Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Mystery shed in Cornwall!!

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Feb 22, 2017, 12:40 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5194 views)
Shortcut
Mystery shed in Cornwall!! Can't Post or

OK everyone, this is 'left field' but if any forum can solve this, this one can I hope.
Last Saturday I took the scenic route to Lanreath which took me to a village called Mount in Cornwall. Taking a narrow lane out of the village towards Lanreath there was a house immediately on the left and next to it was a large black shed in a small field. Intriguingly on it was a faded painted sign which said - I think - 'Home team' or something,like that.
A cursory glance around revealed nothing of a sporting venue nature so I am none the wiser as to what the shed is or was.
Anybody down that way have any clues?

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 23, 2017, 11:00 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 6 (5034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Mystery shed in Cornwall!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cornwall is indeed a strange place. Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I clearly recall reading - probably in 1976 or 1977 - a curious news story in the 'Guardian' about what the paper quaintly described as "Cornish homosexuals" being tried for participating in what the newspaper described as "sexual intercourse" (some of the men were under 21, hence the motive for prosecuting them) The tone of the article implied that Cornwall was an odd place, different to anywhere else in the UK. My memory does not stretch to remembering the outcome of the trial, but it was possibly the first time I had read about such things in a newspaper. I think the Guardian was the only national newspaper that covered the trial, which probably took place at Truro.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Feb 26, 2017, 9:14 AM)

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 23, 2017, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Mystery shed in Cornwall!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Doesn't ring any bells. As you say there is no sporting teams in that immediate area.

Last 0-0 draw: Friday 04/11/2016 Bodmin Town v Plymouth Parkway

pitch 63
First Team Star

Feb 24, 2017, 7:33 AM

Post #4 of 6 (4984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Mystery shed in Cornwall!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are you implying Mount, Home Team and homosexuals are linked?

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 24, 2017, 10:08 AM

Team(s): None

Post #5 of 6 (4959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pitch 63] Mystery shed in Cornwall!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Are you implying Mount, Home Team and homosexuals are linked?

Perhaps it all went on in that shed!

jrev61

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 28, 2017, 11:08 PM

Post #6 of 6 (4597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Mystery shed in Cornwall!! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The trial would have been held at Bodmin as Truro Crown Court wasn't used until the 1990s

Last 0-0 draw: Friday 04/11/2016 Bodmin Town v Plymouth Parkway

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3