INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Other British Isles Football:
Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance

paulh66
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 31, 2016, 11:19 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #1 of 9 (2080 views)
Shortcut
Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance Can't Post or Reply Privately

League website reports the following have applied ahead of today's deadline:

WELSH NATIONAL LEAGUE
Brickfield Rangers, Chirk AAA and FC Nomads
WELSH ALLIANCE LEAGUE
Llandudno Junction, Llandyrnog United, Glantreath and Llangefni Town
MID WALES LEAGUE
Berriew, Carno, Llanraeadr YM and Rhayader Town

Full details at http://www.huwsgrayalliance.co.uk/...0-promotion-deadline

gcnc

Dec 31, 2016, 11:34 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #2 of 9 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone confirm that the new FAW Tier 2 regulations, meant to start in 2017-18, have been delayed a year? If not, nearly all of these sides will fail the ground test as they have nowhere near the 250 covered seats required. Many of the existing Tier 2 sides both in the Cymru Alliance and in South Wales, Welsh League Division 1, would also fail the new regulations.

Even if that is the case, FC Nomads would need to reactivate their plans for a groundshare at Airbus UK presumably (??)

(This post was edited by gcnc on Dec 31, 2016, 11:39 AM)

barcud-coch
First Team Sub

Dec 31, 2016, 6:39 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wrexham=based club FC Queens Park have had their application for promotion added to the list today.

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 31, 2016, 7:08 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I understand they have been postponed for a year

Tim Johnson

Ipeland
Youth Team Sub

Dec 31, 2016, 10:28 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #5 of 9 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wrexham=based club FC Queens Park have had their application for promotion added to the list today.

I assume they would use the athletics stadium instead of the pitch they are currently on?

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 31, 2016, 10:41 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #6 of 9 (1891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I assume they would use the athletics stadium instead of the pitch they are currently on?

Definitely. Their predecessors used the stadium when they played in the Cymru Alliance between 2005-08.

gcnc

Feb 14, 2017, 9:11 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Berriew planning ground improvements in advance for Tier 2 grading

http://clwbpeldroed.org/...ew-100-seater-stand/

adamsquire86
Junior Team Star

Mar 7, 2017, 9:10 AM

Team(s): Wrexham, Coedpoeth Utd, Colwyn Bay, Cefn Druids, Cardiff City, Brickfield

Post #8 of 9 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at the Queens Park v Brickfield match on Saturday and overheard a conversation regarding promotion. Apparently as long as Brickfield finish in the top two they are going up. This is because Queens Park haven't got a ground that meets the Cymru Alliance criteria, and they are unable to get a ground share on the Queensway with Crusaders.

This seems a bit daft though as 1. Crusaders play there from March to October, and 2. Crusaders home games are on a Sunday.

As I said though this is only what I overheard, so it could be rubbish.

Also I assume that Brickfield have had their ground inspected and been told what is required, as there was a post on Facebook last week showing some ground improvements being made.

(This post was edited by adamsquire86 on Mar 7, 2017, 9:14 AM)

gcnc

Mar 20, 2017, 8:11 PM

Post #9 of 9 (432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamsquire86] Promotion applicants to Cymru Alliance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brickfield tweeting their ground improvements

https://mobile.twitter.com/...244149198849/photo/1

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3