Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Rock Against Cancer, Saturday 20th May 2017

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 12, 2017, 7:15 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Rock Against Cancer, Saturday 20th May 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wonder if there are any Forumites who have attended what has been called 'the biggest small festival in the world?'

Held each May at The Kings Arms in All Cannings, near Devizes, the concert seeks to help fund-raise for three cancer charities (Macmillan Cancer Support, Above & Beyond and Hope For Tomorrow) and since the first show in 2012 the organisers (Richard Baulu, Andy Scott and John Callis) have raised over 152,000.

Bands and artists such as Squeeze, Big Country, 10CC, The SAS Band, Steve Harley, Suzi Quatro and Sweet have performed at this concert over the years and this year will see Gerry & The Pacemakers, John Coghlan's Quo, Sweet, Wilko Johnson, Allison Moyet and an All Stars Band led by Paul Wickens from Sir Paul McCartney's Band perform in front of the crowd in the field at the rear of The Kings Arms.

Whisper it amongst yourselves, but there MIGHT also be a charity football match held near the venue for Rock Against Cancer in the weeks preceding the concert and once I can get confirmed details I'll let people know (might be one for the Groundhoppers list?)

If you'd like to attend this years event then tickets are on sale now from The Kings Arms (All Cannings), Sounds Record Store (Marlborough) and Wadworth Brewery (Devizes). E-tickets can also be bought online from concertatthekings.co.uk

I'm sure that we all know somebody or of somebody who has suffered from this most horrible illness (I've lost four family members to it) and this concert really does help to make a difference to people who need help and support.

I'll be there on Saturday 20th May - maybe a few of you will be there too?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3