudent measure on their part.

“We have no desire to exclude any spectators from watching this game and we also realise that with the arrangements which are in force, Salisbury FC is losing out on a fair amount of potential income.

“However, we are duty bound to follow the requirements of the SAG and would re-iterate that the safety of the fans of both clubs and everyone else involved in this fixture, is of paramount importance to Salisbury FC.”'

acmold

Mar 22, 2017, 11:40 AM

Post #25 of 32 (3484 views)
Shortcut

Oxford United played there in the Conference taking 1,500 plus on occasions, by all accounts the only problems were it was a bit cramped and there were problems getting to the Gents and tea bar.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3